4 replies to this topic

#1 Keg0Death

Keg0Death

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 03:24 PM

I don't know if anyone has a thread about 40k yet or not, I looked around for a while and couldn't find one.

Anyway.... anyone play 40k? I have all my minis here at WCU, I just can't find anyone else that plays.
"Keep laughing from the top of your wall. Those nids are just making a ramp with their dead bodies to come eat you. Btw that was only the first wave."
"I think I just died a little on the inside when you told me that."
"Well your gonna die a lot on the outside. So get comfortable, its probably not so bad to get ripped apart while your asleep."
"I'm promoting you to moral support buddy."
"I try."(lights a cig and awaits the horde to take the wall)

#2 Cacophony

Cacophony

Supreme Imperial Overlord

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:29 PM

I painted a few Space Marines once. I've only ever played one game. Love the books though. Played quite a bit of Dawn of War in my day too.
"Bust 'em or dust 'em, noble mon."

Posted Image

#3 ManlyMoose

ManlyMoose

Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:19 AM

We had some people getting into it last semester.. but most of us got sidetracked by other expensive hobbies.. such as: airsoft, MTG, lightsabers, etc.
Is flame retardant, which I proved the night of October 30th at 11:39pm in the year 2009.
Learning to be a better tipper...

#4 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7320 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:25 AM

I much prefer Classic Battletech to Warhammer. The older Warhammer is basically a copy of Battletech so I can't say I dislike it.

They're both about too expensive to be played by college kids. Definately not a bad hobby if you can find other people that also play. I don't think WCU has many though. It definately doesn't help that only Central has enough space to set up a game table. Balsam might if the room is arranged well in the right way but you'd have to have an agreeable roommate.
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#5 Cacophony

Cacophony

Supreme Imperial Overlord

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:55 PM

It is too expensive. Not knowing how to play my interests are most on the painting, though if I ever had enough I'd want to try and learn.
"Bust 'em or dust 'em, noble mon."

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users