WCU Online Gaming Club
Sign in to follow this  
FTE Kaz-Ka

Upcoming Events

Hey everybody, sorry I havent been posting as much latley but Ive been pretty busy this summer so I hope you all understand. Anyway, I figured Id drop in today and give everybody a heads up and a few reminders. First off, is ValleyBalleyWhoo, which we are going to be running a table at this year (I believe, Im going to double check on that but Im sure we are). We will be out there for a little while having some video game quizes with prizes so come on out and show your support.

I also want to inform everyone that our first meeting will take place on September 10th, so I want MANY people to show up to this, elcetions will be held, and as always, it should be a fun meeting (and Adam, if you could post this on the homepage, I would be very greatful). And as far as LAN dates go, Im still debating on them but I should have a concrete decision by 5:00pm today so keep checking back.

I hope to make this upcoming semester a fun and exciting one for all of you and I hope you all stay safe during the summer. And dont forget, keep playing them games!

I'm looking forward to getting he LAN dates finalized. See, there are a few potential sponsors I want to court and as soon as the dates are set in stone, I'm going to start shooting out the emails.

My ideal LAN dates would be October 17th and December 5th. How does that sound everybody?

October 17th won't work. The grandroom is already reserved until 1pm and it's homecoming on top of that. The 24th is already reserved by family weekend but the 10th is completely open.

December 5th won't work, it's already reserved for the madrigal dinner. The weekend before that is Thanksgiving break but you can go with December 12th. I know it's the weekend before exams but it's the only thing still open in that time of the school year unless we do it before the Thanksgiving break.

I'm looking forward to getting he LAN dates finalized. See, there are a few potential sponsors I want to court and as soon as the dates are set in stone, I'm going to start shooting out the emails.

You should go ahead and see if they are just interested, that way if they say no, we can go ahead and cross them off the sponsor list. Oh and Ephiram, I REALLY hope we can get Shark Robot again, I have recieved nothing but positive feedback about those Brawl Posters they gave us. I love how enthusiastic you are about finding us sponsors! Keep up the good work man!

(fyi, Im going to start looking for some for us Monday)

October 17th won't work. The grandroom is already reserved until 1pm and it's homecoming on top of that. The 24th is already reserved by family weekend but the 10th is completely open.

December 5th won't work, it's already reserved for the madrigal dinner. The weekend before that is Thanksgiving break but you can go with December 12th. I know it's the weekend before exams but it's the only thing still open in that time of the school year unless we do it before the Thanksgiving break.

Thanks for the heads up Mitch, I had a feeling youd know this. I lost that link you sent me because of a hard drive malfunction so if you could send it to me again, that would be great (I had it copied in word and that was all).

Right before Thanksgiving break would be better then a week before exams. You might want to look at doing the first LAN late september.

Ok everyone, sorry it took me so long to get back to all of you but I think I have the LAN dates down. We can have the first one October 10 and the second one December 12th. Now remember December 12th is right before exams but we did have a good turnout last time this happened. The only reason that I believe we shouldnt have one in September is because it just seems to soon to me.

If any of you like this or have a better idea, let me know by posting. Otherwise, the next time you hear about this will be next Thursday (September 4th).

Im going to book the Grand Room for our first LAN on October 31st and the second one for December 12th

This just screams costume contest. I'm considering whether I should go as Mr. Game and Watch or Princess Peach Master Chief.

This just screams costume contest. I'm considering whether I should go as Mr. Game and Watch or Princess Peach Master Chief.

Oh yeah, dress as your favorite video game character?

Sounds cool to me.

~MadNik, calling Scorpion from Mortal Kombat before anyone else can get their sweaty hands on it...