In the next day or so we will be moving the CS16 stats system to the new HLXC system on our webserver. To do this we have to reset the stats.

Just a heads up so there aren't any surprises later.

To be honest, I don't think we really need the new stats system. I don't see the purpose of having a point system. During in-game play now, it is really annoying to see all the hlx stats for all the players every round.

"___ gets a point for killing ___"

"blah blah blah blah blah"

Do I really need to see all of this? Is there a way I can turn it off?

To be honest, I don't think we really need the new stats system. I don't see the purpose of having a point system. During in-game play now, it is really annoying to see all the hlx stats for all the players every round.

"blah blah blah blah blah"

Do I really need to see all of this? Is there a way I can turn it off?

you just hate realizing that you are bad at 1.6 <333

During in-game play now, it is really annoying to see all the hlx stats for all the players every round.

You only get messages that involve you, IE you killed someone and it tells you how many points you got for it or someone killed you and it tells how many points they got for it.

You shouldn't be getting everyone's, if you were you're chat window would literally fly through them.

I definitely like some of the features of the new stat system, like telling you when you get points and why, however I'm a little confused...

I haven't seen a calculation for the algorithm, but it would appear that your "skill" just keeps getting larger and larger as you play more. I think you lose a point if you die? But if you spawn with the bomb or kill anyone you get multiple times that. I guess what I'm trying to say it, I would prefer a calculation that quantifies your "skill" based on how good you actually are and not how much you play.

Or am I confused?

=X

You're confused.

You get a set amount of points for winning, planting the bomb, picking up the bomb, dropping the bomb, etc.

You get a varying number of points for killing someone. The amount you get is based on how many points he has and how many you have. If he has many more points then you you get a lot of points, if you are close you get some points, if you have many more than him you get very few.

The reverse is also true for deaths. The most that can be taken is set at 15 i believe.