5 replies to this topic

#1 Lemm

Lemm

CS:S Council Leader

• PC Council Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:35 AM

I've never played Killzone before, but I'm really excited for this to come out. If you didn't know the beta is open right now and will close around the 14th. If you pre-order your copy in PS Home at the Amazon Kiosk in the Killzone section you get 3 unlock points when the game comes out and a jetpack for PS Home. You can also complete the mini-game achievements in PS Home to get 3 more unlock points and other clothing for your PS Home character.

I've already pre-ordered mine. I've got it set to deliver the day it comes out: Feb 22. I've also completed the mini-game achievements in PS Home. They're not very difficult.. only thing is the PS Home movement is really bad so that can be annoying. It seriously gave me a headache and made me sick.

Here are some awesome things about Killzone 3:
  • This game is supposed to use 100% of the PS3's graphics and processing ability, although the output is only in 720p due to the amount of data in the game. It actually uses about 45 / 50 GB available on the Blu-Ray disc.
  • Another awesome thing about this game is that the ENTIRE GAME is 100% MOVE COMPATIBLE. Which means you can play through the multiplayer with you move controller an optional gun attachment (which Sony is releasing on the same day of Feb 22). Here's a link to the amazon page: http://www.amazon.co...96829933&sr=8-4
  • The whole game is in 3D as well.. if you are rich.

Here's a link to the KZ3 website where they have a lot of trailer's to watch as well: http://www.killzone....en_US/home.html
Posted Image

I'm still here. Waiting... Posting...

#2 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7320 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:11 PM

Gun attachment? I guess they didn't play any of the gun games on the wii...
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#3 Lemm

Lemm

• PC Council Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:22 PM

Uh, it's called the PlayStation Move Sharp Shooter... I just don't know how to type sometimes. It actually looks pretty cool if you check the link. I'm seriously considering buying it.

EDIT:

Plus the wiimote is soooo much different than the move controller. I don't know how that will affect shooters though.

Edited by Lemm, 04 February 2011 - 02:25 PM.

Posted Image

#4 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • 7320 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:16 PM

The problem with wii shooters was never the accuracy on the screen. You cannot have a fast-paced, high intensity shooter using that type of controller. Regardless of how much better the move is, it will still have to contend with the same problems that made the wii shooters slow, dull, and frustratingly painful to play. If they haven't even acknowledged that these problems existed then you can't expect that they've fixed them.

I think it's funny that not a single review mentions that it's in 720p. They all praise it for what you've come to expect from the PS3, but if reviewers can't tell the difference between 1080p and 720p then it's time to find a new set that haven't lost their objectivity. Yeah I know the PS3 upconverts really well but if reviewers, whose job it is to compare video games, can't tell the difference between the two resolutions then who's to say that Sony won't start pushing 720p as a standard rather than the exception. If reviewers can't tell the difference you know damn well consumers can't either.

It's interesting to see that virtually every review states that the single player is bad. Some cover it up as "offset by the excellent multiplayer" but one review goes so far as to classify KZ3 as yet another CoD clone. Apparently the developers spent most of their time making the multiplayer and cinematics and skimped out on the SP goodness that set KZ apart from the other mindless clones. If this turns out to be the case then the gaming world will have lost yet another good series to the fast development, cheap profit cloning machine.

I hope the 3D is good, because that's where a large chunk of that 45GB went.
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#5 Lemm

Lemm

• PC Council Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:29 PM

Kip- HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE
Lemm- STOP KILLING MY HOPES, I ALREADY PRE-ORDERED

From what I've read, the movement in the game is a bit sluggish (you move slow), but that it works out with the way the game was designed. This would probably help with the move.

I read one review that said that the developer's approach to fix everything in KZ2 didn't work out very well because it took out things that were good in that game.. but I dunno..

I don't think the 720p will be that big of a deal. It does have 3x as many polygons as KZ2 and it utilizes 100% of the PS3's cell processor.. I doubt the graphics could look that bad. Everything I've read has said the graphics are amazingly stunning...

I'M STILL EXCITED - mebbe there won't be as many pre-pubescents playing as on CoD (crosses fingers)
Posted Image

#6 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • 7320 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:52 PM

I don't hate it, I'm just disappointed that it SEEMS like yet another series with balls has been exploited for a quick buck the way so many others have. I hope it's great but I've been so disappointed with FPS games the last few years that it would take a miracle for me to pre-order anything at this point.

I'M STILL EXCITED - mebbe there won't be as many pre-pubescents playing as on CoD (crosses fingers)

<Insert comment designed to squash your hopes and dreams of this coming to pass>
:D

That's the ONLY reason I didn't buy an XBOX360 on release day. XBL is 99.999% <15 year olds and unlike the PC you can't ban them :angry:
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users