Posted Image

#23 Lemm

Lemm

CS:S Council Leader

• PC Council Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:39 AM

Well, that is when they say it will be fully operational again.. which is not shocking at all considering they had to redesign almost the whole thing from the ground up.

I'm counting on them having multiplayer available at least a week before that.. I really believe that will happen.
Posted Image

I'm still here. Waiting... Posting...

#24 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7320 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:56 PM

Well, that is when they say it will be fully operational again.. which is not shocking at all considering they had to redesign almost the whole thing from the ground up.

I'm counting on them having multiplayer available at least a week before that.. I really believe that will happen.

Did you drink some of josrocket's coolaid?

They lost all the SOE accounts as well. I think windows firewall could have done a better job than what they had.
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#25 Lemm

Lemm

• PC Council Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:21 PM

Did you drink some of josrocket's coolaid?

They lost all the SOE accounts as well. I think windows firewall could have done a better job than what they had.

All I was saying is that I will get to play multiplayer ps3 games before the end of May. I don't see how that should be incredibly wrong or how I've somehow become a fanboy.
Posted Image

#26 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • 7320 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:41 PM

You're giving them the benefit of the doubt. So far, Sony has done nothing to earn or deserve it. Keep in mind they're up to 102 million customer account records lost and an untold number of monthly subscriptions that are being disrupted.

I can only assume I've since cycled my passwords because my SOE account is so old I can't remember the set of passwords I used back them. I certainly can't log in to find out...
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#27 Lemm

Lemm

• PC Council Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:30 PM

I don't know why I defended them .. you're probably right. Just makes me sick ...

I'll have to figure out something else to do with my time.. I have been wanting to get into android development
Posted Image

#28 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • 7320 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:52 PM

That's a nice side hobby. I would recommend ipod development but last I checked you had to have some sort of premium account to put even free apps on the app store.
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#29 Lemm

Lemm

• PC Council Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:04 PM

yeah screw that .. I don't have a mac (which is a big part of it).. and I hate them a lot more than sony

You also have to do something similar on the android app store however android apps can be installed without the market. In fact, I could just as easily put it on amazon.. not sure how they work out their monies atm. I will have to do more research
Posted Image

#30 Nickname

Nickname

Staying Positive

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4634 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:18 PM

Posted Image

#31 Lemm

Lemm

• PC Council Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:31 PM

someone obviously has too much disposable income....
Posted Image

#32 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • 7320 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:39 PM

That's a rather expensive way to shoot $50 worth of ammo.

Some of those comments are epic. It doesn't matter how redneck you are, if you can afford a gold-plated .50 desert eagle you can definately afford to go out back and target shoot at a broken PS3. The commentors are just jealous that he's got $3500 worth of guns in the truck and doesn't hesitate at shooting a $500 console.

It's always funny trying to watch someone "bump fire" a rifle. It's hard as hell because you're only holding it with 1 hand.
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#33 Phonetically Phamous (dice

Phonetically Phamous (dice

Legendary Noob

• Root Admin
  • 7747 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:52 PM

how is a broken ps3 worth $500?

/bait

/offtopic

/come earn your 7000th post

#34 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • 7320 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:44 PM

A few of the youtube trolls mentioned that his yellow ring of death was fixable. By fixable they probably mean send it to Sony and get it reformatted but hey let's not split hairs here.
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#35 Lemm

Lemm

• PC Council Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:06 AM

PSN has been back up for a couple days btw
Posted Image

#36 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • 7320 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:35 AM

Not all of it...
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#37 Lemm

Lemm

• PC Council Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:29 PM

It essentially is up.. the only thing that isn't up is the store.

Online gaming resumes.
Posted Image

#38 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • 7320 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:33 PM

Yeah but the store is the only part that was ever really compromised. In reality it should have been the only thing that was taken down.
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#39 Lemm

Lemm

• PC Council Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:34 PM

Yeah but the store is the only part that was ever really compromised. In reality it should have been the only thing that was taken down.

Username /passwords were compromised. This would have allowed for account hijacking. Everything needed to be taken down.
Posted Image

#40 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • 7320 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:07 PM

As soon as you start linking credit card, address, and other store-related information to an online account, it ceases to be a "multiplayer account" and becomes a "store account". There's not a single online service where that doesn't hold true. The store was the only service that was truely affected on the long term and in reality it's been vulnerable since it was first brought online.

Regardless, they could have simply released a version number only update that made everyone reset their passwords. You know, similar to what they did after it came back up.

The rest of the security could have been fixed by firing their security team, the entirety of it, and contracting with someone for the short-term while they replaced their internal team. All the temporary team had to do was install actual software and hardware firewalls, you know, the kind that the rest of the business world uses. I haven't heard of them actually firing or hiring anyone, I guess the Japanese weren't too fond of Einstein: "You cannot solve a problem with the same mind that created it."

If WCU can manage to secure their network using off-brand hardware and an all-talk, no-action CISSP I have no sympathy for any company that gets hacked.
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users