Sign in to follow this  
Ephraim

LAN Results (May 2, 2009)

LAN Results (May 2, 2009)

Note: This thread will be updated throughout the day.

PC Tournament Winners

Counterstrike 1.6

Winner: Adam37

Runner Up: Adam Faukner

Team Fortress 2

Winners: Ice Angel, Nookdude, AMerrill, MasterP, & Chupathingie

Counterstriker: Source

Winner: Lawlrence

Runner Up: The Saint

Consolse Tournament Winners

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Winner: Nebs

Runner Up: Devin

Gears of War 2

Winners: Crash Dummy X & Bear

Runners Up: Wantlesscrab & Jay Poetic

Soulcalibur 4

Winner: Crash Dummy x

Runner Up: Anti-Mike

Street Fighter 4

Winner: Bear

Runner Up: Shinyu

Halo 3

Winners: Exile & Bever

Runners Up: David & JT

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Winners: Devin & Angle

Runners Up: Sevio & Captain Righteous

Attendance

Note: If you have any issues with the content of this page (inaccuracies, misspelled names, ext) do not make a post about it. PM me and the issue will be resolved immediately.

This lan was awesome.

1) I won two matches legit as Roy in Melee

2) I got an Engie cap to finish the match in TF2

3) I got a Ninja Scout cap to end the second match in TF2

4) Steven started something awesome: THE CLOSE-UPS OF HORROR

Unfortunately, I didn't get to participate in the L4D tournament because it ran over and we had to leave.

But overall, very awesome

Awesomeness.png

Also, first post!

it was a great LAN, wished i could have stayed longer. Thanks for everyone who participated in 1.6

Something I couldn't see in the two group shots on the camera's screen, everyone has a variation of red eye: white eye.

It ended up looking kinda demonic. :D

Since the camera can't detect white eye it can't fix it, so I'll go in and fix them myself.

I'll include the origonals in the file as well, do what you want with them.

And PLEASE go through and look at them all first before putting them up in the gallery and get rid of the ones that don't need to be up in you'r opinion (the person who is putting them in the gallery, whoever you are, unless by FTPing them they go directly into the gallery, in wich case I will do so myself, which I probalby should anyways, and will do)

I know I had a lot of fun. I can't wait till the next LAN. Going to have to redeem myself in Soul Calibur IV. I still think its funny that SFIV had the worst attendance at this LAN but had the highest at the last one. lol. I guess people saw how broken the game was.

I still think its funny that SFIV had the worst attendance at this LAN but had the highest at the last one. lol.

I'll get the stats up as soon as I got the attendance sheet.

I heard a lot of possitive feedback on the prizes this time. Devin and Angle loved the posters so much that they took pictures of them with their cell phones and made them their backgrounds. We seriously need to court Shark Robot. I also heard some interest in Bring It.

yea the lan was great and overall was much more organized than last time due to the council leaders and everyone else who stepped up to help, especially exile and omen with the halo tournament. this was an awsome last lan as an exec and console player.

yea the lan was great and overall was much more organized than last time due to the council leaders and everyone else who stepped up to help, especially exile and omen with the halo tournament. this was an awsome last lan as an exec and console player.

So your going to stop playn consoles at the LAN or do you mean you had fun playn consoles as the Console VP?

Thanks to my awsome tf2 team! We dominated...

( Ephraim my name is spelled wrong :( )

( Also its Ice Angel not Angle )

Note: If you have any issues with the content of this page (inaccuracies, misspelled names, ext) do not make a post about it. PM me and the issue will be resolved immediately.

( Ephraim my name is spelled wrong :( )

( Also its Ice Angel not Angle )

:angry:

So your going to stop playn consoles at the LAN or do you mean you had fun playn consoles as the Console VP?

Well this summer Im building a gaming PC so I kinda want to try out pc gaming for a while. and yea if I play console games at future LANs it will probably only be like SF4 and maybe one shooter, not everything like I have in the past. Im not really burnt out on console gaming as much as im kinda burnt out on console gamers.

Well this summer Im building a gaming PC so I kinda want to try out pc gaming for a while. and yea if I play console games at future LANs it will probably only be like SF4 and maybe one shooter, not everything like I have in the past. Im not really burnt out on console gaming as much as im kinda burnt out on console gamers.

lol ok.

If you need tips on what parts are worth your moneys just ask, I *edited*ing love building PC's.

So... what are your specifications?

Intel - AMD

Dual - Quad core

Mobo: Are you interested in multiple GPUs?

SLI/CrossFire - Single Card

Nvidia - ATI

Good - Great - Crysis Killer

2G of RAM is plenty, If you really want to, you can go 4G

Vista is now fairly good, 64 bit and DX10 help emensely with gaming

Power Supply will depend on what parts you get

When it's built, use SpeedFan to keep an eye on your CPU temps and load.

Let everything idle for a while then set the temp's it is reading as the normal operating temperatures

If it gets too hot, get an aftermarket cooler like Zalman, godly coolers.

But yeah, I would love to help you build a computer.

yea my roommate has built 7 or 8 from scratch and taken apart, fixed, and put back together 40+ so were going to work on it towards the end of july and probably finish it just before school starts.

That is the dumbest thing I have read in weeks.

Nah man, 2 Gigs is fine so long as you've got XP and don't plan on playing games.

Nah man, 2 Gigs is fine so long as you've got XP and don't plan on playing games.

...or running any programs other than Word or Powerpoint

..Honestly, if you only have 2 gigs of ram and VISTA... just sit there and look at the pretty desktop. And then go work for the extra $30 for the extra two Gigs of ram.

..Honestly, if you only have 2 gigs of ram and VISTA... just sit there and look at the pretty desktop. And then go work for the extra $30 for the extra two Gigs of ram.

You can get by with 2GB in Vista, you just have to have some *edited* fast hard drives in RAID0 to make up for it.

My computer has been beating the crap out of everything I throw at it with its 2G and AMD dual core

I beleve it's 4-4-4

But yeah, I forgot that Vista is a memory hog, you would definately need 4G

Even in XP, 2GB isn't enough for the big games, again, unless you have *edited* fast stripe.