Sign in to follow this  
Fascist Flakes (Jagr)

Win 7

Seriously debating formatting my system (ugh @ reinstalling *edited* though) and putting the Win 7 up that you can get for $30. Mitch, Mike, Shane, etc.. any reviews? Comparisons or contrasts to Vista Ultimate I have running on my rig still?

Unfortunately the $30 is the "upgrade" isn't it though?

Edited by Fascist Flakes (Jagr)

My review is this: GET IT NOW!

It's lightyears better than Vista.

As for the fresh install, it's really up to you. You don't HAVE to but I would. I've seen some in-place upgrades fail and well, that's not the boat you want to be in.

You might try swinging by the CRIB with a DVD and see if they can burn you a copy.

I just bought the upgrade version of windows 7 ultimate..... i got it for 17 bones. I'm planning on reformatting and installing it (using a windows vista ultimate cd key as the previous os serial).

Does anyone see how this could be a problem? Right now I don't have my discs for microsoft office so that kinda sucks. I might have to wait some more. UGH

I just bought the upgrade version of windows 7 ultimate..... i got it for 17 bones. I'm planning on reformatting and installing it (using a windows vista ultimate cd key as the previous os serial).

Does anyone see how this could be a problem? Right now I don't have my discs for microsoft office so that kinda sucks. I might have to wait some more. UGH

If you have your key you can download the trial and then pop the license into that.

I would say its definitely an improvement but I mean if you are happy with how your system is running there really aren't many new features, its just more efficient