Sign in to follow this  
Real Communist

Windows 7 Question

Is windows Vista programs compatable with windows 7???

This seems like an extremely stupid question but I'm trying to think of a way for it not to be. Please give an example of a program your curious about.

And what are the coolest new feautures, that are not obviouse??

The best feature it'll have is that it's NOT Vista. Seems pretty stupid but in reality that's about all MS is shooting for. There's a few extra "features" but nothing groundbreaking.

This seems like an extremely stupid question but I'm trying to think of a way for it not to be. Please give an example of a program your curious about.

The best feature it'll have is that it's NOT Vista. Seems pretty stupid but in reality that's about all MS is shooting for. There's a few extra "features" but nothing groundbreaking.

How are they both stupid questions?

I downloaded aim, it worked, and Avira, and it worked. Im talking about all the prorgams, or most.

AND A REAL answer for the features.

How are they both stupid questions?

I didn't say they both were, I said your first one looked like one. I guess it was.

Just like every other version of Windows there will be a handful of old or poorly coded programs that don't work but 99.9% of them will transfer over just fine. They've integrated virtual machine technology to a point where any program that worked in XP will work in Windows7.

AND A REAL answer for the features.

That is the real answer. Short of a few backend upgrades and a new theme there's virtually nothing new or groundbreaking in Windows7. In fact there's some things Vista came with that that you'll have to go download. Windows7 is Vista SP3 and you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who doesn't at least partially agree.

Everyone's making such a big deal out of Windows7 but that's because the sheep that believed Vista was terrible are being tricked by another shepherd into believing Windows7 is great.

I love how they bash IE so much and push "faster alternatives". I'm going to have to call BS on that one, especially if they're referring to FF.

Anyway, they also mention netbooks. Wonder how good it would run on a 2GB netbook?

Windows 7 was created with netbooks in mind thats why they are being sold with them. Netbooks, at least the ones where I work, are having windows 7 starter sold with them and have the option to upgraded to higher versions whenever.

As for running on 2gb....I'm running Windows 7 Pro on 1.5 gigs of ram just fine.