4 replies to this topic

#1 Geronimo

Geronimo

Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:52 PM

Homefront is releasing tonight. We'll be on the DDD ARMAGEDDON server and I'll be on your TS server. Hope to meet some of you.B)

Edited by Geronimo, 14 March 2011 - 06:54 PM.

#2 Geronimo

Geronimo

Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:49 AM

I'm playing the game and all I can say is that EA/Dice need to learn how to put a game out from these guys. The game plays flawless out of the box. It has better graphics than BC2 and Black Ops. It has a little of both BC2 and Black Ops but it's also different. The maps are large and it mostly urban and suburban warfare. I like that there isn't a bunch of armor around. You have to unlock and buy your armor. The game mode we're playing (Ground Control) is a bit of Domination and Conquest (without the flags), Rush (without having to hold down the Use key) and WAR. The objectives move once they have been captured and uses the entire map well.
No Hit Box Problem. I repeat, NO HIT BOX PROBLEMS. What you shoot at, you kill. These little guys are equipped for battle. I also like the way you hit your sprint key once and sprint without having to hold it down.
I really like the game and it's a refreshing change from the laggy BC2 servers with the hit box problems and all the other things that EA/Dice haven't been able to fix after 30 patches. CPU usage never went past 60% with all the other programs I have running. BC2 and Black Ops pegged out my dual core at 100%.
This server will surely compliment your game variety.

I'll be on your Vent server all day if anyone wants to join up

#3 Phonetically Phamous (dice

Phonetically Phamous (dice

Legendary Noob

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7747 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:11 PM

Homefront Game (Xbox 360 or PS3) + $15 Video Game Credit $42 + Free Shipping

http://slickdeals.ne...deo-game-credit

#4 Geronimo

Geronimo

Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:27 PM

Homefront Game (Xbox 360 or PS3) + $15 Video Game Credit $42 + Free Shipping

http://slickdeals.ne...deo-game-credit

UPDATE: The $15 Video Game Credit is no longer available, but the game is still on sale

#5 Ephraim

Ephraim

Secret, but fun.

• Club Executives
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2644 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:12 PM

I'm thinking about picking up Homefront. The gameplay looks pretty cool and I like the storyline seems interesting. However, I've heard the game has received mixed reviews, so I'm not sure.

One thing I find interesting is how the main villain was switched from China to North Korea. See, the game was originally supposed to be about the Chinese invading America, but the developers were afraid of offending China. What makes this interesting is that Homefront was written by John Milius, who wrote the origina Red Dawn. Recently, it was announced that Red Dawn was going to be rmade with China as the main enemy, but it was changed to North Korea during post-production, because the filmakers were afraid of losing money in the Chinese market. Basically, a movie and a video game with the same story were being developed at the same time, then altered in the same way for the same reason, and John Milius has a connection to both. Interesting.
Posted Image
I met Flute Link!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users