4 replies to this topic

#1 Lemm

Lemm

CS:S Council Leader

• PC Council Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:41 AM

I've been playing GT5 for a while now (it being my first of the GT series.. I know late to the party) and it's really awesome. So much better quality than any other NFS game I've ever played. Of course there is no story to it.. but there is enough to do for probably hundreds of hours of playing.

Over 1000 cars.. with I think about 1-200 premium cars which actually have the insides modeled as well (dash, inner view, etc).

A-Spec mode where you race the races..

B-Spec mode is kinda a joke if you level up your racer enough.. but it was meant to coach your own set of racers to win.. you have opions like pace down, maintain pace, pace up, pit.. etc

B-Spec Remote racing is kinda cool... you can host a server on your PS3 to host races and race your friends B-Spec drivers.. I currently use this to grind money to buy new cars.

I'm a good way through A-Spec but I still have a lot to do.. there are a number of races > 100 laps in the final groups of races which I am not looking forward to completing.. I did finish the Indy 500 which was of course 500 miles and 200 laps.. took over 2 hours, but it was going around in a relative circle so I devised a way to hold down the accelerator and steer with my left hand and drink beer with my right...

I was sufficiently buzzed/drunk afterwards.. Kinda a sad Thursday afternoon.. but I had nothing better to do.
Posted Image

I'm still here. Waiting... Posting...

#2 Thor

Thor

President

• Club Executives
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 01:36 PM

Damn cant believe you raced the whole Indy 500, and most people pick on me for watching Nascar :P I do applaud your ingenuity though.
"Total slaughter. Total slaughter. I won't leave a single man alive. La di da de die, Genocide. La di da de dud, An ocean of blood. Let's begin the killing time."

#3 rainefardreamer

rainefardreamer

Rainey Raine Raine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1523 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:14 PM

i really enjoyed GT4

however since I don't own a ps3, i unfortunately cannot race the lemmelton

unless he wants to met me on 485 and I'll race him there

:D

i think next generation of consoles, we all unite behind one machine
{- Umbrella Raine protected MajorMajorMajor
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7320 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:45 PM

unless he wants to met me on 485 and I'll race him there

I'm game if Lemm is. We could also get about a dozen other alum and make a game out of it. Last one not pulled over wins. Dice will most likely get pulled over first so he may not even show up :D
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#5 Lemm

Lemm

CS:S Council Leader

• PC Council Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:41 PM

i think next generation of consoles, we all unite behind one machine

+LIKE
Posted Image