11 replies to this topic

#1 Ephraim

Ephraim

Secret, but fun.

• Club Executives
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2644 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:07 PM

I just downloaded the new Deus Ex, but whenever I try to play it, I get a message saying that my display driver doesn't have enough resources to run the game at my selected settings. I went into the video options and turned a bunch of things off, but it didn't work. Honestly I don't know what a lot of the options refered to, because it was very technical. I also tried updating my driver, only to find that it is already up to date. I've never had a problem like this in TF2 or Killing Floor. Just for reference, my desktop currently runs GeForce 9500 GS and Core 2 Quad Q8200.

Any thoughts?
Posted Image
I met Flute Link!

#2 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7320 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:56 AM

There've been alot of graphical issues with the new Deus Ex game. Best thing you can do is to post on the Steam forums and see if they can help.

This is why I don't pre-order ported games <_<
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#3 Ephraim

Ephraim

Secret, but fun.

• Club Executives
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2644 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:29 PM

An update: After changing the video options to default, the game is now technically playable. However, the controls are so unresponsive that it is practically unplayable. It takes a second for the computer to realize a button has been pressed. In a shooter, this is unacceptable. I may as well be plaing it on a console.
Posted Image
I met Flute Link!

#4 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • 7320 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:02 PM

Is it retail or Steam? If you bought a physical copy you could try taking it back. If they give you any lip explain that you meet the minimum requirements and that the game won't start.
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#5 Ephraim

Ephraim

Secret, but fun.

• Club Executives
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2644 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:27 PM

It's Steam. I'm guessing either my computer just isn't high-tech enough, or there I need to due something in the amazingly complicated video options. Arg.
Posted Image
I met Flute Link!

#6 Ephraim

Ephraim

Secret, but fun.

• Club Executives
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2644 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:46 PM

Apparently, I'm not the only person having this problem:
http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=2079329

Maybe I should just wait for Eidos to release a patch.
Posted Image
I met Flute Link!

#7 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • 7320 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:02 PM

This is why I don't pre-order ported games <_<

Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#8 Ephraim

Ephraim

Secret, but fun.

• Club Executives
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2644 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:07 PM

It's weird. I normally think of first-person shooters being better on PCs.
Posted Image
I met Flute Link!

#9 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • 7320 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:56 PM

More has come out about how the game was developed and it's surprisingly like the last Deus Ex game. That failed miserably on PC.
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#10 Ephraim

Ephraim

Secret, but fun.

• Club Executives
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2644 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:09 PM

Screw it. I'm out forty bucks. Serves me right for buying a non-Valve game online.
Posted Image
I met Flute Link!

#11 MasterP

MasterP

Gaming Club Adviser

• Club Advisers
  • 7320 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:35 PM

It seems so long ago but I can remember when they released PC games that worked on every possible configuration. When developers took the time to code different modes for direct3d, opengl, and software rendering. When games were beta tested on both good and terrible hardware and scaled superbly across the entire spectrum. When you rarely needed support but when you did you called the phone number on the back of your CD jewel case, sat on hold for 30 seconds, and then talked to an American.

PC profits aren't down because games are terrible, that's incidental. Profit are down because they quit caring about the customers. If developers were to re-adopt the old models their overall game quality would skyrocket and their profits would follow shortly thereafter.

Consoles could benefit from that as well. Overall, it's been feeling oftly 1983ish lately. I hope we don't have a repeat of that disaster.
Mitch/MasterP/Kip

Posted Image

#12 Actiblilm

Actiblilm

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:19 PM

nba jerseys cheap Yes, I like a new leaf so iron?Blue sky, smile and sigh, is really a different life, is also a factotum When such products are offered, the sources come up with quotation for various benefits and products beneficial to the customercfactory-outletstores009Sure enough, see the conductor surface, the first two marshals wind direction change immediately, the smile on his face as the March a warm breeze: yellow cars long, you came

Cheap Jerseys After the stone against the wind a teleport arrived, the big Xiu flick, immediately the dozens of monks fell tumbling barrel into the arrayBut, when I inserted the key to unlock the lock core, and not to the positive direction of a turn, but as long as you can gently twist open the lockLao Wan asked: their aim is not to you?Can so easily let you down?I laughed: they are not afraid of me, to go I went early, they know that I have determined to go, on the hill and down the hill to them are no different More specifically, they recite the seventy ninth psalm, which was written at the destruction of Jerusalem

www.sellcheapjerseyschina.com Saves time and money!When you physically purchase wholesale products in bulk, you arrange a visit to the showroom and sometimes just one visit does not do any good Most often, the value you'll be given a receipt for is the value the charity ultimately receives for the carHow?He finished you still not happy When it comes to accessories for storage area and screen, nasty is one of the most common components around the clear packaging of the plastic

wholesale jerseys Today is certainly cannot go to the Liulin townshipZhu Biao heads out cold sweat, said: cauliflower, do you want me to take revenge for you?Shen cauliflower finally all of a sudden release mouth, the body softly from Zhu Biao back slipped, fell to the ground An automatic cleaning tool or pressurized manual is passed over surface several times so all preconditioner should be rinsed out along with residue and particles However, if buying a new palette stacker seems a task too pricey, opt for used stackers and let it facilitate all your stacking jobs

how to order nfl jerseys from china lquwomens nfl jerseys cmvcheap nfl jerseys paypal sffsaf afasdf fasdf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users