Sign in to follow this  
FTE Kaz-Ka

A possible issue?

I was talking with a buddy of mine tonight about the LAN and something about Soul Calibur IV and Street Fighter IV came up. I understand that, in all fairness, that we will be playing both of these on both systems and this could possibly be a problem. In between switching systems for either game in mid match could be a real problem for people who are use to playing the game on one system. So, if you guys want, what I was thinking was that maybe you could put one game on each system and just let it be as far as that goes (one on PS3 and one on 360). If not, its ok with me, but time wise and play wise, I think this would be a good idea. And maybe, if you guys would like, we could switch the, around for the next LAN.

I thought we figured it out that we wouldn't start doing Street Fighter until towards the end of the Soul Caliber bracket. And even then, we'd still have at least 1 360 and a couple PS3's running Soul Caliber. That was my understanding. We have several more copies of Soul Caliber than we do Street Fighter. But, whatever you guys want to do is fine with me.

Honestly, I don't think we'll have an issue. At our next meeting, we'll evaluate how many copies of each game we have and for what systems we have them for. It'd be different if we simply had a gross number of one game on one system and the other game on the other system.. but I think it's spread fairly evenly.

Yea, but thats not the only issue I was trying to talk about. I've got a feeling that we are going to have some *edited*ing about people having to switch consoles in mid match (when this happens). Not only will it take up time, but this will throw off some people's game (I know it will mess with my game big time in Soul Calibur IV, I'm a DPad user obviously for both Street Fighter IV and Soul Calibur IV). Just figured I'd throw that out there though, I dont wanna *edited* you guys off, just figured I'd try to make you aware of where I'm coming from.

I think what Kaz-Ka was suggesting was make one tournament PS3 only and the other one Xbox 360 only.

Either way has its pros and cons. I say we make a final decision on Thursday.

Edited by Audyo

Okay with me.

If we do a one-system set-up.. I recommend SC be on PS3 and SF be on Xbox 360. I think we have more copies on 360 for SF.

Yea, but thats not the only issue I was trying to talk about. I've got a feeling that we are going to have some *edited*ing about people having to switch consoles in mid match (when this happens). Not only will it take up time, but this will throw off some people's game (I know it will mess with my game big time in Soul Calibur IV, I'm a DPad user obviously for both Street Fighter IV and Soul Calibur IV). Just figured I'd throw that out there though, I dont wanna *edited* you guys off, just figured I'd try to make you aware of where I'm coming from.

dude i dont think its gonna matter...I have the power pads for ps3

wtf is a power pad?

Its the special controller for sf4...it has a floating dpad and all 6 fight button are on the top...u will see it...or just google it

Edited by josrocket

It's like a 6-button gamepad. Think like.. the Sega Genesis 6-button controllers with two additional triggers at the top.

Or...

4728-Ken.gif 360 controller featuring Ken.

8828-Akuma.gif PS3 controller featuring Akuma.

There's 5 different graphics for both systems. Akuma, Ken, Chun-Li, Ryu, and Blanka.

Granted, there are also actual arcade fighting sticks, starting out at $80 a pop. That's assuming you can find it in a store.

Edited by Audyo

Hey Audyo how many people do u know that have the game use the Game Pad? Cause if its everyone, we should just hold it on the PS3 I think because the actual PS3 controller is more suitable for fighting games. The DPad is awesome and the stick is ok, but honestly I only see people use the DPad in these fighting games, so I think it would be better. If you guys actually want to split the two tournaments up

Depends on how many people can get their hands on them before the tournament. Honestly, I don't care how it's run. We just need to decide on something and stick with it.

ok. yea, I think we should have both of the fighting games on PS3 since the controller is more tailored for fighting. And I think Josh is going to try to get another gamepad, so maybe we will have 2, but im not sure.

just remember we have 7 tournaments.... mike if you want to run the whole friggin lan on ps3 controllers all the power to ya, but we split consoles to make things go faster.

Yea. People will *edited* and whine no matter what we decide. If you put it all on PS3, then you'll have 360 gamers *edited*ing. If you dedicated it to one system only, then the other faction will *edited*. Honestly, I doubt many people will care which platform they play on. I think the only people that will care is if they think they'll have an advantage on playing on one particular system. And honestly, I doubt that would make much of a difference at all. Just remember Mike, no matter what you decide to do, there will be a group of people that will always complain. It just gets annoying when it's prominent people in the club. It happens, but you've still got to stand firm to your decisions and do what you think will work best and most efficiently.

just remember we have 7 tournaments.... mike if you want to run the whole friggin lan on ps3 controllers all the power to ya, but we split consoles to make things go faster.

Im not tryn to run the whole LAN on PS3 controllers, all Ive been tryn to say the whole time is that it would take more time to run the tournaments over two consoles if there are a lot of people who disagree on what system they want to play it on. Say two people are fighting and one loses the coin toss to a PS3 Street Fighter IV player. Ok so, they play on the PS3 and the 360 guy loses to him and now he wants to play on the 360. Well I would assume that, since Soul Calibur IV and Street Fighter are going to be running on both systems, it would be full and these two people would have to wait to continue thier fight on the 360. All I am trying to say is that it would probably run a little faster if you ran the tournaments on one of either systems. Dont you remember the last LAN where Soul Calibur and Gears of War was running side by side and the Gears players got upset because they had to wait on the Soul Calibur guys to finish? Well I think this would happen again during this LAN but it would be even worse because you are using both systems to run 2 tournaments that are running back to back so, no matter what every system will be running. If you guys think you can run them both multiplatform, go for it, but I just think this will present problems, and I figured I'd bring it up. And again, I say the PS3 is better for fighting games, well because it is, just like the 360 is better for shooting games because it is more comfortable. Would you want to play Gears of War II with a PS3 controller? No no lol.

And yes, I know people will *edited* Audyo, it seems to be a natural thing to some people on these forums lol. But I would honestly rather have people *edited*ing on the forums than at the LAN because they had to wait to finish thier matches because they kept having to switch systems. If you guys, and by you guys I mean ALL of the executives for consoles, decide on something concrete concerning this problem, we will vote on it at the next meeting or over IRC (probably IRC).

Again.. I think we're back to a point of confusion. I thought Street Fighter wasn't going to start until SC was into possibly the Quarter-finals/semis?