Evolution of game controllers

• 4 months later...

ps2 had the best controller ever

I liked the PS1 controller but I never liked the placement of the analog sticks on the ps2 controller. In games where you need analog sticks, I much prefer the xbox slim or 360 controller.

N64 had the best controller evar

I do believe the gamecube had a solid control scheme.

the little buttons made it small enough to *edited* me off.. I think I like the ps controller best but I don't play consoles that often

N64 had the best controller evar

I do believe the gamecube had a solid control scheme.

meh I was never a big fan of n64 or gamecube but gamecube was definitely better than n64, still not as good as xbox/playstation tho.

• 2 weeks later...

no mention of the nintendo light rifle? zomg. it was too many decades ahead of its time... and epic.

Ahh, the original orange-and-grey NES Zapper. Man, that was so much fun. So much fun, in fact, that I was for a while considering modding it in order to play Duck Hunt on something other than a tube TV. :/

Let's hope Nintendo knows what it's doing with this Wiimote thing, the closest shell I've seen to that old NES Zapper is actually the Nyko PerfectShot. But, I'm not the Treehouse Group at Nintendo.

BJ

Let's hope Nintendo knows what it's doing with this Wiimote thing

Sales are through the roof, profits are at an alltime high, and their competitors have tried to copy it's features from the start.

It think they know what they're doing...

Erm... I MEANT what they were doing with the "Wiimote as lightgun equivalent" thing.

BJ

if you've ever played link's crossbow training or the target game in wii play, you will realize that its better in most ways technically but still not as cool as the light gun (nostalgia ftw)

The wiimote will never be as effective a controller as the light gun. The engineering behind it prohibits its usefulness as a gun.

With that said, the engineering behind the light gun keep it from being useful with modern games.

Nintendo learned their lessons about controller attachments with the N64 and will be keeping them to an absolute minimum from now on. Instead they're focus will be on using the expansion ports on the console itself, something Nintendo has very rarely done in America.