#1 Lemm

Lemm

CS:S Council Leader

• PC Council Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:43 AM

http://www.dailymail...-headaches.html

I already get sick playing some 2D games.. I guess I won't be able to play 3DS after all.. :unsure:
Posted Image

I'm still here. Waiting... Posting...

#2 melatonin

melatonin

(Evil) Secretary

• Club Executives
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:32 AM

You can turn the 3D off, just saying. Hell, a one-eyed friend of mine has a 3DS, and even though he can't use the 3D, he loves it.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Wii Council Leader
HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT

Secretary

Tunnel Snakes Rule!

#3 Ephraim

Ephraim

Secret, but fun.

• Club Executives
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2644 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:24 AM

I tried playing Pilotwing with one eye closed. Disappointing experience.
Posted Image
I met Flute Link!

#4 Lemm

Lemm

• PC Council Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:26 PM

I'm just saying I got sick playing goldeneye, metroid prime, and the conduit for wii.. so I stopped playing it.. headache / nausea. I think those got me because the controls were awkward and not making the movments my mind expected them to make.. kinda like motion sickness.. I get that too.

And I obviously wouldn't get a 3ds if the main feature (3D) made me sick. I wouldn't bother turning it off, I'd just return it.

---

I'm not trying to say it's not a cool device.. I still want one.. just don't know if I could play with it.

Edited by Lemm, 31 March 2011 - 02:29 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Oh Malley

Oh Malley

Boss Battle Podcast Co-Host

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:34 PM

I just played around with the demo unit briefly and the thing made my eyes hurt within 2 minutes. I even tried scaling the 3D down and up to see if it had any effect. It's ok. But then again, like other Nintendo products, I just see it as gimmicky. But then again, I feel that way about 3D movies/television as well.

#6 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7320 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:44 AM

Most people who play it often turn the 3D completely off. It's still a good handheld but autostereoscopic isn't, and never will be, feasible.
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#7 Ephraim

Ephraim

Secret, but fun.

• Club Executives
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2644 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:24 PM

I don't know how to feel about 3D. As a kid, I would occasionally see a 3D movie or something, and I was blown away by the way the characters would get up to my face and stuff. I even liked the 3D effects in the Virtual Boy. But now, whenever I see something in 3D, like the 3DS or demonstrations of 3D TVs in electronics stores, it just doesn't impress me as much. While there is definatlry more of a sense of distance than in standard screens, it just isn't the same. I don't know if 3D just seemed more impressive as a kid, or if there is some technical explaination for why contemporary 3D isn't as impressive as the 3D I remember as a kid.

Anyways, it seems like the 3DS will come out with one really good game every couple of months, which sounds... exactly like every other Nintendo console for the last decade or so.
Posted Image
I met Flute Link!

#8 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • 7320 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:55 PM

You just aren't as easily impressed as you were when you were... 5...

3D is just a sales gimmick. It's a phase that repeats every 15-20 years. If history holds true it'll remain moderately popular for the next year or so and then die back off again.
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#9 Lemm

Lemm

• PC Council Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:55 AM

I don't know how to feel about 3D. As a kid, I would occasionally see a 3D movie or something, and I was blown away by the way the characters would get up to my face and stuff. I even liked the 3D effects in the Virtual Boy. But now, whenever I see something in 3D, like the 3DS or demonstrations of 3D TVs in electronics stores, it just doesn't impress me as much. While there is definatlry more of a sense of distance than in standard screens, it just isn't the same. I don't know if 3D just seemed more impressive as a kid, or if there is some technical explaination for why contemporary 3D isn't as impressive as the 3D I remember as a kid.

Anyways, it seems like the 3DS will come out with one really good game every couple of months, which sounds... exactly like every other Nintendo console for the last decade or so.

You know I feel the exact same way... I think the current 3d technology / movies / content has scaled down the in your face scenes for some reason.

It kinda takes away from the effect.
Posted Image

#10 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • 7320 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:11 AM

You don't always want to see something "in your face." After an hour the effect gets old and the "this is cool" shock wears off. Being bored in a movie threater is, well, boring.
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users