Sign in to follow this  
peanut

Win 7 Pro (Full version) $30 with .edu

Hey everyone.

Someone I just worked with started the win741 process, and got the e-mail with the link to buy the $30 Home Premium Upgrade. However, he wanted Pro and full version at that, so he called: 1.877.696.7786 - and pressed the button to pre-order. When he got on the line with the associate he told them he actually wanted the full version of win7 pro, and they agreed. He got the receipt and everything. Only paid the $30+tax.

Offer ends today. He had to supply his .edu e-mail address over the phone, but he got it.

(well we will know for sure in about a week when it arrives, but it seems pretty legit right now).

"Call 1.877.696.7786

Choose option 7 for Windows 7

Choose option 1 for pre-ordering

Offer should be valid thru today. You call, give them your edu email, and pay $37.xx with shipping/tax for windows 7 professional full retail dvd."

This is the e-mail from the person I work with.

There have been issues with the Student upgrade, particularly the ones from that website (can't remember the name), but a new iso has been released that fixes the problem.

Also, this was completely different from the "Upgrade" for $30 - as the kid got a full retail version of Win7 Pro - it came with 2 DVDs, one for 32-bit and one for 64-bit. All for $30.00 - damnit, I should have done it. I thought I was fine, but the DVD I had was only 32-bit. I am trying to get a 64-bit one now, but we will see. You might still want to try calling, if you want full, and not upgrade (if there is in fact any difference).

SOOOO.

I got windows 7.

Steam won't work on it.

ANY THOUGHTS?

Please don't tell me I have to make another copy of steam for this *edited*.

If Steam doesn't work you did something seriously wrong. You should be able to install Steam in Win7 and then copy over your steamapps folder and everything just works.

That's what I did when I did a fresh install from Vista anyway.