Sign in to follow this  
Duendes

spss

Alrighty, so I'm forced to do research & get something published just so I can get my BS which is.... bs. Anyways, I need to know how to convert data from excel to SPSS for analysis. Any takers?

lol it's not that easy. yes there is software out there that can "convert", but if there isn't the right number of characters or right type of characters then the data gets messed up when its converted.

The first hit on that discusses importing the data.

If you can't find anything, talk to the professor. You can't be the first student to want to convert data from the most popular spreadsheet program ever created to SPSS.

The first hit on that discusses importing the data.

If you can't find anything, talk to the professor. You can't be the first student to want to convert data from the most popular spreadsheet program ever created to SPSS.

Yeah, I've been looking at each link there. I'm working with 2 professors- one of them wants me to fail bc he disagrees with my major & the other isn't quite johnny on the spot.

... that and the fact that I have to drive for 2 hrs, pay 4 tolls (total), and look for street parking for a 30 min meeting just to be shown how to do it by a professor.

Edited by Duendes

That or by the software that does it for you :P

There is software that does it for you but not entirely. You still need to adjust some characters yourself.

It's not about what it can and can't import. SPSS can import data from other programs but it requires that you import data in a certain way, with the data formatted in a specific way, and even then it requires all of Jupiter's moons to be in alignment with the prayer mound in Obama's secret underground lair.

TLDR: It can but it's extremely retarded.

Yeah I visited my prof. It took 15 minutes & 3 grad students to convert my research from excel to spss. I realized that I could've done it myself in a minute. It was actually nothing but copy & paste (besides the character adjustments which I already did) and they couldn't figure out how to do that.