WCU Online Gaming Club
Sign in to follow this  
Brian

Different Version Maps, Missing Maps, New Maps downloads.

Delete all of your old version of russka and download the new one from the links below, The four other new maps, de_crane, de_cpl_strike, de_season, de_villa can be found in these links as well.Enjoy :)

EDIT: There is a bug that tells everyone after they DL it that they are missing the map file :( we are working on that, if you download it from here and already have it you should be good to go.

de_russka- http://www.cevo.com/MAPS/de_russka_source.zip

de_crane- http://www.cevo.com/MAPS/contest/de_crane.rar

de_season- http://www.fpsbanana.com/mirrors/startdl/9...106&ext=rar

de_cpl_strike- http://www.fpsbanana.com/mirrors/startdl/1...640&ext=rar

EDIT: I has removed de_villa because I have grown to hate the *edited* out of it, I hope it dies in hell.

If your getting an error after downloading a map and/or trying to join a non-official map on the server, the fix is fairly simple.

In Windows, go to:

My Computer,

C Drive

Program Files

Steam

SteamApps

counter strike source

maps

In that folder, delete the offending custom maps.

(Don't worry about losing them. The server will automatically re-download them.)

Re-join the server.

You should be able to get in.

If for some reason you can't get in or you can't find that map, do the following:

Click Start -> Find Files and Folders

Do a search for the map name.

(ie, de_russka)

delete the files it finds.

Re-join the server.

I hope this helps sort out some of the problems everyone is having.

This is not the only error people are getting. After finishing the download of the new maps they are getting a missing map error that is fixed by downloading it from here on the forums strangely. Is there any solution to the this? We didn't run into it the last times we tried to add maps.

Keep this topic open in case anyone else has any points to be made.

Dunno, once a map got corrupted on Aphrodite and I couldn't figure out why the hell it kept giving those "Map differs from server blah blah" errors. Once I get some interwebs, I might just have to reupload the newest versions of everything I can find.

I had looked at season before and I don't think it will make a good pub map. Strangley, all the cpl_ maps have been a big hit on WCUG. I haven't looked at any of the others and I think if the world spawn problem is fixed in the new russka, it would be a worthy addition. I hear a lot of good things about villa as well. I'll look at all of them soon.

As for my reasoning for no season, I think once the bomb has been planted, it takes too long to get from one site to the other. I tested it a lot with bots, where I would intentionally go to the wrong site, and try and cross and diffuse. It's more of a time thing than anything else. What does everybody else think?

Can't hurt to try. :) We can always take it out, and really, with as full as the server stays it shouldn't pose too much of an issue imho.

It is a factor in 5v5 where there isn't a lot of people, like the only thing we found that works stratigically was a staggered retreat tactic where we pulled back slowly, position by position till we regrouped in 4 or 5 and had seen the bomb on radar finally. I think there will be enough people in the pub however that the long rotation won't be much of a problem. Besides I don't see the problem with having a few off set maps. We've kept the original dust :)

The original Dust is immensely popular amongst people who just enjoy pubbing as well as the occasional "competitive" player. It is a great map that forces a side to cooperate amongst themselves in order to achieve a win.

As far as Season goes, I think it is fine if the map is a bit large. On Dust2 a player cannot go to one site, find out it isn't there, and then get to the other within time. Most maps are that way, a few you are able to and even some techniques on D2, etc allow a player to get to a site as quickly as possible and is able to defuse as well. As Liam said, it doesn't hurt to try.

Sign in to follow this