Sign in to follow this  
Pink Monkey #13

CS:S Servers

As per lemm's request when i inquired about the various settings on the cs:s server(s) that had been reset since the new server was put online or whatever, I'm making a thread of what needs to be put back on the servers. Here's what I've got so far.

Warmup round

Bot difficulty set back to a higher level

custom skins enabled

On the warmup round, I say we make it back to he grenades. Dodgeball is fun every once in awhile, but I was starting to get tired of it as the warmup round all the time. Discuss...

As per lemm's request when i inquired about the various settings on the cs:s server(s) that had been reset since the new server was put online or whatever, I'm making a thread of what needs to be put back on the servers. Here's what I've got so far.

Warmup round

Bot difficulty set back to a higher level

custom skins enabled

On the warmup round, I say we make it back to he grenades. Dodgeball is fun every once in awhile, but I was starting to get tired of it as the warmup round all the time. Discuss...

well before it was random weapon.. I made a custom mod to make it flashbangs the whole time, but if you want I might be able to change it from he grenades every once in a while .. or just go back to the way it was before with random weapons

ps. thx for making the post

Ok, I noticed the 24/7 and the gg servers didn't have the pure server whitelist files but the 32slot regular server should allow the custom models .. is it still not working (I don't run any custom models / skins ) ?

I've also upped the bot difficulty.. so see how that treats you too.

We didn't use a whitelist before. 'sv_pure 1' allows certain types of modifications without us having to implement a whitelist. Things like player models and gunskins.

'sv_pure 2' is nazi enforcement and would require us to make a whitelist. We can go that route if you want but it's a hell of a lot harder to set up than just letting Valve determine what is and is not cheating in terms of game modifications.

'sv_pure' should be set to '1' on all the servers I configured during the move.

oh, btw, another thing to keep in mind is the bet mod. i haven't tried it out myself yet, but i'm saying if it hasn't been put back on, it needs to, imo. also, lemm, when you made the post about the new servers being up, the one under regular server is actually the 24/7 d2 server i think.

stats are needed if we are gonna get it populated again. We are all stat *edited*s I hate to say it, 13 is the biggest one of all

'sv_pure 1' allows certain types of modifications without us having to implement a whitelist. Things like player models and gunskins.

'sv_pure 2' is nazi enforcement and would require us to make a whitelist. We can go that route if you want but it's a hell of a lot harder to set up than just letting Valve determine what is and is not cheating in terms of game modifications.

'sv_pure' should be set to '1' on all the servers I configured during the move.

my understanding was sv_pure 2 forced you to only use stock models, no exceptions. sv_pure 1 allowed you to have a whitelist where you could allow certain models, sounds etc.

You might want to check on this but im pretty confident in that statement.

We didn't use a whitelist before.

I know this is incorrect because I remember working with liam on the whitelist way back when because my skins weren't working

You're right. The whitelist from the old server should still be there. I'll toss it on later today.

I already made sure that the white list that was on the original server is now on all three servers.... I was trying to get some feedback to determine if that helped at all.

Also, yes we NEED stats. Not everyone plays for stats but the stat *edited*s are usually the ones to get on the server when it is empty. Most everyone else will only play if there are already people playing. Therefore, stats are very necessary... I'm not about to sit on the server all day trying to populate it during the Summer without stats running.

Either way I've got a second interview with a company in Columbia.. so mebbe I can haz a job? The one in Franklin fell through with a standard letter from HR with no name or signature 2 weeks late! (real classy people).

Either way I've got a second interview with a company in Columbia.. so mebbe I can haz a job? The one in Franklin fell through with a standard letter from HR with no name or signature 2 weeks late! (real classy people).

JOBS ARE FOR POOR PEOPLE.