13 replies to this topic

#1 bLgX.2

bLgX.2

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 03:12 PM

Hello, I have a few questions about your lan party.

1. When is your next one?

2. Are they sponsored?

3. Will there be cash prizes?

4. And will CSS be played in the next lan?

5. And what would be the tourney settings for CSS? 2v2? 5v5?

The reason i need these answered, is b/c my friends and i would like to possibly attend your next one. But since it is so far away... if it is not worth us traveling that far... we will probably not attend. Here in Huntsville we have a VERY large lan tournament for games and usually houses 1000+ people and very large cash prizes. We would love to start traveling other places and competing nationaly. Thanks for answering these questions and hope to see you someday.

#2 Kuros

Kuros

banhammer

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3437 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 03:56 PM

1. When is your next one?

The next LAN is hosted on campus Feb 10, 2007.

2. Are they sponsored?

Yes, sponsored by names anywhere from ATD to NewEgg, nVidia, and ATI

3. Will there be cash prizes?

Most likely no, we play for fun, not necessarily for prizes. But there will be a few prizes to win.

4. And will CSS be played in the next lan?

Most likely yes, I'm trying to work with our webmaster gxti to get everything in order for several good brackets. For many different games.

Tourney settings would depend on how many people sign up for the tournament, most likely 5v5 but possibly 2v2 IF time allows.

Thanks for your interest, hope to see you at a lan. The food and drinks pay for the 5 bucks by themselves. I just hate how many people have to travel far to get here. But it's definitely worth it!!!
bored.

#3 gxti

gxti

Duke

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 05:06 PM

In the past, it's been more of a free-for-all - either taking the top players from several matches or disqualifying the bottom ones. We've never been very team-oriented. The more people we have though, the easier it is to do teams.

The reason i need these answered, is b/c my friends and i would like to possibly attend your next one. But since it is so far away... if it is not worth us traveling that far... we will probably not attend. Here in Huntsville we have a VERY large lan tournament for games and usually houses 1000+ people and very large cash prizes. We would love to start traveling other places and competing nationaly. Thanks for answering these questions and hope to see you someday.

1000+? Jesus. We limit ourselves to the school, so we're small by comparison (should be able to get 100 for the next LAN). Hence, we also don't really have teams - we're all just WCU people. ASU does teams because they invite outsiders.

#4 Ashley Faulkner

Ashley Faulkner

Gaming Club Founder

• Gaming Club Founder
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 10:37 PM

If you are really interested in team based tourneys, you should check out Appalachian State University. The last one they did in the fall was like that. However, as GXTI stated in his reply we, at WCU, are here to support the University and its students. The founders of the WCU Gaming club did not favor the layout of a team-based LAN, which is why we have never required nor allowed teams at our LANS.

We do charge a small nominal fee to attend-$5 which as LordKuros mentioned does pay for the bountiful food and drink in which you will be supplied.

As our LANS are BYOC, bring your own computer, many games will be played. We limit the actual tournaments to those inwhich there is sufficient interest. However, many games are played.

At our last LAN, we had a Nintendo Wii, X-Box 360, Guitar Hero, and DDR, as well as many PC games. We only had 4 tournaments out of those. One was on the X-box 360-Halo 2 and Gears of War, and the other 2 were PC-CS 1.6 and Q3. Unless I am mistaken.

We are growing in numbers with each LAN we do, however I believe that it will still take some time for us to reach 1000. Again we cater to our students first and foremost. The mission of the WCU gaming club is to bring more students to WCU. We are accomplishing this goal.

I thank you for your interest in our upcoming LAN, welcome you to attend, and encourage you to continue to play on our servers.
~~Ashley Faulkner~~
**The unknown 4th founder & Constitution Creator/Editor**
~~The Mrs. Adam Faulkner~~
~~Mother to Alex Faulkner-future gamer~~

#5 Kuros

Kuros

banhammer

• Club Advisers
  • 3437 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 11:02 PM

I guess I should have specified that 5v5 doesn't necessarily mean the team, usually we take the top 2 or 3 as gxti mentioned.
bored.

#6 Phonetically Phamous (dice

Phonetically Phamous (dice

Legendary Noob

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7747 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 11:29 PM

Here in Huntsville

Wo0T

i'm off Catawba

#7 Ver1tas23

Ver1tas23

CS 1.6 Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 04:32 AM

how come ole ver1 was not informed that there would be a lan on the 10th of next month? =( makes me sad yall dont want me there

#8 Kuros

Kuros

banhammer

• Club Advisers
  • 3437 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 01:04 PM

Perhaps Ver1tas should check the forums more often. You know...like all admins are supposed to do?
bored.

#9 Adam Faulkner

Adam Faulkner

Founder

• Gaming Club Founder
  • 3100 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 01:21 PM

burn lordkuros 1 ver1tas 0 :)

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

WCU Gaming Club Founder
- We bring students to college with games! -

#10 Adam Faulkner

Adam Faulkner

Founder

• Gaming Club Founder
  • 3100 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 07:37 PM

Ashley<--

Matt, probably because you can't stay in my room, as I don't have one any more...but we def want you to come, becoming sort of a tradition...all the way from Tenn..the great Ver1tas:)

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

WCU Gaming Club Founder
- We bring students to college with games! -

#11 dragons

dragons

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 10:49 AM

I wish i could come but it seems that it it the same weekend as honar band and I have to work that the same day. man I hate working with little children .

#12 bLgX.2

bLgX.2

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:35 PM

Will CS source be played at the tourney? And will there be prizes for winning it?

#13 gxti

gxti

Duke

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:39 PM

Yes and yes.

#14 Fascist Flakes (Jagr)

Fascist Flakes (Jagr)

The Fascist

• Club Executives
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1170 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 09:54 AM

Come! Lol, it isn't that far from Alabama... rofl :P.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
-Fascist Flakes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users