Posted Image

#2 Ephraim

Ephraim

Secret, but fun.

• Club Executives
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2644 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:29 PM

I'll beieve it when I see it, and by see it I mean watch somebody else play it, because I'm not going to buy it.
Posted Image
I met Flute Link!

#3 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7320 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:55 PM

Consoles... oh no... you know what that means...

Gearbox hasn't released a solid FPS game in a long time, hopefully they don't try to jump on the "take a good PC game, develop a sequel for consoles and do a half-ass port to PC" bandwagon like so many others have. The traditional duke nukem fans are so skeptical of DNF at this point that if it even hints of a console port it's going to fail hard. Gearbox and 2K don't have the capital to recover from a decisive failure.

In the meantime though, I've started playing Duke Nukem 3D again and at 1920x1080 it's a damn good looking game.
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#4 FTE Kaz-Ka

FTE Kaz-Ka

Duke

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 05:33 PM

Idk wtf you guys are talkn about, the game is already out and has been reviewed. Cant believe how great it is myself but I agree with this guy, BEST GAME EVER:

http://www.escapistm...e-Nukem-Forever
Posted Image

#5 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • 7320 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 05:41 PM

Oh wow totally forgot that guy reviewed it.

Zero Punctuation is so accurate on game reviews it's scary.
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#6 newrayz

newrayz

Tu Madre

• Server Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1970 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:10 PM

minus the ending, i thought borderlands was a solid 9/10

I'm very interested to see their take on Duke Nukem.

They are also accepting applications to test the game.
http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/focus/

I'd go but i just had to ruin my fun by getting a job.
CLEAN FOO

#7 Derrick LeBrocq

Derrick LeBrocq

Gaming Club Adviser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1277 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:36 AM

Consoles... oh no... you know what that means...

Gearbox hasn't released a solid FPS game in a long time, hopefully they don't try to jump on the "take a good PC game, develop a sequel for consoles and do a half-ass port to PC" bandwagon like so many others have. The traditional duke nukem fans are so skeptical of DNF at this point that if it even hints of a console port it's going to fail hard. Gearbox and 2K don't have the capital to recover from a decisive failure.

In the meantime though, I've started playing Duke Nukem 3D again and at 1920x1080 it's a damn good looking game.

It was developed on the PC first. Ported to consoles.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 Derrick LeBrocq

Derrick LeBrocq

Gaming Club Adviser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1277 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:43 AM

minus the ending, i thought borderlands was a solid 9/10

I'm very interested to see their take on Duke Nukem.

They are also accepting applications to test the game.
http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/focus/

I'd go but i just had to ruin my fun by getting a job.

Gearbox didn't make Duke Nukem Forever. It's been stated over and over that they merely put the finishing touches. It was in fact stated by gearbox themselves that THEY approached 3d Realms and said "hey, let us help you resurrect this badass!". I've been following Duke Nukem Forever.....just like I followed Black Mesa: Source (and btw, they announced a 2010 release...but than again they did the same for 09), just like I followed Alan Wake etc.

All we NEED is a multiplayer with dedicated servers :D

Edited by Derrick LeBrocq, 08 September 2010 - 08:44 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • 7320 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:15 PM

It was developed on the PC first. Ported to consoles.

Man I'd love to believe that if history hadn't proved it so unlikely ;)

Btw, Pirahna is the real winner in all of this. They're co-developers in this and and the new Mech game. They're sitting on a royalty gold mine.
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#10 almighty963

almighty963

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 01:49 AM

Hi,

Its great to know that Duke Nukem is soon coming up to PS3 and XBOX 360.............I love this games..........

Natural Spin Dance International is a fast growing dance product supplier based in Toronto, Canada, we provide all your needs in dancesports. Since our beginning, the principle elements of our company have been focused on our service and delivery of quality products with affordable prices. for more Details Latest Shoes

#11 Lemm

Lemm

CS:S Council Leader

• PC Council Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:35 AM

I think it's bs that people who buy borderlands game of the year edition get into the "Duke Nukem Forever first play club" or whatever it's called and people who already have it don't..
Posted Image

I'm still here. Waiting... Posting...

#12 Duendes

Duendes

Duke

• Server Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:39 AM

They're sitting on a royalty gold mine.

Are you sure they're not just pooping gold?
[snip]

There's more than one way to get to the Garden

#13 Ephraim

Ephraim

Secret, but fun.

• Club Executives
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2644 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:48 AM

http://thatguywithth...7775-duke-nukem
Posted Image
I met Flute Link!

#14 Phonetically Phamous (dice

Phonetically Phamous (dice

Legendary Noob

• Root Admin
  • 7747 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 05:55 PM

awesome

http://slickdeals.ne...d.php?t=2919423

#15 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • 7320 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:40 PM

Why would you want to play the game through a set top box that has a long history of pixelated graphics and down-scaled resolution? What's worse is that the multiplayer would only be with other OnLive players and if your internet or their system goes down you're SOL. Plus you never own the game, not even a digital copy, the game files never touch your network or computer. That's a little squirrely for my tastes.

Steam also has it for $45.

I have to re-iterate though, why would anyone want to pre-order a game that's already been delayed this long? A few poor people still have their gamestop pre-order receipts from 9-10 years ago, something tells me they won't be honoring them :angry:
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#16 Nickname

Nickname

Staying Positive

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4634 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:00 PM

Why would you want to play the game through a set top box that has a long history of pixelated graphics and down-scaled resolution? What's worse is that the multiplayer would only be with other OnLive players and if your internet or their system goes down you're SOL. Plus you never own the game, not even a digital copy, the game files never touch your network or computer. That's a little squirrely for my tastes.

Steam also has it for $45.

I have to re-iterate though, why would anyone want to pre-order a game that's already been delayed this long? A few poor people still have their gamestop pre-order receipts from 9-10 years ago, something tells me they won't be honoring them :angry:

if you don't own a console or a gaming computer and you never want to have to do a system upgrade, then its really not that bad of a deal. but you have to have a kickass internet connection that is for sure.

it's actually not that bad. I have onlive installed on my laptop. I havent actually bought anything but you can play 30 mins of any game in their catalog for free. It's amazing (to me) to see games like batman arkham asylum playing well on my lowly laptop. Lag is definitely an issue though; multiplayer would not be very good i dont think.
Posted Image

#17 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • 7320 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:21 PM

Don't get me wrong, I definately understand there's a market for something like that but with the direction the internet is expanding (more raw speed at a cost of higher latency) I just can't see anything like that having the success that it would have 6 years ago. I mean you just can't stream 1080p content over the internet right now. Uncompressed 720p is 158MB/sec and 1080p is 356MB/sec. Sure with good compression you can knock that down considerably but even with the best compression you'd need at least a 24Mbit/sec connection to maintain a steady 1920x1080, 24bit color, 60fps video feed. That doesn't include the audio stream, connection overhead, or others using your interpipes. It's possible, but expensive. Over a period of 2-3 years the added ISP cost might have bought you that console :(
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#18 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • 7320 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:51 AM

Well the Euro reviews are in and they aren't pretty. The normal hypetard, overly high-scoring reviewers like PC Gamer are rating it in the low 80s. Average user sentiment from what I've seen online will be in the 50s or lower.

10 hour single player. Outdated graphics. Nothing new in the gameplay mechanics department. Stale jokes. Underpowered guns. Rail gameplay. Common complaint is that it feels alot like a CoD clone. Amazon is having "difficulty" with their system and isn't cancelling preorders.

Hail to the king, of marketing gimmicks.
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users