• 2 weeks later...

Rule #1: Survive each round at all costs

Rule #2: Whenever possible, steal points from the gamer that's currently going to be the last guy to qualify. If you steal them from the #1 gamer, then you distribute the points more evenly and bring more people into competition with yourself for qualifying. (If you can end up being the lowest qualifier, with a significant point gap to the first disqualified gamer, then you don't have to worry about a last-second upset)

Rule #3: Blend in to the qualifiers. Everyone knows to go after the #1 gamer, because if they team up and get rid of them early, then they might have a better chance of winning. So, if you hide around #3 or #4, you won't be the prized target.

Rule #4: When in doubt, throw items across the room to distract your competition

Rule #5: When you have finally made it to victory, brag and show off like you mean it

• 2 weeks later...

Brawl Rules:

Play will be 2v2, 3 stock match, set to 6 minutes

- Best 2 out of 3 matches (3 out of 5 for the finals)

- Ties will be decided by remaining stock then %

First stage is random, first characters are double blind (if requested); after the first match, the format is Losing team chooses stage -> One winner chooses character -> One loser chooses character -> Other winner chooses character -> Other loser chooses character

- You cannot choose a stage that you have previously won on in that set, unless the opponent agrees on it

Stages set to Random:

Battlefield, Final Destination, Luigi’s Mansion, Yoshi’s Island, Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Jungle Japes, Pokemon Stadium 1

Stages allowed to be chosen by the losing team (in addition to Random stages):

Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon, Pirate Ship, Halberd, Port Town Aero Dive, Skyworld, Pictochat, Green Greens, Rainbow Cruise, Corneria, Brinstar

(Other stages may be chosen if both players agree on the stage)

Items to be turned on (Low frequency):

Food, Lip’s Stick, Super Scope, Fire Flower, Smoke Ball, Pitfall, Mr. Saturn, Green Shell, Banana Peel, Spring, Team Heal

Melee Rules:

Play will be 1v1, 4 stock match, set to 5 minutes

- Best 2 out of 3 matches (3 out of 5 for the finals)

- Ties will be decided by remaining stock then %

First stage is random, first characters are double blind (if requested); after the first match, the format is Loser chooses stage -> Winner chooses character -> Loser chooses character

- You cannot choose a stage that you have previously won on in that set, unless the opponent agrees on it

Stages set to Random:

Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi’s Story, Dream Land, Pokemon Stadium, Fountain of Dreams

Stages allowed to be chosen by the losing team (in addition to Random stages):

Rainbow Cruise, Kongo Jungle 64, Green Greens, Jungle Japes, Mute City, Poke Floats, Corneria, Princess Peach’s Castle, Brinstar

(Other stages may be chosen if both players agree on the stage)

Left 4 Dead Rules

Teams will be of either 3 or 4 players (depending on total numbers of participants). Players will be allowed to choose ONE other player that they want to be on a team with. Assuming teams of 4, pairs/individuals will be randomly assigned together to try to keep the teams even. EX: if there are 2 pairs of people and 4 people not in pairs, one pair will be placed with 2 individuals and the other pair will be placed with the other 2 individuals.

Anything except circumventing a crescendo event is legal.

Round 1: Blood Harvest Versus campaign. Highest-scoring teams advance

Round 2: No Mercy Versus campaign. Highest-scoring teams advance

Round 3 (if needed): Death Toll Versus campaign. Highest-scoring team wins.

EDIT: I am trying to figure out a way that we could add the new playmode, Survival, as part of the tournament; I was thinking have each team play the same survival map (lighthouse?) and using the times as like a ranking system to determine seeds? I dunno just a thought.

GOW2

# Total Rounds: 3

# Total Maps: 3

# Round Time Limit: 5

# Number of Bots: 0

# Bleed-Out Time: 15

# Friendly Fire: On

# Map Selection: Host

# Weapon Spawning: Customize

Maps:

# Blood Drive

# Jacinto

# Pavilion

# River

# Security

Weapon Swaps:

Blood Drive:

- Scorcher -> Torque Bow

- Frags -> Inks

Jacinto:

- Mortar -> Disabled

- Frags -> Inks

- Gorgon -> Disabled

Pavillion:

- Mortar -> Disabled

- Mulcher -> Torque Bow

- Frags -> Inks

River:

-Mortar -> Disabled

-Frags -> Inks

Security:

-Mulcher -> Boltok

-Boltok -> Torque Bow

-Frags -> Disabled

-Scorcher -> Inks

HALO 3

We will be using the MLG 6 Team Slayer gametype and maps

For all Rounds leading up to Finals

First team to 25 kills wins with a time limit of 15 minutes a map.

It will be best 2 out of 3maps

Finals

First team to 50 kills with a time limit of 15 per map

best 3 of 5 maps

First map will be agreed upon by both teams and loser picks next map. No map my be used twice in the same match.

All maps and gametypes can be found and downloaded here

http://www.bungie.net/stats/Halo3/FileShar...MLG%20Gametypes

The player traits may be slightly different than the download but were coppied straight from the Bungie/MLG site. They are listed below for accuracy. At the Lan a game type called MLG TS v6 WCU will be used and available from my box. It is exactly to MLG standards.

Primary Weapon = Battle Rifle

Custom Powerup Traits, Duration = 3 Seconds

Custom Powerup Traits, Damage Resistance = Invulnerable

Custom Powerup Traits, Shield Multiplier = 3X Overshields

Custom Powerup Traits, Shield Recharge Rate= 200% Faster

Custom Powerup Traits, Player Speed = Unchanged

Shield Recharge Rate = 90%

Damage Modifier = 110%

Player Speed = 110%

Motion Tracker Mode = Off

Suicide Penalty = None

Betrayal Penalty = None

Team Changing = Not Allowed

Time Limit = 15 Minutes

Vehicle Set = No Vehicles

The maps that will be used are as follows

MLG CSTRUCT v6

MLG LDOWN v6.1

MLG GUARDIAN v6

MLG NARROWS v6

MLG PIT v6

And again all maps can be found at the link above

I plan on having 4 teams. Team size will be determined by the number of sign ups in first come first serve. unless everyone agrees, i dont plan on letting team sizes be unbalanced. (AKA, we get 26 ppl signed up, only the first 24 will be played to make a even 6 player teams)

Round 1

team 1 vs team 2 -> team 1 wins

team 3 vs team 4 -> team 3 wins

Round 2

team 1 vs team 3 -> team 1 wins (team 1 advances to final)

team 2 vs team 4 -> team 2 wins (team 4 eliminated

round 3

team 2 vs team 3 -> winner advances to final

team 1 vs team 4 on some fun map just for fun or they can opt not to play

Round 4

team 1 vs winner of team 2 vs team 3

Maps need 4, suggest

Currently the wcu servers set up with GravelPit, DustBowl, GoldRush, 2Fort, so might be picking some of these maps as this is what the population currently plays on. I would like to replace goldrush with Granary for the tourry. the maps can really be a last minute thing, so what do yall wanna play?

Time

Time alloted 3hrs

4 Rounds @ 30mins "in game" time limit

Setting up teams = 10-15 minutes

Getting into servers = 10 minutes

Announcing winners between matches = 10 minutes

Tie-Breakers = 15 minutes

Total: 2.9hrs - AKA, You don't have time to *edited* around, i tryed to account for all time and with using max time on everything it should not go over the 3hrs alloted.. (thou it some how always does) If you see any problems with this, or if i missed something please point it out.

Upgrades/Unlockables

All items are allowed if you have them unlocked.

Class Limit Structure

if 5 or less per team only 1 person per class.

-or-

if more than 5 per team class limits are as followed:

2 - Soldiers

2 - Scouts

2 - Pyros

2 - Sniper

1 - Medic

1 - Heavy

1 - Spy

1 - Demoman

1 – Engineer

Tie Breaker

All scouts, first to cap center point on well -or- granary

TEAMS

I am going to have a sign up sheet with me, everyone that would like to play need to report to me to sign them in.

On this sheet i will get your name and a skill level 1-10 and please be honest (if you say you are a 10 and suck, your team is more than likely going to loose), and i'll know if your a noob so dont be putting down a 1 when you know you haz t3h skillz. This is for you guys, if you lie/cheat, its simply not going to be ran fair. Again come to have fun and be honest.

-also-

i am allowing you to pick 1 friend you would like to play with. You both must come to me at the same time to sign in.

Told Josh Id put the fighting games rules up for him since he's so busy (and since i know them so well lol):

Soul Calibur IV

Best 2 out of 3 matches (3 out of 5 for finals/semi-finals), 3 lives per match, 60 second time limit

First stage is random, first characters are double blind; after the first match, the format is

Loser chooses stage -> Winner chooses character -> Loser chooses character

Custom and Bonus characters are banned, for issues with hitboxes.

Street Fighter IV

Best of 5 Rounds

Best of 2 matches (Best of 3 matches in semi-finals and finals)

Time Limit: 99 secs.

Random Stage Selection.

Characters Banned: Seth.