Sign in to follow this  
MajorMajorMajor

Ubuntu 9.10 Question

I'm getting an error message when my computer first tries to connect to wifi. More of a prompt vs error message.

Enter password for keyring 'login' to unlock

The application 'NetworkManager Applet' (/usr/bin/nm-applet) wants access to the keyring 'login', but it is locked.

Few things, If I hit, OK, it just reoccurs. If I hit Deny, it goes away and I connect fine, except I cannot connect via the update manager.

My main password and any passwords I've had on this computer do not work.

I'm really not too sure if this is preventing me from doing any updates or not. In fact before I lent this *edited* my computer I never had the issue. I'm considering just removing the applet and see what happens. It's only a junky laptop that the 2, 3, W, D, B, ., all do not work.

No I have not checked the Ubuntu Forums. Every time I go there with a problem asking or looking they act so condescending and high and mighty thinking I'm retarded for not knowing a simple answer. While that is usually true, the insults coming from you guys are not as bad lol.

Every time I go there with a problem asking or looking they act so condescending and high and mighty thinking I'm retarded for not knowing a simple answer. While that is usually true, the insults coming from you guys are not as bad lol.

you *edited*ing idiot. die in a fire

with love,

nurayz

Try loading into a live version of 10.04 and see if it does the same thing.

The traditional fanboy reason to use Linux is because of the "great community support". I would never ask for help there b/c even the strongest Windows users with legitimate Linux problems they didn't cause are made to feel like idiots.

To my knowledge the keyring password is just the root password. Can you sign into sudo (meaning do you have the correct root password)?

Let me know!

Rob

no reason not to be using 10.04 at this point since its a LTS (long term support) release.