Sign in to follow this  
Heero Shin

PSP Tourneys?

While I rape a few bots on my Hacked file of Dissidia and work on my normal file on the same game. I can't help to remember how many people have PSPs in the Commuter Lounge and how many games we could set up at the LAN/Mini LANs. Several I can think of off the bat are as followings.

Dissidia

Monster Hunter (F, F2, U)

Bleach Heat The Soul 5

Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions

I own the hacked version and Hardcopy of each of these games and would like to see some love for the handhelds.

Ideally, this would be up to the Console VP. But I will say is this.. go ahead and try to poll the local PSP players to see if they would be interested in such tournaments. If they are, work with the Console VP to see if they can organize a test run mini tournament at the LAN.

I wasn't aware that anyone owned a PSP.

Not saying it's a stupid machine or anything, I just don't personally know anyone who ever wanted one.

~MadNik, thinking a PSP tournament would involve a two person bracket.

There are quite a few floating around campus. Most of those with them are people you wouldn't think would have one... like Nickname.

I would get one if the battery lasted longer while playing games. It almost reminds me of the Sega Game Gear. Much better than the Nintendo handheld and much more flexible doing things other than gaming but not really cost effective or as long-lasting (playtime wise) as the pure gaming alternative.

There are quite a few floating around campus. Most of those with them are people you wouldn't think would have one... like Nickname.

I lol'd cause its true. I do love my PSP though.

I suggest you try to get some together for this LAN and do a little side tourney (that doesn't give prizes) to see how well it does. Pick a game that will be easy to do a tournament for. If you get the games and the PSP's I'll clear out a table for them.

I suggest you try to get some together for this LAN and do a little side tourney (that doesn't give prizes) to see how well it does. Pick a game that will be easy to do a tournament for. If you get the games and the PSP's I'll clear out a table for them.

soul caliber broken destiny would be perfect

Also any other tourney style games for the PSP that are popular should be sought out too. If the tournaments run smoothly and efficiently it'll be a fun little side thing we can add to all future LAN's as well.

I see a Patapon Tourney going as to who can kill a certain boss the fastest.

SC:BD would be awesome, I call Kratos! Matches my PSP.

MHF2/MHFU can have up to 4 people in one hunting zone. All damage is given to anyone that is hit by a weapon so a 4 way slaughter fest or have 2 1 on 1s within the zone.

U know what else would be cool...we could remote into the psps from the ps3 and play the game on the tv screen with the ps3 controler or psp ...we could also use the psp video output port to put the video directly on to a tv screen so people could atleast watch!