11 replies to this topic

#1 FTE Kaz-Ka

FTE Kaz-Ka

Duke

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 01:51 AM

Well actually, its the PS3 Slim and its coming out September 1st. Its only going to be $299, but backwards compatibility isn't going to come with it but its ont losing anything the last generation of PS3 had. check it out over at

http://www.ign.com
Posted Image

#2 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7320 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 02:56 AM

Hate to bash this but it's sad that the Wii can play PS1 games and the PS3 can't.
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#3 YouWinGameOver

YouWinGameOver

GrandMasta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1542 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:26 AM

Hate to bash this but it's sad that the Wii can play PS1 games and the PS3 can't.

i almost died laughing. The fucking Wii of all systems can play ps1 games and the PS3 cant this is lolable to no end.
Also known as YouWinGameOver, (UMF)Happy Gilmore, SpentClips [center]

btw ill vouch for you... you've been playing for a while so i got u :)

Posted Image</div>
[center]Posted Image</div>

#4 Dankst@

Dankst@

Duke

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:33 AM

im pretty sure there ganna cut some stuff outta the new ps3, there not ganna have as many usb ports from 4 to 2 and i think there ganna take out the memory card readers

#5 FTE Kaz-Ka

FTE Kaz-Ka

Duke

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 02:08 PM

actually mitch they can. all PS3s can. And to be honest, that seems to be the only good thing about the Wii right now is the fact that it is so easy to hack. The only good games that seem to come out for the Wii are rail shooters and FPSs. Oh and if I was to ever buy another Wii, Nintendo would be hearing from me about that bulls*** they pulled with Wii MotionPlus.

and Dankst, they arent cutting anything out of it from what I read, they made the cell processor smaller
Posted Image

#6 josrocket

josrocket

Count

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:45 PM

im pretty sure there ganna cut some stuff outta the new ps3, there not ganna have as many usb ports from 4 to 2 and i think there ganna take out the memory card readers

The only thing that it cant do that the others can is the install other os feature was removed from the slim. Also the slim features a new system that alows it to be controled by the new Sony Bravia TVs. I was more afraid that the hdd wasnt removable anymore but it is still a sata notebook drive and easily accessible from the bottom...so im relieved.

It is avalible in the US on Sept. 1st

Mitch your hating is just getting rediculous just quit.

Edited by josrocket, 19 August 2009 - 05:47 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 josrocket

josrocket

Count

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:49 PM

Well actually, its the PS3 Slim and its coming out September 1st. Its only going to be $299, but backwards compatibility isn't going to come with it but its ont losing anything the last generation of PS3 had. check it out over at

http://www.ign.com

Also, the price drop is affective of immediatly for all versions including the current 160gb and 80gb versions
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • 7320 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 06:00 PM

but backwards compatibility isn't going to come with it

actually mitch they can. all PS3s can.

Now I'm REALLY confused...

But Josh it's not intentionally hating. My understanding from other threads is that Sony intentionally took out the ability to natively play PS1/PS2 games so they could implement it differently (or sell it back) later. That would be like Nintendo taking away the gamecube compatibility after a few months of sales so they could release (or sell) a seperate "channel" for it later. Yeah in the end it might be nice but in the meantime the players who didn't jump on the bandwagon from the start are kinda screwed. Everyone knows the console could easily play them and probably has the raw power to software emulate them, I guess it's just taboo to discuss it...

I just think it hurts you guys is all I'm saying. I think that's something Sony should invent a time machine to go back and redo that whole thing differently.

Btw, integration with TVs is a sexy feature.
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#9 josrocket

josrocket

Count

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 06:30 PM

Now I'm REALLY confused...

But Josh it's not intentionally hating. My understanding from other threads is that Sony intentionally took out the ability to natively play PS1/PS2 games so they could implement it differently (or sell it back) later. That would be like Nintendo taking away the gamecube compatibility after a few months of sales so they could release (or sell) a seperate "channel" for it later. Yeah in the end it might be nice but in the meantime the players who didn't jump on the bandwagon from the start are kinda screwed. Everyone knows the console could easily play them and probably has the raw power to software emulate them, I guess it's just taboo to discuss it...

I just think it hurts you guys is all I'm saying. I think that's something Sony should invent a time machine to go back and redo that whole thing differently.

Btw, integration with TVs is a sexy feature.

Yeah with out really thinking about it it seems wrong but if you put yourself in the shoes of the game developers...Think about this...the new ghost busters game was for all systems including ps2 and ps3, if most had backwards compatiblity why would i buy the ps3 version..for 50% the price and half the graphics i could get the same game for the ps2 and play it on ps3...dont you see how that would be a problem for the game companies as well as sony...how can they support the ps2 now if they allow you to do that on the ps3 right now,,,the reason it was on the orignal released ps3s was because they thought the ps2 sales would go in the toilet when the ps3 was released

For the systems that are not backwards compatible allready they will release a firmware patch that will enable it and of course it will be free.

Edited by josrocket, 19 August 2009 - 06:37 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 FTE Kaz-Ka

FTE Kaz-Ka

Duke

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:21 PM

Mitch you took what I said out of context, I meant that all PS3s can play PS1 games, so I was sort of wrong. They are backwards compatible to a certain extent.
Posted Image

#11 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • 7320 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:04 PM

I see what you mean Josh. I think that could be easily fixed by having developers stop making PS2 ports of the newer games. Sure it sucks but every console has to die eventually and the way Sony sales have been going it's looking like the PS2 will still be on store shelves on PS4 release day.

That's not necessarily a bad thing but older generations need phasing out. Now that the PS3 is priced more competitively that's more likely to happen but game devs have to abandon the console before the people will.
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#12 josrocket

josrocket

Count

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:30 PM

I see what you mean Josh. I think that could be easily fixed by having developers stop making PS2 ports of the newer games. Sure it sucks but every console has to die eventually and the way Sony sales have been going it's looking like the PS2 will still be on store shelves on PS4 release day.

That's not necessarily a bad thing but older generations need phasing out. Now that the PS3 is priced more competitively that's more likely to happen but game devs have to abandon the console before the people will.

Your right..the new price is def. hinting at the death of the ps3...plus its not like they havent been hinting at it themselves...it was suppost to have died 2 years ago lol
Well, if the ports for both systems sell then why say no to money? See if they are still making the ps2 ports then they dont obviously want the system to die just yet..we will know when they stop producing games, then the backwards compatiblity comes for ps3(this will urge the current ps2 consumers to think about the new system) and then soon after, they stop producing the ps2 system. Then it is dead Its a easy way for sony to get some new quality customers cause if they have all these ps2 games they are more inclined to get a ps3.

Edited by josrocket, 19 August 2009 - 10:40 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users