Is Apple Making a Console?

Do you think Apple will make a Console?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Apple will make a Console?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

When the I-phone came out me and my buddy were heavily speculating that Apple could get into the console market and destroy everyone. Now everyone knows that most people have I-pods, lots have I-phones, and of course their computers. Their computers have a proprietary architecture, as well as a proprietary operating system. With this in mind there wouldnt be too much effort to design a similar architecture for a Mac console since they have these resources. Imagine a system that could interface with I-phone and its apps, The I-pod, Mac computers and OS, and use I-Tunes. They could clean up the market since so many people have invested in Mac products.

Well for this theory to become reality they obviously must do a lot of planning in sales, marketing, and design to successfully pull this off but its looking like that they are starting to take baby steps to making this a reality.

They will be releasing a videogame controller for the I-Phone called the GameBone pro. Here is one link:

http://www.gamespot.com/hardware/blogs/har...tml?tag=nl.e513

Yes they'll make one eventually and yes it will fail. Hard. Like Dreamcast style, only harder.

Apple and games don't mix. Ever.

If they make on it will be twice as much as the most expensive one already on the market, will have less good games than the Wii has had (lol?), and will be quite possible the most retarded thing you've ever hooked up to a TV.

Apple fanboys will be as blind and fanatical as PS3 fanboys were on their release day, possibly more. They will get hooked on the notion of playing games on this TV thing and move to systems that DO have good games. An Apple console could possible be a win for Microsoft. Although it will most likely help Nintendo as they're the only ones that have turned a profit on console sales over the last 3 years.

Yes they'll make one eventually and yes it will fail. Hard. Like Dreamcast style, only harder.

Apple and games don't mix. Ever.

The statements of a biast PC fanboy. I have games for my Mac. Cod4 being one of them. It plays better on OSX than on Windows and looks JUST as good.

They do mix. Its developers that don't mix with Mac.

Although...the moron that said if apple made a console it would dominate? No. Never. XBox and PS3 have the market cornered for hardcore gaming.

The statements of a biast PC fanboy. I have games for my Mac.

Yes they have games but when I go to Walmart there are dozens of games for the PC and maybe 3 for Mac. It's that way at every store. If you barely have any games, you aren't an OS designed with gaming in mind.

Cod4 being one of them. It plays better on OSX than on Windows and looks JUST as good.

Plays better on the same spec machine? Proof?

They do mix. Its developers that don't mix with Mac.

That's part of it. If your OS has

MasterP: I'm right. :D I base my factual info on personal experience as opposed to what I think:P So POOP.

Kuros: OSX is Linux with panties.

The dreamcast ultimately failed because of a lack of copy protection. You could burn games straight without mods or anything and play them.

The real question is, does Apple have the money to pull it off? Granted, they are doing pretty well, but they don't have the kind of money that Microsoft has. Microsoft basically had an almost infinite money supply, and said "hey lets make games what the hell, we can afford to buy the world" and pumped the xbox full of money until it was successful. I don't think Apple can afford to do the same, not yet anyway. And if anyone has been keeping up with the market, apple shares haven't been doing to well. anyone know where they are at now?

Edited by NuRayZ
Breif aside: The Dreamcast failed commercially, but it was a fine system.

this is absolute truth.

And on this topic, no, apple will not make a game console. Why should it? It has the iphone/ipod touch that it uses as its "gaming" platform.

MasterP: I'm right. :D I base my factual info on personal experience as opposed to what I think:P So POOP.

Pics? Proof? Just curious because when I do a google search for an OS comparison of this the first page of results are either torrents, complaints about poor performance, or testimonials about it running "great" on regular macbooks which is about like saying Crysis runs good on a Gamecube.

Kuros: OSX is Linux with panties.

It's actually based on FreeBSD, not Linux.

The dreamcast ultimately failed because of a lack of copy protection. You could burn games straight without mods or anything and play them.

Let's not kid ourselves, it was a marketing disaster. Copy protection had little to do with it. With 5 minutes of google searching you can find ways to copy and play games on any current generation console without using a modchip.

The real question is, does Apple have the money to pull it off? Granted, they are doing pretty well, but they don't have the kind of money that Microsoft has.

If you do a good enough job you don't need to worry about having enough money. Look at Nintendo's business model, it's based purely around making something people will buy AND turning a profit in the process. The only time you have to worry about having enough money is if you're blindly tossing money at a console hoping it will come out on top or taking a huge loss on every purchase.

CHECK INTO CASH! DURALASTduralast! Turn this into cash! Just press this pendant! Just press dispendant? I'm C. Everett Coop, and I wear one TOO! just gather up your old Gold scraps that are collecting dust and send them to us..then we may send you some money back if "someone" duznt accidentally LOSE it..HEH!!! LOOT.