Sign in to follow this  
lawlrence

Will CSS be brought back to the lans?

I was curious if CSS will ever exist at wcu lans again. I wanted to go to some this year, but I probably won't go to any, until css is back.

Also, I think it'd be fun to have a wcu/app lan event sometime/somewhere. I'm not actually a part of the gaming club here(it's dominated by console *edited*), but I think it could be a big success. I know some wcu kids have come to app lans before, and me and some friends went to a wcu lan last year.

If it gets voted in, any game can make it, look at this last lan. Hell, we had Warcraft 3 with one of the highest attendance. Most current members do not play CS in any form, so it would be a long shot.

If it gets voted in, any game can make it, look at this last lan. Hell, we had Warcraft 3 with one of the highest attendance. Most current members do not play CS in any form, so it would be a long shot.

yeah like 10 people... the truth is the pc side had very low attendance so the highest means little. If you want to make sure CSS is played at the next lan MAKE SURE ALL OF YOU who want to come play CSS / CS are on IRC when the meeting takes place. I will be, because I actually want to go to the next lan.

We can only vote on it. Hop onto IRC during the next meeting and vote for CS1.6 and CSS

Has this always been the way games are decided? it is a serious mistake for CSS not to be at the lans...

Seems like nobody voted for cs1.6/css to be at the lan, because everyone figured cs1.6/css were going to be there since its so popular.

I havnt been to a wcu lan though, so I dont know, I would go to the next one if it had css though.

When are the IRC meetings to vote?

Off campus members have been allowed to vote in IRC during meetings. The reason why CS1.6 and CSS arent being voted in is because people on campus arent voting for them and instead are voting games that no one plays

I'll vote for CSS, depending on when the next lan is i would make the trip to come play with you guys....never done a lan before and i'm from florida so i need a place to stay lol.

Yes, had I known that CS/CSS were not going to be voted in I would have made more of an effort to vote on them via IRC, but I was at home at the time with crappy internet.

Again, I'm encouraging those who are planning on coming to the lan to play CS / CSS to vote for them when the time comes. I'm not sure when the meeting for this will be.

Meetings are announced in the General Discussion thread usually well in advance of them actually happening, so check there often to see if a meeting will be held soon.

I will do more advertising on the 1.6 side when those meetings will occur so that we can have more votes counted.

If you can't find a place to stay at wcu, you can have the futon in my dorm ;]. It's about 2 and a half hours away from wcu's campus though.

lol ok, but if you go to the lan are you going to drive all the way back right after? i like to drink so ill be smashed and wouldn't drive anyway, looks like a hotel maybe haha.

Book now, hotel reservations get gone surprisingly fast in this area. If I still lived in the Whee I would offer up my place... sorry guys..

Truth of the matter is that this club was built entirely on the back of CS1.6 and CSS.

The "new" students may not like it but the fact of the matter is that if you abandon the games that built this club you're essentially forcing yourself to start entirely over on the PC side.

What happened this last LAN was the equivalent of consoles going from CoD4/Halo3/SSBB to Halo1/SSB/Guitar Hero 1. It's a generational leap backwards and while it might still draw crowds you're going to seriously *edited* off the existing crowd in the process. Hence the lowest turnout in years on the PC side. It'll take years to rebuild the PC side on the games it seems you want to play and while you "new" guys may get a kick out of hosting LAN games my netbook can play, the majority of us like flashy explosions and 16xAA.

I havnt found a recent game with all the flashy lights and perfect textures that really comes close to the playability of cs/css, I built my new PC way over the top because I wanted to be able to play crysis level games, but when I actually played them, I realized how utterly crap their multiplayer is.

Now on my built by me 900$ Desktop, I play css 95% of the time, when I could have just stuck with my 300$ IBM from 2001...

I'm going to try borderlands soon, because it looks promising, but l4d left me dissapointed, so did cod4:mw, crysis and a few others I'm forgetting about.

As far as a game that is easily playable, easy to learn, and all around fun. CS1.6 and CSS are the absolute best, and I know that it is one of the most played at our local lans.

Edited by Asystole

Try l4d2 it is made of win. I played the other night and I love the things they changed/added, it really makes for a completely different experience.