So i've started to watch this show and man *edited* these hippies

i hope the japs kill them some whales and eat them

Killing whales might seem bad, but why? they are animals, you kill cows, chickens, pigs and sheep you don't have a problem with that. Not to mention the million or so crabs that those guys on deadliest catch bring up. Is it cause whales seem lovable? I can buy that, I guess, but it's still retarded (then again Michael Vick engaged in dog fighting and got jail time, *edited*ing Donte Stallworth killed a man and got none(actually quick wiki check :On July 10, 2009, Stallworth was released from jail after serving 24 days of a 30-day sentence), wtf is that)

also these hippies are *edited*ing incompetent and crybabies, oh noes we got hurt, lets cry about it, oh noes the weather sucks poor us. POOR YOU? YOU *edited*ING VOLUNTEERED FOR THAT *edited*

those guys on the whale boats didn't, though one could argue that by working on that boat you have implicitly agreed to suck it up in whatever conditions that the job entails, but there are things that i have to do in my job that i don't like, and they may be doing this because it is simply the best alternative given their education and whatnot.

plus all these guys do is throw smelly *edited* and sticky *edited* at boats. whoop de *edited*ing do, well there was that one time they tried to prop foul the japs, and then the prop cut that *edited* like a hot knife through butter

then when the japs throw nuts, not bolts as the hippies erroneously claimed, at them they get all high and mighty saying that we don't do violent attacks and that they saw just 'how violent the whalers are'

REALLY?

*edited*ING REALLY?

it's not like the japs have a lot of non-harmful deterrents lying around on the ship to throw, they do have a really *edited*ing big harpoon gun that i bet could do some good damage to a zodiac, to just throw some *edited* you've got lying around is a pretty human response.

i would *edited*ing obliterate those kids if i was in charge. i wouldn't even fire a bullet or a shell, get me like 10 of those LRADs that they mentioned, that the japs had (only on the main ship and the zodiacs never became enough of a threat because of the effectiveness of water cannons) , get into range and just blast the *edited*ing *edited* out of them. I got time, *edited* i got all *edited*ing day, toggle on, toggle off. man those hippies are glad the japs care what people think, if it was china, they'd go *edited* this *edited* and call all the guys pirates and kill them all in accordance to international maritime law

also if you've got enough money that you can spend 7 months *edited*ing around in the antarctic isn't there something more effective you could be doing to try and "save the world"

killing whales destroys the environment?

it changes it, change = destroy? eh i've heard it both ways

now i'm for preventing them from hunting endangered species, though i think some species just aren't trying and we should just let them go (come on pandas, are you even trying? look if you don't breed, you don't exist.)

but whatever, japanese trolls are good trolls

post-464-12757894611443_thumb.jpg

post-464-12757895010809_thumb.jpg

Edited by rainefardreamer

we don't whale ranches. they aren't like cows, nor sheep, the don't breed as easily.

While i hate those tards on whale wars, their cause is justified. I'm all for studying whales and taking samples for the better of humanity, but there are ways of doing it without totally killing the whale.

and *edited* the japanese.

Whales are only protected because they are mega fauna. If they were harvesting some sort of fish no one would cry.

Besides animals have no rights anyways. If they cannot think up and impose moral laws in their community, then why should we give them moral consideration or allow them in ours.

If Africans kill elephants for food, do liberals get upset? No.

If they're doing it for food, same concept should apply to whales.

Because we don't turn in cow carcases for "research" does that make the western world butchers? No. There is no medicinal or scientific value in the carcase of an animal.

Because we don't turn in cow carcases for "research" does that make the western world butchers? No. There is no medicinal or scientific value in the carcase of an animal.

pretty sure its not liberal/conservative on this one

I know plenty of people who you would consider liberal but they feel animal testing is justified to help humans. I know plenty of Christan conservatives who feel that every animal has a place in heaven and we should not bring them to harm. Then I know many middle ground people who feel one way or another.

Labeling it lib/cons is not appropriate in this case as the major political groups line do not fall the normal way.

Call them tree-*edited*ing hippies... that is appropriate.

/s lol

wtf are you talking about. people are upset at elephants getting killed lol. If you didn't know, the African elephant is on the endangered species list. So yeah people are *edited*ed about it. I don't see the Japanese repopulating the whales they slaughter. But *edited* it, those whales are stupid so if we kill em all it's their fault right?

While i don't mind people killing animals for food, i do mind when it drives a species closer to extinction. We have driven whale populations in the past to near that. I just wish we could have saved certain species like the DoDo bird.

dodo-bird.gif

*edited* they would have been awesome to see be all goofy.

wtf are you talking about. people are upset at elephants getting killed lol. If you didn't know, the African elephant is on the endangered species list. So yeah people are *edited*ed about it. I don't see the Japanese repopulating the whales they slaughter. But *edited* it, those whales are stupid so if we kill em all it's their fault right?

While i don't mind people killing animals for food, i do mind when it drives a species closer to extinction. We have driven whale populations in the past to near that.

You missed my point, people are *edited*ed but apparently not enough because there are no TV shows about it. Just like whales, being on the endangered species list also doesn't stop them from being used as food. In the vast majority of cases, pure use as food does not drive a species to extinction. There's always another contributing factor, such as high-value byproducts, poor reproduction rates, natural predators, limited adaptation to environmental changes, or a mass-population event like a flood.

The Japanese alone have been whaling since the 1100s, if their intention was to drive whales to extinction they're sure taking their sweet time doing it. The fact of the matter is that over a dozen countries have a long history of sustainable whaling, including the US (Alaska), it's the oil byproduct that caused the overhunting. Placing severe restrictions on whaling forced an alternative to be developed and now everything's peachy. Japan now catches 400-500 per year which is more than fair and much less than you probably thought they did.

I just wish we could have saved certain species like the DoDo bird.

*edited* they would have been awesome to see be all goofy.

They weren't really goofy, they were just dumb. And if you think humans were the sole cause of their extinction... lol

Let's just say the meat was so bad even predators (dogs/cats) we introduced to the island didn't consider them worth the effort.

ya i don't think we caused the bird to become extinct. i just thought it would have been cool to see in a zoo or in the wild rather than a museum. They just look hilarious.

And humans have driven populations down to near extinction for food in the past. The Long horned bison (cousin of the ones you see today) use to be around but them *edited* injins whiped them off the planet. I see what youre saying though, it seems highly improbable to extinct a species soley from the use as food.

The figures on japanese whale killings are a little higher tho, around 1000 a year. I'm not really *edited*ed about it that much, i'm actually one of the few that is more *edited*ed about elephants than whales. At least the majority of the whale is used up.

And i think a "Poching the Pochers" show would be bad *edited*. Would be tough though, pochers tend to be a little more unforgiving than japanese whaling companies. lol

And i think a "Poching the Pochers" show would be bad *edited*. Would be tough though, pochers tend to be a little more unforgiving than japanese whaling companies. lol

Whalers do their job as an actual occupation which does not involve shooting or lots of violence. Poachers do their job on the side, but carrying guns, and not wimpy guns, facking massive elephant killing guns. They also do not suffer a second glance when someone they do not know comes up to them, especially if they have a camera crew.

I had a professor who studied on the Serengeti for a decade and he say he was shot at several times just because they were within a mile of a poacher camp. He has a bullet wound scar in his forearm where he was hit doing a study on freakin birds. Poachers know what they are doing is illegal but they know it also brings in *edited* good cash so they are willing to fight for it.

I mean the show would get *edited* good ratings, but I doubt you could find someone to host it.