9 replies to this topic

#1 Tallgeese

Tallgeese

Baron

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:10 AM

There has been a request to rework the gaming servers by Felix, the PC VP. He believes this would help with operating the servers greatly, and I trust in his decision. For any of you smart ppl out there who want to help, or have some insight into the matters, PLEASE message on here before it begins.

I know many will have opinions on this, and how it should be performed, so I open this thread up now to discuss what and how these changes will be made.

#2 Nickname

Nickname

Staying Positive

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4634 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:59 AM

My question is what needs to be reworked? I havent messed with the servers in a couple years but how I remember they were pretty straight forward to run...
Posted Image

#3 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7320 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:05 AM

@Nickname: They're set up now exactly the way they were back then, only with a Win2008 twist.

What does he want done? It's configured about as straightforward as pure gaming server can be.

I think most here are willing to help but so far your objective is a little on the vague side and we really don't understand what the goal is. Do they need to be easier to find, easier to install, easier to update, easier to configure?

Please don't say all of the above lol :wacko:
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#4 Tallgeese

Tallgeese

Baron

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:59 PM

From what I gather it was mainly update. I am not 100% sure everything he wants done though, and as such created this topic to put forth the notion. I will get him on here to further discuss what he wants done.

#5 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • 7320 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:26 PM

Domo should have access to all the remote update scripts I wrote. With those he doesn't even need to RDP into Atari to update a gameserver, it can all be done remotely in a web browser.
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#6 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • 7320 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:33 AM

Is this still going to happen? What does Domo want done?

Both his servers are still outdated and misconfigured.

Not to toot our horn or anything but it seems like the alumni-run TF2 server is the only one we have, for any game, that ever has people in it.
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#7 Phonetically Phamous (dice

Phonetically Phamous (dice

Legendary Noob

• Root Admin
  • 7747 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:51 PM

Is this still going to happen? What does Domo want done?

Both his servers are still outdated and misconfigured.

Not to toot our horn or anything but it seems like the alumni-run TF2 server is the only one we have, for any game, that ever has people in it.

tootoot mother fucker toot toot

#8 Fascist Flakes (Jagr)

Fascist Flakes (Jagr)

The Fascist

• Club Executives
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1170 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 02:42 AM

This is becoming a detriment to the club, should just get it fixed.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
-Fascist Flakes

#9 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • 7320 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:07 AM

Yes it has but the problem is that alumni and nonstudents have grown tired of being vilified, ridiculed, and slandered and it's to the point where virtually none of us are willing to lift a finger to help unless specifically asked to do so. If the servers suffer then so be it, someone should have cared enough to at least ask for help.

Now obviously someone's been talking to him about this because he just updated his servers less than an hour ago but that doesn't change the fact that neither of them is properly configured. Hell one is still a stock install without a config file and has the default server name of "Team Fortress".
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#10 Phonetically Phamous (dice

Phonetically Phamous (dice

Legendary Noob

• Root Admin
  • 7747 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:15 PM

FAIL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users