27 replies to this topic

#1 Bloodedge

Bloodedge

Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 01:47 AM

Well we officially have Quantum Games as another sponsor for the club! Props goes out to Felix Takes Ecstasy for acquiring this new sponsor!

#2 AMerrill

AMerrill

Gaming Club Founder

• Gaming Club Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 03:19 AM

Thank you Quantum Games for being a sponsor! You can visit their website at www.quantumgaming.blogspot.com/

Can we get a banner to put on the site.

btw, since members cannot create news threads I went ahead and created it.

#3 Lemm

Lemm

CS:S Council Leader

• PC Council Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 05:04 AM

Nice job guys. Thanks Quantum Games!
Posted Image

I'm still here. Waiting... Posting...

#4 Catamount

Catamount

Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:06 AM

Thank you quantum games! Your sponsorship is greatly appreciated!!

#5 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7320 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 12:24 PM

Any idea what they're donating?
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#6 Bloodedge

Bloodedge

Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 05:23 PM

They are giving us discounts on MTG boxs (like fat packs) and they will be giving us free swag here and there. Concerning the banner, they will be sending me one soon.

#7 AMerrill

AMerrill

Gaming Club Founder

• Gaming Club Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:29 AM

Did I post the wrong website?

#8 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • 7320 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:43 AM

Did I post the wrong website?

That's why I asked their website, the one you posted was Canadian :unsure:
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#9 AMerrill

AMerrill

Gaming Club Founder

• Gaming Club Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:16 AM

lol, fixed.

#10 Phonetically Phamous (dice

Phonetically Phamous (dice

Legendary Noob

• Root Admin
  • 7747 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:01 AM

lulz :D

#11 Lemm

Lemm

CS:S Council Leader

• PC Council Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:30 AM

Double :D
Posted Image

I'm still here. Waiting... Posting...

#12 a waffle

a waffle

Baron

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:33 AM

#Winning

Posted Image

LcewarriorPosted Image712

@MLG_Waffle

#13 Catamount

Catamount

Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:56 PM

ok im just gonna say it u said they're providing discounts r they sending discount cards to be handing out or are items being bought at a discount that they have provided. and if the latter instead of the former then who is providing the money to purchase hte discounted items? bc surely you dont plan on using club money to purchase discounted swag? and free swag here or there r they sending it for the LAN?

im sorry but it just seems really confusing and a bit un detailed and i'd like some more details so i can understand wat is going on

#14 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • 7320 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:33 PM

ok im just gonna say it u said they're providing discounts r they sending discount cards to be handing out or are items being bought at a discount that they have provided. and if the latter instead of the former then who is providing the money to purchase hte discounted items?

They're selling us card boxes at a discount, likely 25% or so. I seriously doubt they would give us a discount below the at-cost price of the item though.

I didn't want to be the first to say it, because every time I do it pisses people off, but we really need to get out of the habit of buying prizes with club money.

It's nice to know the next generation of our leaders holds a similar mentality.

And no, I don't think we're buying SWAG. If we are someone needs to be tossed in a fire for epicly stupid decision making.
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#15 a waffle

a waffle

Baron

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:43 PM

We really need to get out of the habit of buying prizes with club money.

This, I agree 110%.

Posted Image

@MLG_Waffle

#16 Bloodedge

Bloodedge

Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:33 PM

ok im just gonna say it u said they're providing discounts r they sending discount cards to be handing out or are items being bought at a discount that they have provided. and if the latter instead of the former then who is providing the money to purchase hte discounted items?

They're selling us card boxes at a discount, likely 25% or so. I seriously doubt they would give us a discount below the at-cost price of the item though.

I didn't want to be the first to say it, because every time I do it pisses people off, but we really need to get out of the habit of buying prizes with club money.

And no, I don't think we're buying SWAG. If we are someone needs to be tossed in a fire for epicly stupid decision making.

Yea, Mitch pretty much has the idea. We will be getting discounts on the cards for our TCG side of the club so we can hold more events like MTG drafts like FTE (Felix Takes Ecstacy) did and we will be getting free swag as well. Since we actually have sponsors now, we will only be using money to buy prizes for tournaments that we can't get a prize for (which seems unlikely now that we have so many sponsors but even if that is the case, we still have prizes from previous LANs left over) for booking rooms, etc. you guys get the idea. By the way everyone, send me a PM with the email address of your sponsor so after the LAN, I can send the pictures out to them.

Edited by Bloodedge, 25 March 2011 - 03:34 PM.

#17 Catamount

Catamount

Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:14 PM

Yea, Mitch pretty much has the idea. We will be getting discounts on the cards for our TCG side of the club so we can hold more events like MTG drafts like FTE (Felix Takes Ecstacy) did and we will be getting free swag as well. Since we actually have sponsors now, we will only be using money to buy prizes for tournaments that we can't get a prize for (which seems unlikely now that we have so many sponsors but even if that is the case, we still have prizes from previous LANs left over) for booking rooms, etc. you guys get the idea. By the way everyone, send me a PM with the email address of your sponsor so after the LAN, I can send the pictures out to them.

ok so we are getting a discount on the cards but who is paying for the cards is my main question?

#18 Bloodedge

Bloodedge

Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:27 PM

the club is because it will be a club event.

Edited by Bloodedge, 25 March 2011 - 07:53 PM.

#19 Bloodedge

Bloodedge

Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:04 PM

By the way, let me reiterate since my post saying this has dissappeard (or maybe im looking in the wrong thread), Quantum Games is within driving distance of WCU (Franklin) so swing by and show them some love when it comes to your magic card needs!

#20 a waffle

a waffle

Baron

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:39 PM

How much are the packs normally? How are the attendance to these tournaments at the LAN?

Posted Image

@MLG_Waffle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users