Sign in to follow this  
FTE Kaz-Ka

LAN Tournament Rules

Council Leaders, Post LAN Tournament Rules here please.

PC Tournament Rules

2:00 PM - 3:00 PM (Gunbound)

3:00 PM - 4:30 PM Counter Strike Source

4:30 PM - 7:30 PM Team Fortress 2

7:30 PM - 10:00 PM Left 4 Dead

10:00 PM - 1:00 AM Call of Duty 4 TBA

Consul Tournament Rules

2:00 PM - ?:?? PM NCAA Football 09

2:00 PM - 4:00 PM Super Smash Bros Brawl

4:00 PM - 6:30 PM Street Fighter IV

4:00 PM - 7:30 PM Soul Calibur IV

7:30 PM - 8:30 PM Goldeneye 007

8:30 PM - 10:00 PM Resistance 2

10:00 PM - 1:00 AM Gears of War

Free dinner will be served at 6:30 PM for event precipitants

Edited by NoDice

CSS:

There will be 3-4 rounds depending on the number of tournament participants. Eliminations per round will also depend on the number of participants.

The rounds will be as follows assuming 16 participants:

Round 1: Map TBA - Top 10 move on

Round 2: Map TBA - Top 6 move on

Semi-final: Map TBA - Top 2 move on

Final: Dust2 Long-A - standard final rules

Map times TBA, most likely 15-20 minutes. The first 3 maps will be announced closer to the LAN date.

Dust2 will NOT be the opening map.

NCAA Football 09

Teams: Player Choice

Difficulty: Heisman

Time: 5 Minute Quarters

Higher Seed Gets Home

QB Quiz - Off

Ice Kicker - On

28 Point Mercy Rule - Unless both players agree to play it out

- 30 Seconds at beginning of Each game to set subs

- Each Player gets 3 Pauses each half

Brawl Rules:

Play will be 2v2, 3 stock match, set to 5 minutes

- Best 2 out of 3 matches (3 out of 5 for the finals)

- Team Damage will be on

- If time runs out, the team with the most total stock wins

- If both teams have equal stock, the team with the least total percent wins

- If both teams have equal stock and percent, Sudden Death will be played out

First stage is random, first characters are double blind; after the first match, the format is;

Losing team chooses stage -> One winner chooses character -> One loser chooses character ->

Other winner chooses character -> Other loser chooses character

- The same stage cannot be played on twice

Stages set to Random:

Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi’s Island, Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Jungle Japes, Pokemon Stadium 1

Stages allowed to be chosen by the losing team (in addition to Random stages):

Delfino Plaza, Luigi's Mansion, Pirate Ship, Frigate Orpheon, Halberd, Skyworld, Pictochat, Green Greens, Rainbow Cruise, Corneria, Brinstar

(Other stages may be chosen if both players agree on the stage)

Items to be turned on (Low frequency):

Food, Beam Sword, Lip’s Stick, Star Rod, Super Scope, Fire Flower, Smoke Ball, Pitfall, Mr. Saturn, Banana Peel, Spring, Team Heal.

---

Recently edited: Removed some stages (Port Town A.D., Pictochat) one item (Green Shell) and clarified about team damage.

---

Goldeneye 007 Rules:

Play will be 2v2, Normal Mode, set to 5 minutes (best 2 out of 3 for the finals)

- Players can choose whatever character and control style they want

- Stage choice will be agreed upon by both teams. If they cannot agree, it will be random.

- Weapon selection will be agreed upon by both teams. If they cannot agree, it will be "random"; (The game has no random weapon function. It will be randomized manually between Pistols, Automatics, and Power Weapons)

- Auto-aim will be turned off, and there will be no player handicap

- If both teams end with the same score, they will play a round of You Only Live Twice with Golden Gun Fun weapon settings to determine the winner

For the second/third matches of the finals, the losing team can either choose to change the stage or weapon selection. The opposing team will be allowed control over the other option.

***Players are required to re-enter game immediately after being killed. (Re-entry into a game is possible the moment a player’s screen fades to black after being completely red. At this point, a player should have regenerated back into the game) Failure to re-enter within 5 seconds once will result in a warning. A second offense will result in the loss of one point. A third offense will result in the opponent being declared the winner of the round. These same 5 second offense rules apply to blocking doors (on certain stages, if a player is standing next to a door on one side it cannot be opened from the other side)

Edited by Eyce

Resistance 2

Free for all death match

two players per screen "no exceptions"

15min. time limit per round

25kills per round

10 player maps only ran in listed order.

chimara or human is your choice.

Host of the match must make sure everyone has choosen their berserk and weapons.

once you pick a weapon you must stick with it throughout the round

"You are not alowed to change weapon load out during play!!!!! Unless your partner agrees with it"

Berserks not alowed:

-Pulse cannon

-Lark (Rocket launcher)

-Suicide bomber (Overload)

Rounds and Ranking:

There will be two rounds per elimination.

If you are in the bottom 3 in two consecutive rounds, you are eliminated.

If you are in the top 3 in two consecutive rounds, you will get to sit out and will be replaced by three new players.

Anyone if anyone is in between the top and bottom 3, they have to play in the next rounds

This will continue untill there isnt enough new contenders.

Then the winners have to compete amongst them selves.

This cycle will continue till we are down to final 6ish then we have as many rounds needed until we have someone to have won twice...That would be our winner.

Soul Calibur rules:

Best 2 out of 3 matches (3 out of 5 for finals/semi-finals), 3 lives per match, 60 second time limit

First stage is random, first characters are double blind; after the first match, the format is

Loser chooses stage -> Winner chooses character -> Loser chooses character

Custom and Bonus characters are banned, for issues with hitboxes.

Since this is a Duel Platform game, if there is a disagreement on what console to play on, there will be a coin toss. the winner of the toss chooses the console for the first match and the loser of that match chooses the console for the next match, and so on.

Edited by Freezer_mcs

Gears of War 2 2v2 Tournament Settings

--Execution

--1 Round (3 Rounds for Finals)

--Best of 5 Maps

--Time Limit: 5 Minutes

--Bleed Out: 15

--Weapons - Customize.

----Mortar -> Boomshot

----Mulcher -> Torque Bow

Map Rotation:

--Blood Drive

--Gridlock / Pavilion*

--Avalanche

--Canals / River*

--Security

* River and Pavilion will only be used if the Flashback Map Pack is not Available.

Street Fighter IV 1v1 Tournament

Best of 3 Fights

Best of 5 Rounds

Time Limit: 99 secs.

Random Stage Selection.

Characters Banned: Seth.

I havent made a final decision as of yet. i plan to figure this out in the next day or so, but mike if you want to overrule me on this then that is within your power. otherwise i let youknow in the next couple days

Yea, I think it should be the players choice like we originally said. Its only fair because honestly, if you think about it, the only people coming to the LAN that has a Gamepad is Daniel, You, Josh, maybe Robert, and I think Omen (but he says he doesnt like it so I guess he doesnt count). Also, Im pretty sure I'm not the only one that would say that the PS3s controller is much better to use for SF4 than the gamepad (or the 360 controller, but to each his own).

on that note then when you sign up for the tournament at the lan. there will be a "preferred console" column. you can choose between ps3, xbox, or no pref. game pad may be used if requested and available. this does NOT however guarantee you get the console you want. disputes down the line will be handled with a flip of the coin. soul caliber 4 will be handled the same way.

Since nickname can't be at the lan he wants me to run the l4d tourny.

Left 4 Dead Rules.

Tournament will be limited to the first 16 people to sign up due to time constraints.

Anything except cirvumventing a crescendo event is legal.

The rounds will be as follows assuming 16 participants:

4 teams of 4.

The winner shall be determined by l4d's internal scoring system for versus.

Round 1. No Mercy. Teams 1,2 and 3,4 play eachother.

Round 2. Blood Harvest. The winners of round 1 play eachother for 1st and second place, and the losers play eachother for third place.

Edited by Chupathingy

After running some test fights in Brawl last night, I've decided to edit my rules a tiny bit. I removed two stages (Port Town A.D., Pictochat) one item (Green Shell) and clarified about team damage (forgot to mention it needs to be on). I also threw together an easy-to-read settings sheet to avoid confusion when setting up Brawl/choosing stages between matches.

settings.jpg

I'll print out a few copies and put them near each Wii setup as we ready them for the tournament, and hopefully it will help Brawl run more smoothly than in previous LANs.

However, I have not had a chance to test Goldeneye 64 yet. I'll probably test it with Ephraim sometime this week.