Doing some spring cleaning..

The CLs had a meeting last night and we went over a few things that we are changing, etc

One thing i'm going to be doing is trimming down our admin list for those admins who are not active as they should be

I will be doing this on Saturday, so if you know a few admins that arent on as much, let them know!

Just for reference, here is what you need to keep your admin (http://www.wcugaming.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=10275)

Maintaining Admin Status

1. Be a current student, staff member, executive, previous executive, or alumni of Western Carolina University.

Or

1. Post at least once per week on the WCU forums.

2. Idle IRC in the #wcugaming channel. (If Possible)

4. Follow all server and admin rules.

5. Maintain a minimum of 5 hours of activity in the server per semester thereafter.

6. There may be exceptions to any of the above.

Regaining Lost Admin Due To Inactivity

1. Be active in the forums for at least 30 days.

2. Have at least 50 hours of time in the server.

3. Have at least one recommendation from an existing Admin

4. Have at least one recommendation from a current or past Executive.

Regaining Lost Admin Due to Other Reasons

3. Have the approval of at least three Executives and the appropriate Council Leader.

I love the 1.6 admins, i think you all do a great job and all the active admins have had a huge impact on the community and bringing it back to being a very popular server!

Edited by adam37
The CLs had a meeting last night and we went over a few things that we are changing, etc

One thing i'm going to be doing is trimming down our admin list for those admins who are not active as they should be

I will be doing this on Saturday, so if you know a few admins that arent on as much, let them know!

Just for reference, here is what you need to keep your admin (http://www.wcugaming.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=10275)

Maintaining Admin Status

1. Be a current student, staff member, executive, previous executive, or alumni of Western Carolina University.

Or

1. Post at least once per week on the WCU forums.

2. Idle IRC in the #wcugaming channel. (If Possible)

4. Follow all server and admin rules.

5. Maintain a minimum of 5 hours of activity in the server per semester thereafter.

6. There may be exceptions to any of the above.

Regaining Lost Admin Due To Inactivity

3. Have at least one recommendation from an existing Admin

4. Have at least one recommendation from a current or past Executive.

Regaining Lost Admin Due to Other Reasons

3. Have the approval of at least three Executives and the appropriate Council Leader.

I love the 1.6 admins, i think you all do a great job and all the active admins have had a huge impact on the community and bringing it back to being a very popular server!

/agreed

We love you too adambomb number 2!!

i mean, adm37 :P

Keep in mind the requirements are going to be updated when I get a chance tonight. None of the activity part changes and the CLs will be getting the ability to waive certain requirements under certain conditions.

Since I'm still really active in the forums, I don't know if this really applies to me, but like I said in the admin section, I had to stop playing this semester cuz of school. I'm getting out of class in like a couple weeks and I expect gameplay to resume shortly after. :D

Sounds like a good plan! Adam37 can you also think about making up a new map rotation soon? (map rotation thread)

ive been looking at what maps in the current rotation are populating the server and which are not.

Those that are not are going to be replaced with other maps once i get the issue with the server and the mapcycle taken care of

Edited by adam37

I lost my admin due to making fun of too many people and having a *edited*ty attitude. I've been playing more and more CS lately, can I reapply? There's been a few times when we've needed admins but no one was on.

Also, I thought this one guy was cheating, and was going to record, but remembered only demos submitted by admins can be used in a ban.

I lost my admin due to making fun of too many people and having a *edited*ty attitude. I've been playing more and more CS lately, can I reapply? There's been a few times when we've needed admins but no one was on.

Also, I thought this one guy was cheating, and was going to record, but remembered only demos submitted by admins can be used in a ban.

people losing admin have to go through the exec council... so i would guess just fill out an application and let them decide

honestly the only reason he lost it was because him and liam never got along

if thats the case, i dont see any problem getting the 3 exec vouches. Ive never had a problem and you seem like a cool guy

The following people have lost their admin:

Nukedude - <5 Hours on server since stats reset in Jan

Jagr - <5 Hours on server since stats reset in Jan

Liam - <5 Hours on server since stats reset in Jan

YahooEarth - <5 hours on the server since stats reset in Jan

Xan238 - <5 hours on the server and no forum posts (not even sure how he/she got admin)

If you believe that you have unfairly lost your admin, please send me a PM and we will talk about it.