Street Fighter 4 Tournament Rules Discussion

We need to figure out the rule settings for Street Fighter IV.

My suggestions:

Best of 3 Matches.

Each match will be:

Best of 5 Rounds

Time Limit: 99 secs.

Handicap: OFF.

Evo Standard Selection Rules (Pick whomever you want). Play testing with Seth must be evaluated to decide whether he will be banned for not. All other characters will be allowed.

Again, my suggestions. Please keep this thread limited to either opinions, suggestions, or commentary specific to the thread.

• 3 months later...

Seth is a decent chr but he has some flaws He has the lowest stun in the game I believe its 650 for his stun meter, this is why he can be used in tournys, he does have the shuryuken and sonic booms plus ex command grabs with strechting limbs and a teleport, but a Shuryuken beats the limbs lol even from a full screen away and hadokens or other projectiles beat his limbs to, I believe grabs or supers beat his teleport and Dans Ultra beats Seths ultra from a distance, plus seth doesnt do very good dmg, I love doing Kara Raging demon with Gouki(Akuma) to beat him because he takes so much damage. Ryu,Sagat,Gouki(Akuma),Boxer(Balrog), etc... always beat seth so you can allow seth in tourneys because he stuns way to easy even faster than Gouki(Akuma) and it used to be Gouki(Akuma) that had lowest life and stun but not in street fighter 4.

Seth is a decent chr but he has some flaws He has the lowest stun in the game I believe its 650 for his stun meter, this is why he can be used in tournys, he does have the shuryuken and sonic booms plus ex command grabs with strechting limbs and a teleport, but a Shuryuken beats the limbs lol even from a full screen away and hadokens or other projectiles beat his limbs to, I believe grabs or supers beat his teleport and Dans Ultra beats Seths ultra from a distance, plus seth doesnt do very good dmg, I love doing Kara Raging demon with Gouki(Akuma) to beat him because he takes so much damage. Ryu,Sagat,Gouki(Akuma),Boxer(Balrog), etc... always beat seth so you can allow seth in tourneys because he stuns way to easy even faster than Gouki(Akuma) and it used to be Gouki(Akuma) that had lowest life and stun but not in street fighter 4.

You sir seem to have your *edited* together...if we decide to have another SF4 tournament I will be talking to you about rules...if you can back these statements up of course

I found out that Seths stun is 750 not 650, but still 1 decent combo from ryu like his punisher combo will leave him at 700 to his 750 or a full stun which makes him easy to beat and also I found out that Seth is kinda low on the Teer list for Street fighter 4, I will hopefully find a ride up there to participate in street fighter 4 tournaments that is if you allow guests

Edited by Abaddon

Anyone is welcome to a WCU LAN doesn't really matter where they came from, as long as they don't cheat at our LAN and haven't been banned in one of our servers before, cause if that is the case we throw your stuff out the window.

Cheater Free Society FTW

well if it is played (I hope it is). you might want to make the finals different from the previous rounds because that is what most people expect and if you aren't standing right there things end up getting messed up.

i hope we keep this game in it will probably be the only thing i play at the next one.

p.s. mike you are a hater