WCU Online Gaming Club
Sign in to follow this  
Thor

Halo MLG Tournament

If MLG locals decide come they are going to want to take home a decent amount in order to cover their travel arrangements and possibly make some profit. Considering the final pot will have to be split up among the team, people are not going to want to come if they will lose money in getting here. 20 bucks a team is only 5 dollars a person, which the same as the entry fee to the LAN, plus we are donating half of our proceeds to Relay for Life. Depending on how many teams show it could get a decent amount of money to entice MLG locals from NC to come and compete.

I could be reading his OP wrong and it be $10 per person but I assume he was saying $10 a team.

Thor could you clear up my confusion.

Ah, forgot this was cash prize. Nevermind :)

Btw, we used to pull in NC pros for CSS and UT2004. At one time we were sponsored by a professional CSS team based in NC. The players ARE out there you just have to get the word out as best you can.

No i meant 10 buck a head, escentially even if only 4 teams showed up they would be making their money back, but if you think the price is to steep we can drop it if it will attract more ppl. The main reason i had that price is it worked at the last event like this with great success.

No i meant 10 buck a head, escentially even if only 4 teams showed up they would be making their money back, but if you think the price is to steep we can drop it if it will attract more ppl. The main reason i had that price is it worked at the last event like this with great success.

$10 a head is even better :) I will make a post on MLG's forums.

$10 a head is even better :) I will make a post on MLG's forums.

tell me where you post it so i comment on it

Ok got some bad news. The 16th im going to be in asheville spectating a karate tournament for one of my classes. This means that i wont be here. The options i have as far as the tournament goes is move it to the 17, the 30th, or cancel it. I dont have an estimate for how many were even showing up but i really dont wanna cancel it. What are your guy's opinions?

Really hate to do it but go ahead and cancel it. Ill work on something for really early fall so we have a lan the 2nd weekend we are back.