Sign in to follow this  
Liam

Meeting Minutes (April 13, 2010) Discussion

I saw a lot this:

"Nobody in attendance had any complaints"

That's how it was. Nobody raised any objections. That's how it got done so fast.

There are no longer any official CLs. However, the VPs can deputize people to help run tournaments and the PCVP can deputize people to help run the servers. There is no longer a Webmaster, but the PCVP can deputize someone to help run the forums. In practice, nothing has changed, except the Webmaster can't vote because it's not an "official" position. This is all to make it so only students can be members (as per SGA rules), but the club can still accept help from non-members.

There are no longer any official CLs. However, the VPs can deputize people to help run tournaments and the PCVP can deputize people to help run the servers. There is no longer a Webmaster, but the PCVP can deputize someone to help run the forums. In practice, nothing has changed, except the Webmaster can't vote because it's not an "official" position. This is all to make it so only students can be members (as per SGA rules), but the club can still accept help from non-members.

That makes sense, okie dokie

if a student wishes to be webmaster they can come to me and express an interest. if they are qualified and trustworthy then I would make the decision with advice from all who wish to give it *cough* liam *cough* adam *cough*. excuse me my keyboard must have a cold. but anyway i would make sure they could do it and then appoint them.

I'm all for giving more power to the students... but I think that the Webmaster and the CL's are positions that should be able to voice some say. Especially after all the work Liam has done and the CL's including me.

If nothing else please employ some form of recognition.

I'm all for giving more power to the students... but I think that the Webmaster and the CL's are positions that should be able to voice some say. Especially after all the work Liam has done and the CL's including me.

If nothing else please employ some form of recognition.

The idea is that with executive decisions non-students cannot have a say in the club.

The CLs and Webmaster have done a lot for the club, but per SGA rules I think they are only allowed to voice opinions rather than have an actual say through a vote.

Since the CL and Webmaster positions are not executive board spots they can still be assigned to non-students, by only the corresponding VP, so i cannot imagine you losing your job soon

just sayin

yeah.. my bad i was a bit drunk when i said that and a little confused.. i retract

:blink:

hmmm...so what happens now? Do we still vote for new CLs every semester or what?

I believe the CL votes and such will be done by the VP of your designated area. He/she will ask for nominations, you can nominate yourself, and then he/she will decide based off of qualifications/etc. Maybe some voting will be done amongst the community?

Looks great guys, good job. Make sure we vote on the LAN dates for the Fall at the next meeting and then get them signed up ASAP! Also, WTB BC2 SERVER >:(

Again I say, I approve. You can rest assure it takes alot to get my approval. All of the changes I understand without needing further explanation. I do see small problems in the future, but nothing that needs to be addressed at this time. Everything that needed to be addressed and modified, was. We should be happy that the constitution is a living document as it should be, and not a joke as it was. (I mean the line about Mitchell Pate having to go to the lans at the direction of the president) I couldn't get the votes to remove that line, so I knew I couldn't get the rest of it changed. Congratulations guys for getting this done so quickly and making it very professional.

don't mean to open a can of worms, but what happen to all the defectors and their grand scheme of creating a copycat club? are they still brewing in their own stupor?

Edited by NuRayZ

don't mean to open a can of worms, but what happen to all the defectors and their grand scheme of creating a copycat club? are they still brewing in their own stupor?

They are indeed still brewing in stupidity

they are going through the proper means to start up WCUGA and if they are significantly different from us they get their own club but none of the resources we have obtained. they are doing what they feel is right playing devils advocate> using bad information

Kudos to whoever drafted the changes, to get unanimous approval without any complaints, that's incredibly good.