Best oil spill clean up idea ever.

This would never have happened if they could get the easy oil right off the shore instead of having to get it from a *edited* mile under the water.

In trying to "save the planet" the liberal enviro-nutjobs and ruined it. GG

This would never have happened if they could get the easy oil right off the shore instead of having to get it from a *edited* mile under the water.

wat

u know this happened cause the safety valve didnt work because THE BATTERY ON IT WAS DEAD AND THEY WERE TOO LAZY TO REPLACE IT; which caused too much pressure on the cement cap, which was also subpar quality, and BP had no plan on how to deal with something bad happening. Basically its shocking it took this long for a major problem like this to happen in the first place.

wat

What do you mean wat? The reason it's taking so long to stop the leak is because they had to drill for oil a *edited*ing mile and a half underwater.

u know this happened cause the safety valve didnt work because THE BATTERY ON IT WAS DEAD AND THEY WERE TOO LAZY TO REPLACE IT; which caused too much pressure on the cement cap, which was also subpar quality, and BP had no plan on how to deal with something bad happening. Basically its shocking it took this long for a major problem like this to happen in the first place.

There's a whole lot more to it than a dead battery but feel free to keep blindly blaming them. There were two control pods for the deadman switch, only one had a dead battery, and before they can even activate the communications, power, and hydraulics lines must all be severed. At this point they think the hydraulic lines were still intact which would prevent the automatic systems from engaging.

I love how everyone's jumping all over BP when they only owned 65% of the well it was sitting on and employed 5% of the workers on the platform. You don't hear a word about Anadarko, Mitsui, Cameron International, or Transocean because those are companies the average American has never heard of. At the very least, they're as much to blame. What I don't understand is why you don't hear about Halliburton's involvement, the libs love to bash them.

Sure there was negligence, there always is to some degree. What isn't fair is to tell oil companies that they can't drill for really easy to get oil on land and force them to drill 1.5 miles underwater, 50 miles out to sea and then get upset at the oil companies when the environmental damage and recovery time from a spill increase exponentially. It's not their fault the only place they can get oil is really far away.

Also worth noting, the US Interior Department concluded that a massive oil spill at that well was unlikely and exempted BP from doing a detailed environmental impact analysis. Mayhaps Obama partially to blame? An impact study would have delayed the project significantly...

sure masterp let's put the first one right in your favorite beach spot or hell right in your backyard.

i think that rig was in commission before obama called for more drilling.

and what would the incentives be for allowing near shore drilling? Cheaper oil? fat chance. Quicker clean up time? bull*edited*, the only difference would be the oil is a hell of a lot closer to shore (10 miles vs. 50 miles hardly a difference) and the amount of money it is taking BP to clean up the mess. A day or two less of thousands and thousands of gallons of oil spilling on the coast would make absolutely little difference to the impact (it's gonna be bad regardless).

Poor over-regulated oil companies making record breaking profits, we shouldn't be so hard on them...*edited* them dude. btw i blame transocean as much or more than i do BP.

Edited by NuRayZ

on a different note, every levee up and down the mississippi river has been open to try and push the oil spill away from louisiana. That combined with a southeastern wind, points the oil directly towards texas. fml

Also worth noting, the US Interior Department concluded that a massive oil spill at that well was unlikely and exempted BP from doing a detailed environmental impact analysis. Mayhaps Obama partially to blame? An impact study would have delayed the project significantly...

my original point was this whole mess was the result of a cluster*edited* of so many things going wrong its not even funny. pretty much everybody involved with the project did something of questionable judgement or just plain wrong/bad

sure masterp let's put the first one right in your favorite beach spot or hell right in your backyard.

You realize that 10 miles out is not extremely noticable right? Oh and if BP wants to put one in my backyard, YES PLEASE!

You thought incorrectly, they started drilling at that well in Feb 2010.

and what would the incentives be for allowing near shore drilling? Cheaper oil?

If it's cheaper and easier to get to the refinery, it is by definition cheaper to the consumer.

Quicker clean up time?

If not for the extreme depth the original attempt to fix it would have worked. If not for the extreme distance from shore the backup container could have been deployed days, maybe weeks, sooner. That means less oil leaked so yeah, quicker cleanup time.

bull*edited*, the only difference would be... the amount of money it is taking BP to clean up the mess.

So it costs BP less to clean up yet the quantity of leaked oil and time required to clean it up doesn't change? Your math doesn't make sense.

A day or two less of thousands and thousands of gallons of oil spilling on the coast would make absolutely little difference to the impact

Day or two? Try month or two before it's over with. This whole ordeal could have been over May 7 but the water was too deep and cold for a well head to be properly deployed.

Poor over-regulated oil companies making record breaking profits, we shouldn't be so hard on them...*edited* them dude.

The typical liberal response: they make money so they're evil. Here's a wakeup call, those "record breaking profits" you always hear about, yeah that's before taxes and operating costs. In 2009 BP had a net income of $16.58 billion. That's about a 6% profit margin. That's less than pharmaceuticals, banks, telecomm, and food distributors. No one ever bashes ConAgra, Harris Teeter, or Ingles for their industry high profit margins...

my original point was this whole mess was the result of a cluster*edited* of so many things going wrong its not even funny. pretty much everybody involved with the project did something of questionable judgement or just plain wrong/bad

Yeah but not "everyone involved" will face the long-term fallout from this. Just one company will.

I do agree though that as more info is released it's looking more and more like the stars just lined up for this happen. I mean a hell of a lot of things went wrong one after another but if you're not going to blame EVERYONE involved in the *edited*up it's not fair to blame anyone involved.

Btw, I emailed Obama last week and told him to lower majormajormajor to the oil leak and let him plug it with his overly large stature. I have yet to get a reply.

i say they set off a *edited*ing huge *edited* explosion larger than majormajormajor himself that sends a tidal wave out from the coast taking the oil to the south pole or some *edited* like that.

i mean the south pole has be white for so long,, not trying to be raciest or anything but the oil would make a nice touch.

on a different note, every levee up and down the mississippi river has been open to try and push the oil spill away from louisiana. That combined with a southeastern wind, points the oil directly towards texas. fml

beach party in galveston?

HELL YES.

Crude oil wrestling. Nothing like lube, boobs, and beer.

You realize that 10 miles out is not extremely noticable right? Oh and if BP wants to put one in my backyard, YES PLEASE!

You thought incorrectly, they started drilling at that well in Feb 2010.

and what would the incentives be for allowing near shore drilling? Cheaper oil?

If it's cheaper and easier to get to the refinery, it is by definition cheaper to the consumer.

Quicker clean up time?

If not for the extreme depth the original attempt to fix it would have worked. If not for the extreme distance from shore the backup container could have been deployed days, maybe weeks, sooner. That means less oil leaked so yeah, quicker cleanup time.

bull*edited*, the only difference would be... the amount of money it is taking BP to clean up the mess.

So it costs BP less to clean up yet the quantity of leaked oil and time required to clean it up doesn't change? Your math doesn't make sense.

A day or two less of thousands and thousands of gallons of oil spilling on the coast would make absolutely little difference to the impact

Day or two? Try month or two before it's over with. This whole ordeal could have been over May 7 but the water was too deep and cold for a well head to be properly deployed.

Poor over-regulated oil companies making record breaking profits, we shouldn't be so hard on them...*edited* them dude.

The typical liberal response: they make money so they're evil. Here's a wakeup call, those "record breaking profits" you always hear about, yeah that's before taxes and operating costs. In 2009 BP had a net income of $16.58 billion. That's about a 6% profit margin. That's less than pharmaceuticals, banks, telecomm, and food distributors. No one ever bashes ConAgra, Harris Teeter, or Ingles for their industry high profit margins...

whatever masterp. i hate you lol

I feel like it wasn't BPs fault alone but they shouldn't be blaming it on other people so the other people afterward can blame it on more people.

BP should put a lot more effort into plugging up the spill and then into cleaning it up. We've already destroyed ecosystems.

This shouldn't be a game of politics.

I feel like it wasn't BPs fault alone but they shouldn't be blaming it on other people so the other people afterward can blame it on more people.

This shouldn't be a game of politics.

And who can blame them, if they don't make this a political game they'll be the only one stuck with all the blame when all is said and done. I think if BP wasn't the only one being targeted by the press they'd be trying to do alot more to help rather than spending most of their time and effort covering their *edited*. They haul all the CEOs in front of Congress, expecting someone to willingly jump on a sword over this, and get *edited*ed off when everyone has an excuse or explaination for their mistakes. Well what do you expect? No one is going to claim sole responsibility for a freak accident that took mistakes from all involved to create.

They want to minimize the damage as much as anyone else but their primary goal is to still be standing at the end of the day. That is not the goal of the US government right now. They want their pound of flesh and will say, do, or print anything to make that happen, regardless of whether or not it's the truth.