Sign in to follow this  
Ephraim

LAN Results (2009.3)

Why's everyone here so quick to start an argument? Even I could tell Moose was being sarcastic about the L4D thing.

And yes, the BlazBlue winner did nothing but *edited* all day about how the game wasn't on the 360 and how he was *edited*ing up all his combos because he wasn't used to the controller, despite him killing people with 2-3 combos usually. He even *edited*ed about his combos *edited*ing up after taking someone out with 1 combo! So, yeah, total douchebag.

~Arch Angel~

Yeah, the guy thrashed my *edited* in Brawl and yet kept on *edited*ing about not caring about Brawl. It was really obnoxious.

So pretty much all you commuter lounge kids got treated to the same *edited* you put other people through, sweet. I think the guy that won BlazBlue and Brawl should be promoted to Console Pres.

Second, FacistFlakes, please don't be a sore loser because you lost. Learn what SARCASM is before you jump. Considering I, ManlyMoose, had top kills on the first map (218 with the second highest being 109), and tied for top on the second map. I would say that was MVP, not to mention top infected damage.

Yeah... you see, L4D is a team game, and from what I could tell you ran ahead and deserted your team for the most part. Score means pretty much jack diddly in L4D unfortunately, and if you couldn't tell, you were the one being saved 95% of the time. MVP != you, MVP == Your team for carrying you.

Edited by Fascist Flakes (Jagr)

So pretty much all you commuter lounge kids got treated to the same *edited* you put other people through, sweet. I think the guy that won BlazBlue and Brawl should be promoted to Console Pres.

Second, FacistFlakes, please don't be a sore loser because you lost. Learn what SARCASM is before you jump. Considering I, ManlyMoose, had top kills on the first map (218 with the second highest being 109), and tied for top on the second map. I would say that was MVP, not to mention top infected damage.

Yeah... you see, L4D is a team game, and from what I could tell you ran ahead and deserted your team for the most part. Score means pretty much jack diddly in L4D unfortunately, and if you couldn't tell, you were the one being saved 95% of the time. MVP != you, MVP == Your team for carrying you.

This is the last I will say on this topic, as this is merely ridiculous. I was team point. I cleared out, pulled special infected, and risked my own character to improve the performance of the team as a whole. I'll admit, if I was not point, my scores would have been terrible as that is not my play style. Once again, please learn sarcasm or stop assuming. /DONE

Also, I would like to ask that my original post, and any or all posts thereafter involving this discussion be removed as this public display of all of us being asinine is unbecoming to public image.

Edited by ManlyMoose

No one cares that he won, hell Trevor was up 2-0 on him in Brawl and forfeit because he wanted to go with us to get pizza with us. What we care about is that he's a grade-A douchebag. Granted that can be said about a whole lot of us, myself included, but this guy did it like it was his *edited* job. I think he rubbed a lot of people at the LAN the wrong way.

As for you wanting him to be your Console Pres., have fun at App.

~Arch Angel~

This is the last I will say on this topic, as this is merely ridiculous. I was team point. I cleared out, pulled special infected, and risked my own character to improve the performance of the team as a whole. I'll admit, if I was not point, my scores would have been terrible as that is not my play style. Once again, please learn sarcasm or stop assuming. /DONE

Yeah.. and if you had gone against a team that comprised more than one person having actually played the game in the past.. 6+ months, then you would've died pretty early on. Someone as point scouts ahead, but doesn't abandon the team as far out as you did. Sarcasm != bragging.

As for the guy that won Brawl and BlazBlue, he went to App? For shame, for shame indeed. Pretty good that he came down from App though, did we advertise our LAN at App or on their forums, or had someone told him about it?

You already got a "Special" prize. Only the movies were supposed to be the prize, not the cash.

You were not at the meeting. Who was it that came up with the layout initially for prizes with our limited funds? ME. (in so much that I was the token "Jew" for crunching the payout amounts on the board while everyone argued over this and that) It was first set at $10 with the movies being an auction.

Ever wonder where the movies came from? Of course not, you didn't care. Well, here's some history. With even less of a budget last year we bought those to give as prizes. Not really we actually, Nickname bought them, I paid him back, and the club paid me back. They were to be the sole prize. As L4D wasn't completed the winning team at the time opted to not take the prize and leave it for this LAN.

So yeah, it was decided LAST semester that the next L4D tournament would have those movies as prizes. Glad you guys read the memo...

Btw, as a L4D elite player, anyone who runs ahead of the group is hurting their team. It doesn't matter if you call it "scouting" or being a "meat shield" you're just as useless to your team. Anyone who thinks this tactic is useful is just plain retarded. Sorry to be blunt but that tactic never works. Never has and never will. It's a team game and going solo in a team game pretty much puts your team at a man down. If the other team had any coordination at all it would have been a near-instant roll.

yes, we advertise at App. I have some contacts there that help run their gaming club and they spread the word.

+1 to you. That always helps.