Photo

Medal of Honor 2010

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Medal of Honor 2010 (3 member(s) have cast votes)

Should We be allowed to play as the Taliban?

1. Yes (3 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Ritsuka

Ritsuka

Baron

• Server Admins
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:51 AM

Medal of Honor is having problems with peoples ideas of a game
They want to immerse people in all side of there up and coming multiplayer game
But the thought of kids playing as the Taliban killing American soldier has already had this game banned in the UK

We have all played games with different sides and views
But is it to early for games to start adding enemies like the Taliban?

:my stand point:
I've played Counter strike and MW2
I see no line of evil,
I'm just playing the game for fun.
I can understand that it is a sensitive word...oohh scary that opens open other feelings of the war
But can I really say no to a shooter game like medal of honor without actually playing it??

Edited by Ritsuka, 25 August 2010 - 01:04 AM.

Posted Image

#2 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7320 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:39 AM

It's not banned because it crossed a line, it's banned because it creates political inconveniencies.

Whenever the taliban, hezbollah, or al qaeda get brought up in this way it reminds people that terrorists are bad and should be killed IRL. This makes it hard for the US and UK governments to spin their previous administrations as being incompetent idiots because it demonstrates that the war they fought was truely against evil people.

I would expect Australia to ban this because they ban everything but the UK... it's very possible that the US might ban it next. This could be bad for the MoH series.

It's sad that you can shoot cops in GTA but if the game has you shoot soldiers as terrorists that's suddenly immoral.
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#3 Lemm

Lemm

CS:S Council Leader

• PC Council Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:05 AM

Yeah, I was just thinking how quickly I forgot my hesitation in playing a game that encouraged me to blow up buildings, take hostages, and kill soldiers (CS).

Plus the taliban are crazy... I'm surprised the MoH Creators didn't understand that they might retaliate at the people making a game about them.
Posted Image

I'm still here. Waiting... Posting...

#4 newrayz

newrayz

Tu Madre

• Server Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1970 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:45 AM

It's not banned because it crossed a line, it's banned because it creates political inconveniencies.

Whenever the taliban, hezbollah, or al qaeda get brought up in this way it reminds people that terrorists are bad and should be killed IRL. This makes it hard for the US and UK governments to spin their previous administrations as being incompetent idiots because it demonstrates that the war they fought was truely against evil people.

I would expect Australia to ban this because they ban everything but the UK... it's very possible that the US might ban it next. This could be bad for the MoH series.

It's sad that you can shoot cops in GTA but if the game has you shoot soldiers as terrorists that's suddenly immoral.

shooting cops in a make believe city is one thing, but they are emulating a real place where real british soldiers are getting killed. Your whole shpeel about making it hard to spin previous administrations as incompetent seems unlikely. If that were the case, why not ban all the books which reveal the "truth" or support previous administrations? Banning one little game for that reason doesn't make sense. Why not ban Modern Warfare? Then again, you may be right, i'm not to knowledgeable on how the british government works. All I know is they probably banned it because it's taking a very real setting and giving you an option to play a very real enemy.

That aside, i think it's retarded that they banned it regardless of their reasoning. It's a game people!

Edited by NuRayZ, 25 August 2010 - 09:26 AM.

CLEAN FOO

#5 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • 7320 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:31 AM

They won't ban books because their readers are few compared to those who play video games.

The primary hostile in Modern Warfare is Russian ultranationalists, an enemy we'll never realistically fight.

Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#6 Ritsuka

Ritsuka

Baron

• Server Admins
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:06 AM

They won't ban books because their readers are few compared to those who play video games.

The primary hostile in Modern Warfare is Russian ultranationalists, an enemy we'll never realistically fight.

* Spoiler alert! *
Actually in MW2 its not the Russian, The bad guys are dirty Americans who got greedy wanting to take down all the worlds evils
In the first few Chapters You see that the American solider was framed in the killings at the Russian Airport, which then leads the Russian to retaliate
- And yes i jumped during the Ambulance scene -.- HOw dare he Shoot Me!
Posted Image

#7 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • 7320 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:12 AM

Spoiler fail, I think everyone knows that.

You do shoot a ton of Russians though, moreso than Americans and arabs.

Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#8 almighty963

almighty963

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 01:46 AM

Hi,

Medal of Honor is a first-person shooter video game in the Medal of Honor series, developed by Danger Close, a team within the EA Los Angeles studio, and DICE, released on Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on October 12, 2010. The game is a reboot of the series, taking place during the ongoing War in Afghanistan......

Natural Spin Dance International is a fast growing dance product supplier based in Toronto, Canada, we provide all your needs in dancesports. Since our beginning, the principle elements of our company have been focused on our service and delivery of quality products with affordable prices. for more Details Latest Shoes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users