Tournament Brackets for the LAN

So I found that program I mentioned earlier that creates brackets automatically (the one I saw App use for their last Melee tournament) and it's pretty easy to manage. Not only does it automatically create brackets, but it saves all of the participants in a database that can be used for any tournament at an event. As an example,

bracket1.png

I have all four fighting games at the LAN set up on the left, and some example participants on the right (top is the overall database, bottom is entrants in a particular tournament). If I wanted to add myself to Soul Calibur 4's tournament, I would just click on its Participants section and double click my name in the top list.

Also note that it knows I am from WCU. The Seeding section of a tournament has a feature that can make sure that groups of entrants are spread out on the bracket, or at least don't fight each other in the first round if possible. This is pretty awesome, since it's automatic with the bracket creation.

I'm not sure how the shooters are going to be run, but if they're either Single or Double Elimination they can be ran through this program as well.

For Teams, we might as well just use one of the entrants as a representative/leader for the team. Less info to put in that way. Like for Melee I would call Felix to a match seperately, but for Brawl I would simply call "Felix's Team".

This is also a good idea if someone from off campus teams up with someone from WCU; we can use them as the leader, and because of the seeding function will have less of a chance of fighting another team with an off-campus member.

EDIT: I just had another idea. If we had a laptop set up outside for tournament registration as people pay to enter, all we would need to do is come over and copy the LAN file/use it on a seperate laptop to run the tournament. We would leave the other laptop at the signup table of course, so as tournaments are being run people can still preemptively sign up for other tournaments.

Edited by Eyce
For Teams, we might as well just use one of the entrants as a representative/leader for the team. Less info to put in that way. Like for Melee I would call Felix to a match seperately, but for Brawl I would simply call "Felix's Team".

This is also a good idea if someone from off campus teams up with someone from WCU; we can use them as the leader, and because of the seeding function will have less of a chance of fighting another team with an off-campus member.

EDIT: I just had another idea. If we had a laptop set up outside for tournament registration as people pay to enter, all we would need to do is come over and copy the LAN file/use it on a seperate laptop to run the tournament. We would leave the other laptop at the signup table of course, so as tournaments are being run people can still preemptively sign up for other tournaments.

I was thinking about this possibility as well but we would probably want to use 2-3 computers for this and someone who knew exactly what to do would have to be at the door.

I was thinking about this possibility as well but we would probably want to use 2-3 computers for this and someone who knew exactly what to do would have to be at the door.

This isn't really a problem. All the people at the door would have to do is enter in someone's name/tag/group into a tournament's participants list, then double click their name in any additional tournaments they enter. The whole bracket section is just for us to use. Also, I can use my laptop for the brackets, and my flash drive to get the file from the laptop out front. That just leaves one more laptop to be found for them to use (and perhaps one more in case one of the other two fail somehow).