Sign in to follow this  
Lemm

Mole Night

Ok I was talking to NoDice, Major, and Ex on irc just now and i thought of this great idea for a fun night. I'm planning on making this mod where you start out on one team and one random person is chosen to be TEH MOLE!!!!

The mole is spawns with you and has the same player skin as that of your team BUT, he's on the other team. FF should be on and each player would take turns seeing how many people he can kill....!!!!!

The hardest part to code would be the randomness and how you would keep score.. just because it's the only thing I don't know about how to do off the top of my head.... but anyway..

give me some support / ideas for this?!?!? maybe we can have it for Wednesday GG Fun Night..

Try to think of a way to include gg in this scenario

Ok I was talking to NoDice, Major, and Ex on irc just now and i thought of this great idea for a fun night. I'm planning on making this mod where you start out on one team and one random person is chosen to be TEH MOLE!!!!

The mole is spawns with you and has the same player skin as that of your team BUT, he's on the other team. FF should be on and each player would take turns seeing how many people he can kill....!!!!!

The hardest part to code would be the randomness and how you would keep score.. just because it's the only thing I don't know about how to do off the top of my head.... but anyway..

give me some support / ideas for this?!?!? maybe we can have it for Wednesday GG Fun Night..

so just that one person would have ff one so he could kill his team? Would he advance through the levels like normal? A friend of mine made some sweet rc cars that explode in 1.6 as well I can ask him if he can make it for css if you want to. I can get screen of his work as well just let me know.

ok so after talking to lemm about this i understand it to work like this. Instead of being two full teams there would only be one full team with the mole in it. This would make the game take forever if you ask me because there is only 1 kill at a time unless your the mole giving you an unfair advantage but thats just me. The nade would be just about impossible unless it was like the nade warm up rounds on the css server were once you throw the nade you get a new one right away. I think it would work better with two full teams and the mole swaping between the two of them and this takes care of the nade problem infact probably makes it even easier.

ok here's example

1 team of t's spawns and then there is 1 ct that spawns with them with the same player skin... ff is on so the t's can't just spray each other and randomly kill the mole... you get a level for every kill

should we have two full teams or just one? would have to be a small map and if we had two full teams there would be no way of knowing which team the mole is on... so u always have to be on the lookout

mebbe the mole has to knife.. or something...

^^^ these are the type of ideas i'm looking for post what u got!!!

one full team. whatever members of the team survive when the mole is killed, they gain a level. the mole gains a level for every 2 kills. or something like that.

one full team. whatever members of the team survive when the mole is killed, they gain a level. the mole gains a level for every 2 kills. or something like that.

the mole has a (incert gun here) he then stands out like a Bruce Lee in a sea of Steven Segals.

we would have to remove the "so-n-so killed so-n-so" in the corner so that people won't be able to figure out who the mole if by his kills

or have it say mole killed so-n-so

the mole has a (incert gun here) he then stands out like a Bruce Lee in a sea of Steven Segals.

only for the first couple rounds, then different ppl would be on different levels.

Egh the guns give it away very easy and you just have to remember who is on what gun its not that hard of a thing to do especially seeing as how the max we ever get in the server is like 12 at a time. I like the idea of two teams each with a mole it might be the only way this will work.

make the mole spawn with whatever gun is the "average" level of what everyone else has.

This is actually pretty fun, they have this on a warcraft mod i used to play a lot of warcraft servers. It is really a blast, because it would not happen every round. A person would spend X amount of money to buy a Mole kit thing and then next round he'd become to mole. The fun part is when 2-3-4 people all team up and buy mole kits at the same time. I got in the habbit of mousing over everyone near me to check their name. Also you learn to count fast, if there are 7 CT on your team but 8 people at spawn. oh *edited*. Another fun part is when the mole isn't uncovered right away and he just runs around and silently kills 'his team mates'. But i'v never had it with FF on, if a mole meets his real team, there is gonna be some TKing!

I really look forward to this.

This is the same thing as the wc3 mod for CS when you have either fan of knives as one of your race skills or you purchase a mole from the item menu.

Now would this be a purchased thing that you could trigger (by buying an item) or passive, a random person selected. Or maybe it could be on a set weapon or range of weapons (or weapons more probable to mole you than others), that could be interesting as you control the power you give to the mole (crappy weapon vs good weapon) and it would become predictable when someone mole'd. Maybe too predictable. I think the tirgger form would be best.

this is very similar to the wc3 thing BUT THIS WILL BE IN NO WAY WC3!

one player is randomly chosen each time.. there is no buying .. no shop menu no crap like that

ok so i vote for two full teams and they just swap back and forth or rather the mole does. It will be random and everything and as for the tab to check the scores it will still show you on your original team you will just spawn with the enemy team and with a costume on. Turn FF on so that we have to be careful who we shoot and cant just go around killing. Leave the levels the way they are and the mole will have to play through it like the rest of us. I figure the mole will get maybe 2 kills b4 people catch on that he is the mole and kill him.

I think it's the coolest idea evar!

But I think we should have one big team and respawn once the mole is dead, and a new mole will be randomed for the next round. And the person with the most kills as mole winz, or if you kill the mole you get a ton of points too! And people should be slayed automatically for killing their teammates just trying to guess who the mole is. So we have to talk to each other and try to deceive one another instead of just picking people off.

Also, we should do random spawn points for everyone on the map.

I don't know how to incorporate GG into this... maybe we do two teams and one mole, and teams are randomed after each mole death...

Can you change the skin on the guns? Make them all balloon animals or something?

Edited by BeastlyBen

I think it's the coolest idea evar!

But I think we should have one big team and respawn once the mole is dead, and a new mole will be randomed for the next round. And the person with the most kills as mole winz, or if you kill the mole you get a ton of points too! And people should be slayed automatically for killing their teammates just trying to guess who the mole is. So we have to talk to each other and try to deceive one another instead of just picking people off.

Also, we should do random spawn points for everyone on the map.

I don't know how to incorporate GG into this... maybe we do two teams and one mole, and teams are randomed after each mole death...

Can you change the skin on the guns? Make them all balloon animals or something?

If you can change the skins on the guns then this whole mole thing works great. As for the two teams with one mole I think we need that at any rate. The mole though guys would be more then likely sneaking up on people and knifing them steal a level and skip a level for them. I know I would be trying really hard to knife as much as I could. As it stands now the only time I knife is when someone asks me too or when im on knife level.

lol wut if we just didn't include gun game and everyone had knives

or maybe the mole could only knife while other players could use guns... and just play it out that way

Edited by Lemm

lol wut if we just didn't include gun game and everyone had knives

or maybe the mole could only knife while other players could use guns... and just play it out that way

well if it would be easy to distinguish the mole, maybe we just boost his hp and make him lightning quick?

or make him invisible!

well if it would be easy to distinguish the mole, maybe we just boost his hp and make him lightning quick?

or make him invisible!

give him aimbot, noclip, speed hacks, and unlimited ammo

/sarcasm

in reality the mole just needs a slight life boost and nothing else. IF you make the mole too powerful it won't be fun.

Edited by MajorMajorMajor

Sign in to follow this