Counter Strike 1.6 General Server Rules

For as long as I've been playing, crouch walking was always when you HOLD crouch down and you walk. I see a lot of noobs do this around the corner cuz they think they're being sneaky and end up getting a facial. However, I know that lately it's been turning into when you walk and TAP crouch. I don't see what advantages you get by doing this. It annoys the hell out of me, though.

Once upon a time, I warned a regular to stop crouch running, so he did the crouch walk instead. I asked Major if that's allowed and he said no, it's not (and it's stated in the rules here, too). Major told me the reason, even though it seemingly does nothing, is to leave no gray areas. Crouch running isn't allowed because it gives you an unfair advantage, so we ban it. If people were allowed to crouch walk, it could lead to problems like people asking why they can do one, but not the other. Or people might try to slip a couple of seconds of running and then start doing the crouch walk again. Just an example. To avoid ANY kinds of problems, we just prohibit the use of either.

It's kinda like this situation I experienced recently pertaining to being an admin and following rules. Someone removed me from his friends list because I wouldn't let him camp spawn and he was trying to use the excuse that we're friends to have me bend the rules for him. I told him no. Obviously, if I let one do it, someone else will do it, too, if he thinks he meets the same conditions (that he's my friend). It's pretty black and white for me. I might warn them a few more times than some random person in the server (that's as much leeway they get from me), but in the end, they all end up slain/kicked/banned. Don't leave anything open to interpretation; no gray areas.

Major, a regular in the server, Frady, was banned today for using an M4 in awp_dust although the rules were changed this morning, i dont think he was aware.

Here is his ban post

Anyway, he talks about banning all guns except awp/pistol. Would that be a possibility?

yes, imma try to do all of that tomorrow. Ive been traveling the past 2 days and im just plum wore out because of it. Sry things have gone to *edited* guys, its completely my fault. Hopefully this will all be fixed soon.

Are we going to update the motd to include these? I liked it when the rules used to be up when you joined the server. If people claimed they didn't know the rules, we could always throw it back at them that they were listed prior to joining a team. It currently says on the motd that people are expected to know the rules.

No one's answered my question. Can we update the motd to include the rules?

• 1 month later...
Toran its really easy...major this should also been on your list. It must be really long now but eh we love you.

After tonight meeting, we will be able to set up a new MOTD. Were gonna try to update it for all servers at once so all our servers become pretty.

We will have basic rules//link to rules + an updated rotation so that it will be up to date and sexy.

<3