Sign in to follow this  
Freezer

LARP

I wanna be the marketing manager for LARP!

If you market it as exercise you'll be fired for running the nerds off.

Just a heads up lol

Not going to do that, just gonna talk about how you have magical abs after about 6 months and you suddenly weigh 30-40 lbs. less! :P

Edited by Bitey

lol I lost 13 pounds this weekend. yay for slight malnutrition and over exertion. oh and 95 degree weather. we only had 3 people out of 150 drop from heat sickness and that was their own *edited* fault. i kept shoving water at them the whole event but they kept saying they were fine.

lol I lost 13 pounds this weekend. yay for slight malnutrition and over exertion. oh and 95 degree weather. we only had 3 people out of 150 drop from heat sickness and that was their own *edited* fault. i kept shoving water at them the whole event but they kept saying they were fine.

LOL

I love the "sweat 10lbs off in a day" diet.

yea but luckily im staying busy enough to keep it off. im on my feet all day when i work so it helps me not yoyo with my weight.

Ya know, your larping and all its role-playing is cool and all, but question? Is this really considered a game? lol?

I would call it more of extreme acting, lol

Best idea I could come up with to describe the genre. What would you guys call larping?

Just read this was in the "Alternate gaming topic" and automatically thought this, lol.

And as a side note, yes mike, H.V.Z IS a game, I call it extreme tag!

And as a side note, yes mike, H.V.Z IS a game, I call it extreme tag!

HVZ is L4D with fake ammo. It needs to be paintball. Make the zombies be ninja for their food.

I be fine with just the skrimishes like what we did in amtgard, get hit in the leg loose the leg, hit in the arm loose the arm, chest shot is auto-death and keep doing that repetivly til you cant run around beating ppl with foam padded pvc anymore.

The game has a combat system as well as other types of system and an economy, at the least it is an RPG game that takes place in real life.

Yea bitey beat me to it. if there were not so many rules and systems i would agree with you Daniel but it is definitely a game. now if it was purely role play and no combat, Talents, or skills it would be continuous improv but its so much more than that.

as of friday morning I will be off to another event and as such will be off the grid till sunday night. if you need to get up with me leave a message on my phone or email me at mcsapp1@catamount.wcu.edu that is the first thing i check when i get back to my computer. ... gonna kill things.... with daggers.... made of foam and duck tape

as of friday morning I will be off to another event and as such will be off the grid till sunday night. if you need to get up with me leave a message on my phone or email me at mcsapp1@catamount.wcu.edu that is the first thing i check when i get back to my computer. ... gonna kill things.... with daggers.... made of foam and duck tape

Don't forget this

holygrail189.jpg

the only reason I know anything about LARP is because of the movie Role Models

mmm can i show up to a larp in a full military outfit and pretend to be a marine and scare the *edited* out of some guys in the woods throwing bird seed at me? Bigfoot may work =D jk

Is there larping in the mountains?

Edited by Dustin

well you can do that but the 4 real marines and the one CIA guy might have some words with you... on second thought they wont use words. just remember the core for our weapons is pvc. that *edited* hurts.

if anyone is interested i will be holding a Players meeting the sunday of move in weekend (august 21). we will be meeting at reynolds dorm and probably walking down to madison valley. this is the time to come find out what this is all about. ill have the full game book and we will be doing a bit of role play and probably some combat. hit me up on facebook if you want an invite to the event

-Mike sapp