#41 Lemm

Lemm

CS:S Council Leader

• PC Council Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:37 PM

oh

yeah I definitely spent like 15 minutes trying to sync my droid x to my ps3 last night and then realized it probably only works with sony ericson phones...

AWESOME DEVICES SHOULD NOT HAVE LIMITS
Posted Image

I'm still here. Waiting... Posting...

#42 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7320 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:41 PM

Syncing phones to electronics isn't always useful. My phone can't do jack when bluetoothed to my media center PC and I have yet to figure out how to sync it to my car stereo. Supposedly it will mute my music when the phone rings but uh, yeah that doesn't happen lol

Then again my phone is running "Verizon POS OS version suck my balls" so that might have something to do with it.
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#43 Phonetically Phamous (dice

Phonetically Phamous (dice

Legendary Noob

• Root Admin
  • 7747 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:01 PM

anyone know how to turn the ps3 into a medic center? and will it play .mkv file types? or better yet what file types can it play? Apparently you can connect a USB hard drive to it, but i guess mine just does not work...

#44 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • 7320 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:20 PM

PS3 doesn't support MKV and even if it did, there's so many different video and audio formats that are used in MKV that it's unlikely it'd be able to play them all. MKV is just a container, to play whats inside you still need the correct codec. It's unlikely that the PS3 will be compatible with it until DivX 7 is released, which will use the MKV container and at least partially standardize the video format inside.

Your USB drive didn't work because the PS3 doesn't support NTFS. Which is retarded. Even the Wii media players can read NTFS partitions...

If you want to play video files, build a home theater PC. They typically run around $300 and use 1/3 the power of a PS3 when watching HD video. Mine uses around 45-50 watts when watching 1080p movies or playing MW2 on high, compared to the PS3 and XBOX which use 185 and 145 respectively during HD video playback.
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#45 Phonetically Phamous (dice

Legendary Noob

• Root Admin
  • 7747 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:26 PM

Your USB drive didn't work because the PS3 doesn't support NTFS. Which is retarded.

What would I need to do to my drive to make it work? I have a few sitting around I dont mind wiping one if thats all it takes

#46 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • 7320 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:37 PM

What would I need to do to my drive to make it work? I have a few sitting around I dont mind wiping one if thats all it takes

The only way to make it work is to convert it to FAT32 which isn't compatible with video files larger than 4GB. Almost all HD movies are 8+ GB, with bluray rips often reaching 15-20GB.

You basically can't play HD movies from a USB drive, period.
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#47 Phonetically Phamous (dice

Legendary Noob

• Root Admin
  • 7747 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:56 PM

wow talk about lame

#48 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • 7320 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:40 AM

@ Lemm: Maybe you can have the best of both worlds...

http://www.gogamer.c...0&extid=Dec0910
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#49 Lemm

Lemm

• PC Council Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:48 AM

I'll be looking into the playback of HD files from a hard drive.. I think the PS3 can play VOB files directly on a hard disk, or at least it said it required DivX registration before it would.. I know these are the files from a DVD but I don't know how blu ray and other media package their files.

I will for the moment assume that Kip is right (usually a good practice)

I need to save monies now cuz I'm moving to Charlotte...
Posted Image

#50 Nickname

Nickname

Staying Positive

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4634 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:59 AM

@ Lemm: Maybe you can have the best of both worlds...

http://www.gogamer.c...0&extid=Dec0910

yeah i saw that this morning... killer deal for a 360 IMO, though it is a refurb
Posted Image

#51 Lemm

Lemm

• PC Council Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:02 AM

I know JSROCKET said that he just memorized the ps3 controller but does anyone here have a ps3 and use the Blue Ray Remote Control that you have to buy?

Honestly, I've pretty much gotten used to the PS3 controller too.. but it'd be nice to have a wand.

Also, anyone have any good game recommendations? I ordered Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare 2, and Black Ops from Amazon for 80 bucks shipped.. caught a holiday deal.. but other than that all I will have is PS MOVE. And my other games don't come until the end of next week. Also I have no money.. so cheap game recommendations would be nice.
Posted Image

#52 adam37

adam37

CS 1.6 Council Leader

• PC Council Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1683 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:19 AM

speaking of PS3, i'm trying to find a used/broken one....anyone got or know of one?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users