New lifetime player stats and summary screens

New match player stats and summary screens

New end of round display with MVP and interesting fact about a player

Updated scoreboard with new icons, visual style, MVP stars, and avatar pictures

New cinematic death camera

New domination and revenge system

Added avatar icons to voice chat, scoreboard, and end of round display

Incorporated many source engine updates

Disallowed the use of arbitrary command strings for the message of the day screen. Now only a specific list of commands is allowed.

Addressed issue in which AWPs and Scouts sometimes did not make the zooming sound.

cvar mat_showlowresimage is now a cheat command.

Many development console commands which would crash the server removed.

Updated source engine addresses many issues:

Better flashlight effect

Better HDR behavior

Multicore rendering support

Added sv_disablefreezecam cvar to turn off the freezecam on a server.

Added sv_nonemesis cvar to turn off domination/revenge on a server.

Added sv_nomvp cvar to turn off MVP stars on a server.

Added sv_nostats cvar to turn off stats on a server.

Removed -tickrate command line option and defaulted tick rate to 66 rather than 33. This addressed a number of issues, including:

Tick rate affecting how fast doors open / close

Tick rate causing players hitting the ground to stutter

Tick rate affecting the firing mechanisms of certain guns

UI

Added the following cvars to allow players to customize their scoreboards.

cl_scoreboard_ct_color_red

cl_scoreboard_ct_color_green

cl_scoreboard_ct_color_blue

cl_scoreboard_t_color_red

cl_scoreboard_t_color_green

cl_scoreboard_t_color_blue

cl_scoreboard_dead_color_red

cl_scoreboard_dead_color_green

cl_scoreboard_dead_color_blue

Changed the screen that appears when the message of the day fails to load to display proper error text.

Made the CT silhouette for the auto-select option in the Choose a Class screen smaller and corrected its aspect ratio.

Addressed a problem that occasionally caused characters to be colored incorrectly on the Change a Class screen.

Gameplay

Made ladders easier to climb. Added cvars sv_ladder_dampen and sv_ladder_angle.

Fixed issue that awarded three points when the bomb explodes after the round ends by elimination criteria instead.

Fixed issue in which you weren’t given credit for grenade damage if you fired a weapon at someone then hit them with a grenade (in that order). Also fixed problem in which grenading a player and then killing them with another weapon showed as ‘*** in 1’ on console.

There’s now a priority order for displaying win conditions when multiple win conditions are set.

If timelimit exists and is not 0, then show timelimit.

If timelimit does not exist, show maxrounds if not 0.

If both timelimit and maxrounds are 0, show winlimit.

If timelimit, maxrounds, and winlimit are all 0, show nothing.

Added a cvar to ignore win conditions: mp_ignore_round_win_conditions.

How will this affect ze server if at all?

yea, i will verify for the bug that menace reported. i would also like to say that i've had a problem with custom skins/models/sounds. when i very first got on wcu after the update, my customs gun skins were all wireframe. it still showed the outline of my custom skin, but it was all sound when shot, and i've noticed a lot of guns' reload sounds are buggy/not right. also, everytime a new round starts i hear a noise. it reminds me of the squishing noise when you shoot an orange on mill. anyway, if you guys could look into this and possibly fix it, it would be greatly appreciated. as for now, i think i'm going to remove my custom skins/sounds and see if that helps.

Am I the only person super *edited*ed about the CSS update?

Seriously, 6 years later they update a game and people are fawning all over it saying it's awesome. Well not me. Valve has gotten to the point they can take half a decade to do something and everyone applauds them for doing it. I may just be spoiled with TF2 and that team updating the game every month or so to keep it interesting, but releasing an update this far into the future with jack *edited* up to it is lame. Small updates every few months or decent updates every year are fine. The second you could have written 2 BRAND NEW AWESOME GAMES but instead update a game with not much to it is not good for the community nor makes financial sense.

Also Its so frustrating looking over the achievements and seeing things I did *edited*ING 3 YEARS AGO that now I would have to go do if I felt like being a *edited*. There is a major difference in showing TLC to a needed community and there is shameless plugging of an ancient game that is old enough for a sequel.

I probably will not play CSS anymore just to make myself feel better as I send a message to the man.

tl;dr VALVE JUST FINISH HL:EP3 ALREADY.

not to mention all the new bugs with the new update and how it'll take 5 minutes to alt-tab back in. But wait, there's more! now some of the player models are invisible and you gotta retry to see them again. Gg valve.

So its another blizzard yeah I guess they have reached that status where they can delay games out forever then just scrap them all together like sc ghost. Big deal they have the money. You deciding not to play doesnt effect them at all because you already bought the game....gg

um yeah... white list is way diff...

Liam did you edit the new white list already?

After looking at it I'm not totally sure how the new one works. It's setup differently than before.

• 1 month later...

well, just saying, I can understand what you mean MajorMajorMajor. I'm pretty sure that if this was here back a couple years ago, I had some legendary rounds on the server where I woulda had achievements popping like popcorn. And the knife achievements feel so cheap... Seriously, 1 sniper kill gets you Sknifed? bah. I can claim at least 3 in just one of them legendary rounds.

But on the other hand, I totally have some motivation to go make good on my knife skillz. Especially in regard to that one sniper cartoon someone posted around here back in the day.

And to play some SK.

well, just saying, I can understand what you mean MajorMajorMajor. I'm pretty sure that if this was here back a couple years ago, I had some legendary rounds on the server where I woulda had achievements popping like popcorn. And the knife achievements feel so cheap... Seriously, 1 sniper kill gets you Sknifed? bah. I can claim at least 3 in just one of them legendary rounds.

But on the other hand, I totally have some motivation to go make good on my knife skillz. Especially in regard to that one sniper cartoon someone posted around here back in the day.

And to play some SK.

well they do have to be scoped in when you knife them to count as sknifed... I got mine on MasterP last night :-)