Ban initial wall spamming in snow?

32 members have voted

1. 1. Ban wall spamming in snow?

• yes
    • no

To be honest, i dont see snow leaving the rotation anytime soon. I think if we enforce rules on banning/kicking people who spam in fy_snow, then someone will eventually complain about all spam spots on every map. Maybe if we did just para spam?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, i dont see snow leaving the rotation anytime soon. I think if we enforce rules on banning/kicking people who spam in fy_snow, then someone will eventually complain about all spam spots on every map. Maybe if we did just para spam?

This is a tricky subject to determine the proper course of action. In the long run you'll see people who are getting killed legit by a para who'll claim they got walled out of nerdrage and such. Also, once you put a stigma on the server that it's a punishable offense to shoot through the pillars, people will eventually become afraid of even shooting through the sidewalls or even through corners and so on. It may just be my natural human paranoid nature but I think that's how it'll be.

I say we continue to let people pillarpara their way to top Frags in Fy_Snow. Hopefully this'll cause enough frustration where we'll actually play more maps other than Awp_Dust/Fy_Snow and Dust2. It seems these are the 3 maps we've been playing in rotation.

Side note: Since the 10minute from 5minute RTV change, I have noticed quite a few people learning to cope with the fact that maps have their own durations and they've been enjoying whichever map is being played.

a) the spawn in snow = 1/3 of the map. I think what you meant is move the center of the spawn point cause most ppl when they spam, they do it at a 45 degree angle against the wall so even if you do peek out either to the left or right, you are prone to get spammed.

B) well double duh!, but that wouldn't be fair. :]

Thanks for the consideration guys. At least I tried.

a. you get a gun and rush. by rushing, i mean you get to the spots with the nades really quickly.

b. how is it not fair to kill people spamming? by looking at walls, i don't mean using wall hacks. you can tell where a person is by the angle from which their bullets are coming from. personally whenever i see someone wall spamming with a para, i get happy b/c usually i'm able to headshot them through the wall (b/c they're crouching), nade them to death (b/c they're stationary), or you just rush them & kill them since the person will probably still be spamming by the time you get to their spawn.

a. you get a gun and rush. by rushing, i mean you get to the spots with the nades really quickly.

b. how is it not fair to kill people spamming? by looking at walls, i don't mean using wall hacks. you can tell where a person is by the angle from which their bullets are coming from. personally whenever i see someone wall spamming with a para, i get happy b/c usually i'm able to headshot them through the wall (b/c they're crouching), nade them to death (b/c they're stationary), or you just rush them & kill them since the person will probably still be spamming by the time you get to their spawn.

Bro, you can see the bullets flying while in-game? I want your video rendering computer ability. ahaha

Seriously tho, this works for me half the time, the other half I'm usually micspamming TWD or TheMole.

how is it not fair to kill people spamming? by looking at walls, i don't mean using wall hacks. you can tell where a person is by the angle from which their bullets are coming from. personally whenever i see someone wall spamming with a para, i get happy b/c usually i'm able to headshot them through the wall (b/c they're crouching)

Quoted for epic rofl

no. definitely not. this is like saying banning the awp on dust2. does not make sense at all. fy_snow is a spam/aim map... if u dont know the spams or get spammed figure it out and grow a pair

First, you try to compare banning spamming on snow to banning awps on d2, which doesn't make any sense since you claim that snow is a spam/aim map, which dust2 isnt. There's really nothing to figure out spam wise in snow, you just point at a wall and hold down fire. The whole growing a pair comment implies that you think people are scared of spamming. No, its just god awfully annoying, especially when you spawn and try to get a weapon and end up with 10 hp without seeing anyone.

• 7 months later...

I mean initial wall spam ONLY catches the tards who take more than 5 seconds to find a gun. If you gun shop then you deserve to be chiefed.

Fixed.

thanks bro

guys you know there is a order of events here right?

warn them

kick them

ban them

its silly to ban someone for spamming .. they might be cool people that don't know the rules.

+1