Sign in to follow this  
FTE Kaz-Ka

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger

God I hope this game makes it in as a tournament. It is the most balanced fighting game Ive played in a LONG *edited* time (if not ever). Its deep, its fun, and it easy to pick up but hard to master. This is probably going to be one of the best fighting games of this year.

What I like most about it is that you have the ability to barrier burst out of any combo, which gives you one chance to escape at the expense of double damage. It also keeps people from mashing buttons. I also like the ablity to create combos out of basically the way your enemy intends to fall or move lol...Its also alot of fun and very funny

So far I've read (opinions) that it's really slow-paced for a GG-style game. Some people have compared BlazBlue to Brawl in relation to it's slower pace and overall easier gameplay compared to it's predecessor, but I don't know how drastic the difference is (having not played it yet/not played GG in forever).

I dont know where you have read your comparisons but I would have to disagree. On the surface, it might seem slower, but when you see the combo system in action, youd probably change your mind. Trust me its no were near as slow as Brawl was compared to Melee, thats just a lie. The fighting system for BlazBlue is different in the form of whats called Drives. The X button is no longer kick, but a button that does something special for each person (like in the video, Litchie can throw and recall her staff in many different ways and Ragna can use darkness to take a small amount of HP from the opponent when he hits the, with one of these attacks). And easier gameplay than GG? My *edited*! The combo system is hard as hell to master (I am still trying to get it down) and every character plays differently. Just look at the links below. Ill tell ya though, its one hell of a game. It seems pretty well balanced (minus v-13, the boss) and the combo system is fun and complicated. I can't stop playing it! But if you havent seen any yet, here are some links to the two.

Here's some Guilty Gear:

Here's some BlazBlue:

(GET'EM BOOBIE LADY!)

Despite what you may think though, I think they are both great games. Hell I tried pushing for Guily Gear to become a tournament at the last LAN and the one before that one but it was a no go. I hope to see BlazBlue at the next LAN (maybe taking Street Fighter's place since it had a *edited* turnout last time). I think you (John) and everyone else at West will like Blazblue, its just amazing.