Sheena Blackwell (Squirrelrapper)
Tim Carl
Daniel Cable (tF Tallgese)
Shannon Valk (Shannannonan)
Kelly Cooke (shadowchick)
Rachael Wagner (georgephntoma)
Daryl Phillys (Masahiro918/Inmate24691)

8:00 PM
Meeting called to order by President Michael Huffman (Kaz-Ka), who greeted the crowd, especially the new faces in attendance.

8:02 PM
Activity: Election for PC Vice President
Michael Huffman described the responsibilities of the position and took nominations. Hobert Campbell (Heeroshin) was the only candidate to be nominated and won by default.
Hobert Campbell is now PC Vice President.

8:04 PM
Nathan Golder (shatteredvid) dropped his Kit Kat bar. There was much commotion as he climbed over the table to retrieve it. Those in attendance deemed it to be funny.

8:04 PM
Activity: Election for Console Vice President
Michael Huffman described the responsibilities of the position and took nominations. The nominees spoke to the crowd, describing what they would bring to the position, then a vote was taken. Here are the results:
Brenton Barber(tF Shingi) - 22
Joshua Schwartz (josrocket) - 12
Brenton Barber is now Console Vice President

8:13 PM
Activity: Election for Secretary
Michael Huffman described the responsibilities of the position. He also announced that the Secretary would now be responsible for updating the constitution when changes have been made. Ephraim Freed (Cutie Summer Sailor) was the only nominee and won by default.
Ephraim Freed retains the position of Secretary.

8:14 PM
Activity: Election for Historian
It was announced the position of Marketing Adminisrator/Historian have been separated into two positions. After describing the responsibilities of the Historian, Michael Huffman took nominations. The nominees gave speeches to the crowd and a vote was taken:
Nathan Golder - 27
Joshua Daniels ( Felix/Domo) - 5
Shawna Hipps (Nalgenie) - 2
Nathan Golder is now Historian.

8:22 PM
Activty: Election for Maretin Administrator
Michael Huffman described the position and took nominations. The nominees spoke to the crowd, then a vote was taken:
Merit Moll (Immortal Bob) - 10
Joseph DeLong (Thor) - 24
Joseph DeLong is now Marketing Administrator.

8:30 PM
Activity: Gathering of Volunteer Officers
Michael Huffman announced that, in order to keep the club's recently acquired office, several club representatives will have to be in the office for a set number of hours each week. These representatives will be called "Club Officers." Several people volunteered for this duty:
-Stephanie Wolf
-Andrew Hudson
-Garret Gomez

8:35 PM
Activity: Election for Treasurer
It was announced that the position of Treasurer has been reinstated. After describing the position, Michael Huffman took nominations. Shawna Hipps (Nalgenie) was the only nomine and won by default.
Shawna Hipps is the new Treasurer.

8:36 PM
Activity: Election for Counterstrike 1.6 Council Leader
Adam Josey (Adam37) was the only nominee and won by default.
Adam Josey is now Counterstike 1.6 Council Leader.
Michael Huffman reminded all Admins that they have the authority to change maps.

8:38 PM
Activity: Election for Counterstrike Source Council Leader
Lemm was the only nominee and won by default.
Lemm is now Counterstrike Source Council Leader.

8:39
Activity: Elections for Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, and Gungame Source Council Leaders.
Nobody was nominated for any of these positions, so Michael Huffman and Hobert Campbell asked for volunteers. Nathan Golder volunteered to run the Team Fortress 2 server and Michael Owoc volunteered to run the Left 4 Dead server. There were no volunteers for the Gungame Council Leader.

8:45 PM
Activity: Vote on the future of the Gungame server.
Those in attendance unanimously voted to remove the Gungame server due to lack of volunteers for leadership positions and frequent technical and population issues.

8:46 PM
Activity: Election for Wii Council Leader
Michael Huffman described the responsibilities of the position and took nominations. The nominees spoke to the crowd, then a vote was taken.
Joshua Daniels - 15
Ephraim Freed - 16
Ephraim Freed is now Wii Council Leader.

8:52 PM
Activity: Election for Xbox 360 Council Leader
Michael Huffman described the responsibilities of the position and took nominations. The nominees spoke to the crowd, then a vote was taken.
Daniel Cable (tF Tallgeese) - 29
Casey Scarbro (ExiLe) - 6
Daniel Cable is now Xbox 360 Council Leader

8:55 PM
Activity: Election for Playstation 3 Council Leader
Joshua Schwartz (josrocket) - 15
Kyle Joyce (Arch Angel) - 19
Kyle Joyce is now Playstation 3 Council Leader

9:00 PM
Announcement: New Sponsor
Ephraim Freed announced that the club had recently secured Split Reason as a sponsor.

9:01 PM
Discussion: Casual LANs
Several members discussed holding casual LANs with no prizes. The situation will be discussed at greater length in the future.

9:02 PM
Announcement: Prizes
Michael Huffman announced that the club will make an attempt at hosting cash prizes for some tournaments at the next LAN. The club will also have raffle tickets.

9:05 PM
Discussion: LAN Date
It was discovered that the date of the next LAN was scheduled during Fall Break. The Executives deemed this to be unsatisfactory. Michael Huffman will attempt to get a new date for the first LAN. Another LAN is scheduled for December.

9:06 PM
Announcement: Free Play Section
Michael Huffman announced his intent to have a section designated for free-play at the next LAN.

9:07 PM
Proposition: "On the Fence" Rule
Michael Huffman proposed a constitutional change, dubbed the "On the Fence" rule:
At each LAN, the two tournaments that have the least number of contestants will be put "on the fence." If either of these games are brought back at the next LAN, but are again within the bottom two, they will not be considerable for the LAN after that. After this skipped turn, they will be considerable again.
Those in attendance unanimously voted in favor of the proposal. Further details regarding the rule will be announced soon.

9:11 PM
Announcement: Multi-Console Tournaments
Michael Huffman announced that the club will no longer host tournament on more than one platform at a time. For example: Soulcalibur 4 tournaments will not be hosted on both Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.

9:13 PM
Election: Wii Games for the Next LAN
Michael Huffman took nominations for Wii tournaments to be hosted at the next LAN. Then a vote was taken. Each person in attendance could vote twice.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 27
Punchout!! - 10
Mario Kart Double Dash - 10
Super Smash Bros. Melee - 9
Wii Bowling - 9
The Price is Right - 8
Mario Party 8 - 3
Conduit - 3
Soulcalibur 2 - 3
Red Steel - 0

A second vote was taken to break the tie between Punchout!! and Mario Kart Double Dash:
Punchout!! - 9
Mario Kart Double Dash - 25
Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart Double Dash will be hosted at the next LAN.

"About Price is Right. Is it Bob Barker or Drew Carrey, because that will affect my vote."
--Trevor Lemly (Nebs)

9:25 PM
Election: Playstation 3 Games for the Next LAN
Michael Huffman took nominations for Playstation 3 tournaments to be hosted at the next LAN. Then a vote was taken. Each person in attendance could vote twice.
Blazblue - 17
Soulcalibur IV - 15
Tekken 6 - 12
Rock Band 2 -12
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - 8
Resistance 2 - 4

Blazblue and Soulcalibur IV will be hosted at the next LAN.

9:30 PM
Election: Xbox 360 Games for the Next LAN
Michael Huffman took nominations for Xbox 360 tournaments to be hosted at the next LAN. Then a vote was taken. Each person in attendance could vote twice.

Modern Warfare 2 -16
Halo 3: ODST - 18
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - 14
Guitar Hero 5 -7
Ikaruga - 5
Gears of War 2 - 4
Tekken 6 - 4
Fusion Frenzy - 3
Team Fortress 2 - 2
Street Fighter 4 - 2
Street Fight 2 Turbo - 0

Modern Warfare 2 and Halo 3: ODST will be hosted at the next LAN.
Note: It is likely that the next LAN will take place before either of these games are released. In this case OSDT will be replaced with Halo 3 and Modern Warfare 2 will be replaced with Call of Duty 4.

9:38 PM
Election: PC Tournaments for the Next LAN
Michael Huffman took nominations for PC tournaments to be hosted at the next LAN. Then a vote was taken. Each person in attendance could vote four times.

Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne - 21
Team Fortress 2 - 16
Worms - 14
Left 4 Dead - 14
Call of Duty 4 - 6
Medevil 2 - 6
Tribes - 5
Halo: Combat Evolved - 5
Starcraft - 5
Stepmania - 5
Gunbound - 5
Empire TW - 4
Red Alert 3 - 4
Counterstrike 1.6 - 4
Age of Empires 3 - 3
Dawn of War 40K - 3
Counterstrike: Source - 2
Command and Conquer 3 - 2
Battlefield 2 - 2
Melty Blood - 2
Renegade - 2
Doom 2 - 1

Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress 2, and Worms will be hosted at the next LAN.

9:56 PM
Election: Alumni Advisor
Michael Huffman described the position and took nomination. Then a vote was taken.
David Griffith (NoDice) - 10
Michael Moore (Oh Malley) - 2
Michael Russell (Nickname) - 3
Joshua Schwartz (josrocket) - 13
Joshua Schwartz is now Alumni Advisor.

10:06 PM
Announcements: Saturday Mini-LANs
Michael Huffman encouraged those in attendance (especially the freshmen) to attend the Saturday Mini-LANs at Central Drive Hall.

10:08 PM
Discussion: New Logo and T-Shirts
Daniel Cable asked for those with graphic-design experience to contact him about designing a new logo and, possibly, design club T-shirts.

10:09 PM
Announcement: Equipment
All in attendance were encouraged to bring equipment to future LAN events, but told to share everything they bring with other attendees.

10:10 PM
Michael Huffman adjourned the meeting.
Posted Image
I met Flute Link!

#2 Ephraim

Ephraim

Secret, but fun.

• Club Executives
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2644 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:29 PM

In order to avoid an argument, I'm offering a distraction.
Posted Image
I met Flute Link!

#3 FTE Kaz-Ka

FTE Kaz-Ka

Duke

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:08 PM

Nice meeting minutes Ephraim. By the way everyone, Jill was not in her office today but first thin tuesday, Im getting us the Grand Room for OCT 31!
Posted Image

#4 adam37

adam37

CS 1.6 Council Leader

• PC Council Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1683 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:10 PM

I would like to add that admins do not have the ability to change maps. They have the ability to vote for maps according to the rules and guidelines that are already in place

#5 FTE Kaz-Ka

FTE Kaz-Ka

Duke

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:13 PM

I would like to add that admins do not have the ability to change maps. They have the ability to vote for maps according to the rules and guidelines that are already in place

As of last night, they do (at the descression of what the PC VP says). And I already told him that they could. I mean hell, why not, especially if it is hurting the server?
Posted Image

#6 adam37

adam37

CS 1.6 Council Leader

• PC Council Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1683 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:17 PM

As of last night, they do (at the descression of what the PC VP says). And I already told him that they could. I mean hell, why not, especially if it is hurting the server?

It has admin abuse written all over it

#7 FTE Kaz-Ka

FTE Kaz-Ka

Duke

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:25 PM

It has admin abuse written all over it

And if we get complaints about it from people on the server, then me and the PC VP will take the ban hammer to their ass lol. No seriously though, we will punish them IF we get compaints about this. Just because something can be abussed doesnt mean it will.
Posted Image

#8 adam37

adam37

CS 1.6 Council Leader

• PC Council Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1683 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:29 PM

Maybe I'm a little confused. We have never done this before, why now?

#9 FTE Kaz-Ka

FTE Kaz-Ka

Duke

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:34 PM

Because Ive received complaints from several people that some of the CS servers are losing people because of the map selection. If we give them the power to change it for the better, it might bolster our population on the servers. And you guys thought I didnt care about the PC side ;)
Posted Image

#10 Ex

Ex

clubs pain in the butt

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:37 PM

But you dont give all the admins that power you give it to a few admins you know can handle it
And how was my name not added as one for the css cl i had voiced mine in time and according to hubert it was in the vote

Edited by Ex, 04 September 2009 - 06:41 PM.

I am 77% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
http://hlxc.wcugamin...ckground=random
In some causes silence is dangerous. Saint Ambrose
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself. Richard M. Nixon
Most people expend more time and energy talking their way around a problem than tackling it head-on. (Henry Ford)
Posted Image

#11 FTE Kaz-Ka

FTE Kaz-Ka

Duke

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:04 PM

I was not told that you wanted to run for CSS CL and you did not post on the forums that you wanted to run for it (this thread was up for about a week and I wrote everyones name down that wanted to run for stuff). If Lemm doesnt want the position, you can have it Ex, otherwise you can't, sorry.
Posted Image

#12 Phonetically Phamous (dice

Phonetically Phamous (dice

Legendary Noob

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7747 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:08 PM

not trying to be negative nancy but they Treasurer position is not a current chair. This was reconciled with the creation of the 2 Vice-Presidents, last i can remember... (going to go look at past minutes and check back)

#13 FTE Kaz-Ka

FTE Kaz-Ka

Duke

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:13 PM

not trying to be negative nancy but they Treasurer position is not a current chair. This was reconciled with the creation of the 2 Vice-Presidents.

Im still going to handle all money issues, the "Treasurer" is just going to be one of the people to watch the door at our LANs this sesmester. So technically, Shawna will only be the a "Treasurer" of sorts at the LAN, but not the actual "treasurer" if you understand what Im trying to say.

Oh and for allof our new CLs and two VPs, I messaged Adam to about getting your permissions right for the website. If he doesnt get to it tonight, I try to do it.
Posted Image

#14 Ex

Ex

clubs pain in the butt

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:51 PM

I was not told that you wanted to run for CSS CL and you did not post on the forums that you wanted to run for it (this thread was up for about a week and I wrote everyones name down that wanted to run for stuff). If Lemm doesnt want the position, you can have it Ex, otherwise you can't, sorry.

then you might want to speak to Hubert as hes the one that said that me wanting the spot had been voiced and it was decided i would get it so how were you not told about this . That makes no sense and when i asked in irc where this nomination stuff was posted on the forums that i hadn't seen anything about it i was told that the nominations was being done at the meeting and then . Hubert told me that if i wanted to run for it to give me name and handle of witch i did and he came back and said he had voiced my nomination and that is when he told me i had the cl spot . And he said he was speaking on behalf of you kazka so hmmmm .
I am 77% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
http://hlxc.wcugamin...ckground=random
In some causes silence is dangerous. Saint Ambrose
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself. Richard M. Nixon
Most people expend more time and energy talking their way around a problem than tackling it head-on. (Henry Ford)
Posted Image

#15 Heero Shin

Heero Shin

Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 08:15 PM

then you might want to speak to Hubert as hes the one that said that me wanting the spot had been voiced and it was decided i would get it so how were you not told about this . That makes no sense and when i asked in irc where this nomination stuff was posted on the forums that i hadn't seen anything about it i was told that the nominations was being done at the meeting and then . Hubert told me that if i wanted to run for it to give me name and handle of witch i did and he came back and said he had voiced my nomination and that is when he told me i had the cl spot . And he said he was speaking on behalf of you kazka so hmmmm .

By the time that i voiced your want to fill the position, I had completely forgot that the position was already taken and thus the confusion was born. Kaz Said and I quote "If he wants it, he can have it." Like i said before the position was filled by Lemm. I'm sorry, but I am working this out on my Thread. I have both yours and Lemm's credentials, so please allow me to get this and a few other things straight here over the Labor Day weekend and I will give my final answer on the matter.

And it's Hobert :P I was born in Hubert :D
Posted Image

#16 adam37

adam37

CS 1.6 Council Leader

• PC Council Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1683 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:04 PM

Because Ive received complaints from several people that some of the CS servers are losing people because of the map selection. If we give them the power to change it for the better, it might bolster our population on the servers. And you guys thought I didnt care about the PC side ;)

PM me the people who complained....

sure..ill go ahead and give all the admins the ability to change maps at will

Edited by adam37, 04 September 2009 - 09:09 PM.

#17 PicklePuppy

PicklePuppy

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:45 PM

Aw poop sandwiches, can't believe I missed the meeting! D:

Am I still allowed to come to future meetings? O:

#18 FTE Kaz-Ka

FTE Kaz-Ka

Duke

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:01 PM

PM me the people who complained....

sure..ill go ahead and give all the admins the ability to change maps at will

Ill get the list compiled tomorrow. Thanks for the help

Aw poop sandwiches, can't believe I missed the meeting! D:

Am I still allowed to come to future meetings? O:

OH COURSE YOU CAN! Everyone can come to the meetings.
Posted Image

#19 FelixNova

FelixNova

PC Vice President

• Club Executives
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 02:36 PM

I beleve I got left out, lol.

And as I posted in Adam's thread:
I didn't get a exec position this time (perhaps it's for the best) but I am still willing to help out anyone with anything before, durring, and after LANs, or any other event for that matter.
Circuit looks good, turn on the power supply
'k
Huh...
The transistor has negative current flow in all directions, cool
*boom*

Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7320 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 05:40 PM

If I was still the PC VP this would not be happening.

It's a TERRIBLE idea and will be abused constantly. Complaints should have come to the people who had the power to make changes and to be honest I'm disappointed that the first I'm hearing about complaints like this is the day after I'm voted out of office.

It's nothing personal but it was a piss poor decision to keep the complaints from me and other CLs and to be honest it's not your job to dictate policy on the servers themselves. The last time a president made a policy decision for the servers against the recommendation of the CL it nearly destroyed the CSS server and barred a number of execs from playing on it.

Maybe it's best I'm not going to be CL this semester because this is a headache I wouldn't want to have dealt with on a daily basis.

As you know, this decision is entirely up to the new execs, but having been around the block a few times it's a trend I don't like the look of...
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users