15 replies to this topic

#1 gxti

gxti

Duke

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:06 PM

Want to be an admin on WCU servers? Check if you meet the following requirements:
  • 50 meaningful posts on the forums
  • Roughly 75 hours on WCU servers (you should be a regular on at least one server!)
  • A recommendation from an existing WCU admin
  • A recommendation from a Gaming Club Executive. See the pinned "Gaming Club Staff" topic in General Discussion to learn who the current executives are.
OR
  • Currently a student at WCU
Meet these requirements? Then head on over to the admin application.

Note that we are not currently accepting admin applications for Counter-Strike: Source.

Do not spam to get your post count up. All your posts will be deleted, and you will never get a chance to be admin again.

Edited by gxti, 21 June 2007 - 05:53 PM.

#2 Davey - T

Davey - T

Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:43 PM

i believe that this is complete garbagegtxi. s for one, the spamming as you call it was justified. i had already had the ok from kuros and he said all i had to do was get 50 posts and then i could become admin, he'd vouch for me and blah blah... just because i spammed to get to 50 doesnt mean im going to be less involved from here on out . i simply wanted the admin as soon as i could have it. Second, i did not start a random map vote when the server was more than half full. the only time i did start one today was when it was going to dust when the teams were 5 on 7 i believe and i asked if ppl wanted a different map first. so with an overwhelming vote yes, i started a random map vote.

I have both Kuros' and Nodice's support on being an admin, and Just about every other admin and regular players on the css server, who will vouch that i am a reasonable person (maybe a bit too liberal for thinking that brackets name mykneegrows is simply funny and not offensive) but i am always fair when playing on the server. i never stack teams, always help out the losing team, and always try too keep the peace. give me back admin gtxi,please, it was wrongfully taken away.

#3 Bitey

Bitey

My banhammer is more like a sledgehammer

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3019 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:43 PM

So you mean to tell me he lost his admin over basically the post count issue? Because he has explained why he did the random map vote, and since he is a new admin he should be given a bit of a break, I mean when I first got admin I screwed up plenty of times. I am sorry but this isn't very professional and I am not writing this post just for my post count, I expect something to be done, I usually just go with the flow on things but this is something that has gotten under my skin. I understand that admins should be active on the forums and be involved in the community, and true what dave did was not that, but if Kuros told him one thing that should be honored. Regardless something needs to be done about this, it makes everyone look bad, its irresponsible and unprofessional and should be seriously looked at instead of just popping up and doing this.
I fight for those that aren't afraid to fight for themselves.

Posted Image

#4 gxti

gxti

Duke

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 10:07 PM

The issue's been settled. Spamming just to get 50 posts is not going to get you on my good side, no matter how good an admin you are, and no matter what you've been promised. The post requirement should not encourage people to litter the boards. I'm letting it slide, I've restored half his posts (the ones that weren't complete garbage) and I'm letting him work his way towards 50 contributing posts from there.

#5 Bitey

Bitey

My banhammer is more like a sledgehammer

• Club Advisers
  • 3019 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 10:57 PM

I posted that before we talked on IRC btw...
I fight for those that aren't afraid to fight for themselves.

Posted Image

#6 Kuros

Kuros

banhammer

• Club Advisers
  • 3437 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 12:22 AM

I propose an amendment. A vouch from a non-executive admin AND from a gaming club executive. That should keep the crappy admins down to a minimum.
bored.

#7 Brian

Brian

Duke

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:52 AM

Sounds good to me.
I tell you this. As war becomes dishonored and its nobility called into question honorable men who recognize the sanctity of blood will become excluded from the dance, which is the warrior's right, and there will the dance become a false dance and the dancers false dancers. And yet there will be one there always who is a true dancer and can you guess who that might be?
You aint nothin.

I'm going down to Rose Marie's
She never does me wrong.
She puts it to me plain as day
And gives it to me for a song.
It's a wicked life but what the hell
The stars ain't falling down.

#8 gxti

gxti

Duke

• Club Advisers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 05:54 PM

Done.

#9 Writhen

Writhen

Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 05:48 PM

Totally understandable for my part.

Totally understandable for my part.

#10 jOOkStER

jOOkStER

Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 10:59 AM

sorry to bump but so this means that no more admins?

#11 Liam

Liam

Club Slave

• Root Admin
  • 3918 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 11:25 AM

There was just some new admins added the other day. :)

#12 pyro urban

pyro urban

GrandMasta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1284 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 05:06 PM

me being added to admin soon. i got everything i need except i need 1 more non executive vouch, and i got like 3 maybe's so hopefully i'll have it by the end of the week. =)

PyroDave
Big Red
Urban

Posted Image

#13 Ashley Faulkner

Ashley Faulkner

Gaming Club Founder

• Gaming Club Founder
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 08:59 AM

If I count, you have my vouch Urban.
~~Ashley Faulkner~~
**The unknown 4th founder & Constitution Creator/Editor**
~~The Mrs. Adam Faulkner~~
~~Mother to Alex Faulkner-future gamer~~

#14 pyro urban

pyro urban

GrandMasta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1284 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 07:16 PM

i hope you do count =) he said get two 1.6 admins but idk. i have no way other than this and aim to contact him so i guess i just gotta wait for a response from him on here.

PyroDave
Big Red
Urban

Posted Image

#15 PistolPete

PistolPete

Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 04:05 PM

Oh...I missed this thread before I sent my Admin Application in. I guess I need to work on posting around the site. but I am wondering if after I post 50 times does that mean I need to resend an application or will the already sent application still count? Well have a good day all.

#16 Phonetically Phamous (dice

Phonetically Phamous (dice

Legendary Noob

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7747 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 04:10 PM

yes but remember "50 meaningful posts on the forums" spam does not count..
Welcome to the community

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users