Phonetically Phamous (dice

Legendary Noob

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7747 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 12:03 PM

any takers?
http://slickdeals.ne...mart-egift-card

I'm thinking there will be a better deal, not sure if im going to jump on this or not

#2 Phonetically Phamous (dice

Legendary Noob

• Root Admin
  • 7747 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:29 PM

same money spend but you can get a amazon credit instead.
Portal 2 pre-order (Xbox 360 or PS3) + $20 Amazon Promotional Credit $55 + Free Shipping

http://slickdeals.ne...motional-credit

to buy or not to buy

#3 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • 7320 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:18 PM

They're just trying to make the sales price competitive with the pre-order PC price.

Just pre-order a 2 pack from steam with someone and get it over with.
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#4 Lemm

Lemm

CS:S Council Leader

• PC Council Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:44 AM

same money spend but you can get a amazon credit instead.
Portal 2 pre-order (Xbox 360 or PS3) + $20 Amazon Promotional Credit $55 + Free Shipping

http://slickdeals.ne...motional-credit

to buy or not to buy

I like this one.. probably would/will get my money
Posted Image

I'm still here. Waiting... Posting...

#5 Lemm

Lemm

• PC Council Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:44 AM

BTW that deal is live on amazon's site..

$55 for PS3 version and then you get a $20 amazon credit...

AND Purchasers of the PS3 version get a PC copy FO' FREE. All they have to do is link their PSN and Steam accounts.

I'm most definitely doing this.

UPDATE: Ordered PS3 version.. and I already had a $20 credit for buying killzone 3 so I got it for $35 WITH RELEASE DATE DELIVERY for $0.99 and I'll get the $20 credit and the PC version fo' free... w00t w00t.

Oh and here is a link to the Free PC version info if you buy the PS3 version. It's through valve.. not amazon.
http://www.gamespot....adlines;title;2

Edited by Lemm, 23 March 2011 - 07:17 AM.

Posted Image

#6 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • 7320 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:00 PM

AND Purchasers of the PS3 version get a PC copy FO' FREE. All they have to do is link their PSN and Steam accounts.

I don't really understand the motive behind this or why it would make someone buy the PS3 version over the PC version. If you ever sell your PS3 or PS3 copy of Portal2 you'll also lose the PC version and you can't buy the PS3 version and sell the PC version.
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#7 Lemm

Lemm

• PC Council Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:17 PM

I don't really understand the motive behind this or why it would make someone buy the PS3 version over the PC version. If you ever sell your PS3 or PS3 copy of Portal2 you'll also lose the PC version and you can't buy the PS3 version and sell the PC version.

The PC version would be linked to your PSN account.. it is unclear yet how they will be distributing the PC version; however selling the DISC has no bearings on your PSN or Steam account, so you could sell the PS3 copy and retain your PC version no matter what they do.
Posted Image

#8 Lemm

Lemm

• PC Council Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:21 PM

It's also a cross-platform cloud-based data storage game... Meaning PS3 players can play with PC & Mac players!! and I can play on my ps3 and then.. pick up where I left off on my laptop if I'm on vacation / away.

HOW ABOUT THAT KIP.
Posted Image

#9 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • 7320 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 01:39 PM

The PC version would be linked to your PSN account.. it is unclear yet how they will be distributing the PC version; however selling the DISC has no bearings on your PSN or Steam account, so you could sell the PS3 copy and retain your PC version no matter what they do.

It'll probably come with a key that you plug in to your steam account meaning that when you sell your disc you'll also be required to give them your key with the disc. Whoever buys your copy used will then submit a complaint with steam with a picture of the key and their receipt and your copy of portal 2 will be de-activated. Happens all the time with people stealing keys from games at walmart.

Steam/Valve are totally pro at this business stuff. You won't be able to screw them. No matter how smart you are or think you are, they're smarter. Every time <_<

It's also a cross-platform cloud-based data storage game... Meaning PS3 players can play with PC & Mac players!! and I can play on my ps3 and then.. pick up where I left off on my laptop if I'm on vacation / away.

"PS3 users will also be able to save their games to a cloud-based storage system."
This does not say PC users will be able to do the same. I highly doubt we will. Even so, unless they specifically say that savegame files will be inter-operable, and they haven't, I wouldn't leap to the conclusion that they are.

I still have doubts about them getting PS3 users to connect to the steam network rather than PSN. After all the legal crap Sony's been doing lately to lock down the PS3, somehow I just can't believe they'd be willing to let their players connect to a multiplayer network they have no control over.
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#10 Lemm

Lemm

• PC Council Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 04:41 PM

It'll probably come with a key that you plug in to your steam account meaning that when you sell your disc you'll also be required to give them your key with the disc. Whoever buys your copy used will then submit a complaint with steam with a picture of the key and their receipt and your copy of portal 2 will be de-activated. Happens all the time with people stealing keys from games at walmart.

Steam/Valve are totally pro at this business stuff. You won't be able to screw them. No matter how smart you are or think you are, they're smarter. Every time <_<

I'm not trying to screw them.. I plan on keeping both copies and playing both.

"PS3 users will also be able to save their games to a cloud-based storage system."
This does not say PC users will be able to do the same. I highly doubt we will. Even so, unless they specifically say that savegame files will be inter-operable, and they haven't, I wouldn't leap to the conclusion that they are.

I still have doubts about them getting PS3 users to connect to the steam network rather than PSN. After all the legal crap Sony's been doing lately to lock down the PS3, somehow I just can't believe they'd be willing to let their players connect to a multiplayer network they have no control over.

I don't understand why it's hard to believe.. L4D2 already stores this stuff in a cloud. The PS3 is supposed to have access to most all of the steam features.. Why would the PC version not have access to this.. it just doesn't make sense.

I think on these two items we will just have to wait and see.. BUT I SILL GOT 2 GAMES FOR 35 BONES SO I WIN..
even though kip made me feel like I lost
Posted Image

#11 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • 7320 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:40 PM

I'm not trying to screw them.. I plan on keeping both copies and playing both.

You are, yes. I know you wouldn't do that. At least one other has posted here that he planned on not keeping both and I imagine there are more like him than there are like you :(

I don't understand why it's hard to believe.. L4D2 already stores this stuff in a cloud. The PS3 is supposed to have access to most all of the steam features.. Why would the PC version not have access to this.. it just doesn't make sense.

L4D2 stores stats in a cloud. That's easy. You're simply updating a database somewhere. Creating a repository for 10-20 million peoples' save game files at 500kB-1MB per save is not. Not only that but it would mean that the PS3 savegame files have to be identical to the PC version, and vice versa. I know XBOX stores in different formats, even for poorly ported games. It's just a leap is all I'm saying.

What I don't understand is why the XBOX wasn't given similar treatment. MS has already made it compatible with PCs before, so it should be possible. Only thing I can think of is maybe Sony threw some money Gabe's way to make him go the extra distance. As we all know, Gabe responds positively to cash injected directly into the bank account.

even though kip made me feel like I lost

#WINNING

You're right. We'll just have to wait and see. So far there's been so little info released that it's hard to guage whether any of this will actually be working on release day, and most of it may not. That's been the M.O. lately, release a game barebone and push out the promised features later through automatic updates.
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#12 Phonetically Phamous (dice

Legendary Noob

• Root Admin
  • 7747 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 05:30 PM

i dont have a pc that can play it, so i'll sell someone my steam copy for 5 dolla

#13 Nickname

Nickname

Staying Positive

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4634 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:19 PM

wut? ill take it for $5
lol
Posted Image

#14 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • 7320 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:58 PM

wut? ill take it for $5
lol

There will be so many strings attached it won't be worth the hassle.
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#15 Nickname

Nickname

Staying Positive

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4634 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:10 PM

wut? ill take it for $5
lol

$5 is cheaper than $40
Posted Image

#16 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • 7320 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:21 PM

wut? ill take it for $5
lol

$5 is cheaper than $40

Hey man it's your money.

Don't say I didn't warn you though. I'm going to inb4 this harder than I did your last rosewill purchase.
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users