Posting A New Topic In Political Discussion

Just wondering after the recent walls of text. How many hours do you guys spend researching, typing and editing within this section of the forum?

I mean, I suspect a trend when this section opened to the amount of gaming one does.

Note from the office of NoDice

"keyboard cowboy less, game more"

tl;dr?

lol masterp uses wiki for his sources

And yet no one proves what I post to be factually incorrect. I know there are three versions of the truth but Wiki has yet to steer me wrong.

and masterP's lies

Grow a pair and either prove I'm lying or shut the *edited* up. Getting real tired of your constant and unfounded jabs at every post I make.

Posting something OTHER than liberal one-liners works as well.

And yes, Major's fatness is a global constant. If it's not in Wiki by now it will be by tomorrow afternoon :D Of course the math explaining it may take a good deal longer to crunch. Nickname I'll need you and Shawn Rigdon to meet me in Anne Vail's old office at 8am to solve these equations that explain how a fat person in their late teens or early 20s could literally weight that much without breaking the space-time continuum and creating light-emitting black holes. I can get you started, and by started I mean I've got you a whiteboard and markers.

why so serious?

here is my proof. My truth != Your truth. therefore Your truth = lies.

i was also under the impression :P meant silly, quit being a such a serious sam.

Edited by NuRayZ

either prove I'm lying or shut the *edited* up

I just gave you proof, WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM ME! Clearly in the humor of that comic they were showing how anyone can change anything on Wikipedia, I think it is a great "starting point" for any research that you might be doing, but it should never be the at all end all in any reference you ever make and never in a research paper. Which ever professor told you that is super fail. You can use it to find something and then check real legitimate non-profit or scholarly sources to make sure it is a correct reference, then you can use it. Just saying, but you keep right on using an encyclopedia, that anyone with a peanut for a brain an Internet connection and a computer can change.

I just gave you proof, WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM ME! Clearly in the humor of that comic they were showing how anyone can change anything on Wikipedia, I think it is a great "starting point" for any research that you might be doing, but it should never be the at all end all in any reference you ever make and never in a research paper. Which ever professor told you that is super fail. You can use it to find something and then check real legitimate non-profit or scholarly sources to make sure it is a correct reference, then you can use it. Just saying, but you keep right on using an encyclopedia, that anyone with a peanut for a brain an Internet connection and a computer can change.

This

I use wiki only for the sources on the bottom of the page. Quoting directly from wiki is like using a tertiary source, which is basically useless.

Which ever professor told you that is super fail.

So the dean of the EE department and associate dean of the kimmel school are super fail? I guess the head of optical physics research at UNCC is super fail too then.

Because my sourse *COULD* be wrong doesn't mean it is. Every "scholarly" source is fallible but unlike traditional "scholary" sources, Wiki articles aren't written by just one or two people. I can't tell you how many times in high school Encarta, Britanica, and World Book gave completely conflicting information, to the point where I typically had to stab wildly between what the three said and hope the teacher didn't know any better. To that end, Wiki is the only encyclopedia that actually lists the information sources for their articles.

Guess that's the difference between a liberal arts major and a major based in science, we don't *edited* with our peers.

Answer me this though, because now I'm really curious, when the whiteboard in front of me has 12 hours worth of math on it that proves a solution in a "scholarly" textbook on theoretical physics to be completely wrong, like not even using the right equations kind of wrong, am I allowed to actually use my brain and determine that MAYBE the textbook is wrong or do I have to stick with your idealism and just erase everything out of the assumption that the printed medium is an infallible truth that cannot be wrong? Btw, lab experiments backed up our equations and proved the book and about a dozen journal articles to be wrong. We used equations on Wiki as a foundation. I'm just saying...

In the read world, "scholarly" encyclopedias, journal articles, and textbooks aren't nearly as accurate as you give them credit. The average Wiki article is less than 20 pages and has twice as many authors and sources as the average textbook, from the sheer number of eyes alone it's far more likely that mistakes are going to be caught and fixed on Wiki than on any printed source.

Btw, you really think a non-profit won't lie in their publications to get more funding, sponsorships, or attention? lol?

I do like though how instead of actually doing what I asked, IE prove me wrong, you mindlessly drone on about how where I get some of my information *might* be wrong. You don't actually attempt to prove me wrong, probably because you can't, but that's getting off topic. So we're back to the original statement: