Back to the Hog Infection

What ever happened to using a gun to kill wild animals?

I'm nowhere near squeamish about watching animals (or people) die but the sheer inefficiency of that kill made me feel sorry for the hog.

animals die a slow painful death on the safari, i dont see people getting squeemish when lion slowly suffocates and/or rip up a baby zebra on the discovery channel.

GJ on the kill, props to your sister. These feral hogs breed like rabbits, destroy natural plant life, suffocate the native animals by eating all the food, and are mean mother *edited*ers. Yeah, so he didn't kill it quickly, but things have been killed or have died in much more gruesome ways.

*edited* that pig. it would be one thing if it was an endangered species like a panda bear (not that you could get anywhere near a panda bear with a little knife); but it's a pig! There are millions of these SOB's that need to be shot on site and made into bacon.

edit: Did i just take a stance less liberal than masterp?! oh em gee!

Edited by NuRayZ

edit: Did i just take a stance less liberal than masterp?! oh em gee!

I'm not saying they shouldn't be killed, I'm just saying there's a far quicker and more efficient way of doing that requires much less time, work, effort, people, and hassles.

animals die a slow painful death on the safari, i dont see people getting squeemish when lion slowly suffocates and/or rip up a baby zebra on the discovery channel.

In nature, 15 dogs wouldn't pack together to take out a hog, therefore your metaphor is obsolete.

GOT'EM

Edited by rcon_l@nce

In nature, 15 dogs wouldn't pack together to take out a hog, therefore your metaphor is obsolete.

GOT'EM

uh...yeah they would?

african_wild_dog_pack.jpg

GOT'EM

uh...yeah they would?

african_wild_dog_pack.jpg

That's one specific breed of dog; most dogs don't work in packs.

rcon, I am not sure where you are getting your facts, but pretty much all dogs or canines work in packs. Domestic dogs don't really count mainly because :

Domestic dogs (Canis lupus): Despite being genetically the same species as the grey wolf, it is unclear what the similarities are between the pack behaviour of the dog and the gray wolf. Domesticated dogs have had humans as part of dog social structure for at least 12,000 years, and human behaviour is not the same as wolf behaviour. Studies of dog behaviour include studies of dogs and their interactions with humans (example [6]), "dumped" or "road" dogs that were raised by humans and then left to fend for themselves (The Tuscany Dog Project[7]), feral dogs not attached to humans (Carolina Dog), and feral dog packs that live in association with human villages or camps (New Guinea Singing Dog). Pack structure and behaviour varies greatly.

But yeah dogs in general always live and work in packs, it is the very structure and fiber of their being, very few dogs go "lone wolf" so to speak and the ones that do often don't last very long and usually do not go by choice. Dog's are social animals this is why they prefer to be in packs, whether that pack includes humans or others dogs depends but yeah PACKS man, that is the way of life for a dog.

Well, I guess there are conflicting arguments, because there is plenty of information that I've seen that claim that many wild dogs do not work in packs, UNLIKE their close relatives the wolf. It has been seen that there is little to no social or hierarchical structure in some wild dogs and they often compete against one another for food and shelter rather than work together. I guess breed and environmental factors can play a big role, but there is information that points to both sides of the argument.

Dogs don't always work in packs. I depends on the breed, environment, and size of the local prey.

Btw, the pic of African dogs is a poor example of how American and European dogs behave. Even within the same breed of dogs you'll notice drastic differences between American and European lineage and with body and behavioral differences come pack mentality and hunting differences.

It obviously wasn't FPS so it can't go in PC. It's not club related so it can't go in general.

I think where he made the mistake was in thinking RL is like an RPG. Most RPGs are on console.

We killed 8 that day... It was my gf first kill she didn't rip the heart open like it should of been done! But she still did a great job!

Regardless, she still got the job done the first time around so gj. What's the max legal length of knives in FL? I got a nice big Toledo knife :D